joeblast

The Cool Picture Thread

On 29.03.2019 at 12:22 AM, Nungali said:

and sometimes they eat  .....

It seems that my fears are justified. :o

I have three more questions:
Does it live in the area where you live?
Were there cases of their attacks on people?
Is it suitable for Chinese food? :)

On 03/04/2019 at 7:24 PM, Pavel Karavaev said:

It seems that my fears are justified. :o

I have three more questions:
Does it live in the area where you live?

No

Were there cases of their attacks on people?

Nope, just kittens  and birds

Is it suitable for Chinese food? :)

Hmmm .. maybe, it be good in a hangi  *  though  - apparently they are naturally infused with coconut flavour from their diet.

5267174039_8052158710_b.jpg

combo coconut and 'earth oven'  flavoured crab  with 'salad'   (  Man ! Do I miss Polynesian food ! )

Coconut-Crab-and-Seafood-Platter.jpg?ito

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/23/2019 at 5:51 PM, silent thunder said:

5cbf88f8de453_arthurattintagel.thumb.jpg.41170072dced88ab8b89417d8c241374.jpg

that'd make a great nighttime twilight shot (so that there's some glow to the atmosphere still)

...with a fire built inside of it

Edited by joeblast

Here is a funny one of me smoking a Sage/Demiana/Mullein root rollie while doing horse stance , a few years back :lol: Other than the taiji slippers  and shades I am wearing, I would usually not wear this get up.

A friend of mine who was quite the fashionista and was going travelling, had to rid herself of tons of possessions (mostly a staggering amount of clothing ). Whilst digging through the belongings she was gifting to all of the staff at the hotel we worked at, I found some thai fishermen pants that I wanted, and also found this strange oversized silk sash thingamajig..... I ended up folding it into a robe and wore it for the rest of the day while we were  cleaning our staff accommodations together. 

Tofino will always be a dear place to me; the old growth rain forest has such a  magical mystique about it. Would be nice to live a stones throw from the ocean/surf again too!

g.5d054606cf2bf_bigbass.thumb.jpg.93cf14380a292baa5636bee7b2892af0.jpg

Edited by kyoji
grammar :)
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 6/15/2019 at 12:34 PM, kyoji said:

Here is a funny one of me smoking a Sage/Demiana/Mullein root rollie while doing horse stance , a few years back :lol: Other than the taiji slippers  and shades I am wearing, I would usually not wear this get up.

A friend of mine who was quite the fashionista and was going travelling, had to rid herself of tons of possessions (mostly a staggering amount of clothing ). Whilst digging through the belongings she was gifting to all of the staff at the hotel we worked at, I found some thai fishermen pants that I wanted, and also found this strange oversized silk sash thingamajig..... I ended up folding it into a robe and wore it for the rest of the day while we were  cleaning our staff accommodations together. 

Tofino will always be a dear place to me; the old growth rain forest has such a  magical mystique about it. Would be nice to live a stones throw from the ocean/surf again too!

g.5d054606cf2bf_bigbass.thumb.jpg.93cf14380a292baa5636bee7b2892af0.jpg

that is pure awesome!  get em mate!

2 hours ago, Pavel Karavaev said:

Thanks for this photo.
It looks very unusual and incredibly beautiful.
Where is this place?

a friend sent it to me from somewhere close to Fairbanks alaska

• Like 1

This is a truly cool picture -- more like freezing cold -- taken in the coldest inhabited area on Earth.  Snow Queen, the author of the photo (Alexander Khimushin, a native of the same area) called it.  It's a portrait of a young Indigenous Evenki woman from Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) in Siberia.

Evenki People are reindeer herders spread out all over vast lands of Northern Siberia. Their villages are often located thousands of miles from each other.  They are sometimes called "Aristocrats of Siberia" for their beautiful traditional clothing. 

68556255_2540762212622458_290295873168998400_n.jpg

• Like 5