joeblast

The Cool Picture Thread

Just now, Nungali said:

:D    for a moment there I thought  ......  he was wearing a catskin hat  .   :D

:lol: he is, it's the deluxe hat... fully sentient and self adjusting.

• Like 1

:(    a great pic ......  guy tried to 'Christen'  a monument with a bottle of champagne  and decides to throw the bottle at it,  it turns, hits cork first, cork ejects and now the bottle is a rocket propelled by foam .... straight back at him and gets him in the ......   'Maritas Gambolas'  . 

On 5/14/2018 at 6:34 PM, Nungali said:

Well, if that cat is alive ... what keeps the cats head warm .... thats so cruel  for cats  ....   wait up ,  this ? 

e0b39c8fe90fc1911477845e46d35fc3.jpg

Cruel    .... for cats .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ2cEc_TCH8

only the cleverest mouse would think to hide on top of a cat's head. only the wisest cat would think to look there.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, zerostao said:

only the cleverest mouse would think to hide on top of a cat's head. only the wisest cat would think to look there.

There is a saying in hebrew

The wise man dont get in

In what the clever manage 

To get out

1 hour ago, zerostao said:

In the chinese novel

journey to the west

The monky is clever

The buddha is wise

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Does anyone know who is depicted in the statue above?

Shennong.

• Like 2

Interesting, Stosh, synchronized posting.  When I started this post yours wasn't there yet.

Shen Nong, the Divine Farmer

shen-nong-statue-1.jpg

At this time, so the legend goes, there were a great many people in China and simply not enough food. They ate everything they could find – plants, fruit, shellfish and insects, apparently – but this was a sorry state of affairs and life was very harsh. Shen Nong taught the people to plough fields, identify different fruit and seed-bearing crops, and sow and harvest them. One day, during his teaching, sand-coloured clouds appeared in the sky and released a sudden downpour of seeds. When the clouds had passed, Shen Nong collected the seeds and carefully sowed them. A few months later, diverse and valuable crops covered the land. One of them was cannabis; the others were soy, wheat, broomcorn, and foxtail millet.

https://sensiseeds.com/en/blog/cannabis-seeds-divine-source-shen-nong-five-sacred-grains/

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I wish this baby praying mantis would let me take a picture of 'im!  Not even half an inch long!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joeblast said:

I wish this baby praying mantis would let me take a picture of 'im!  Not even half an inch long!

:wub:

We usually encounter a few Mantis in the Bonsai/Jade Garden at the Huntington here.  They are incredible to watch and hang out with!

My son starts Southern Mantis this Summer.  Life is good.

p.s.  get that pic!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marblehead said:

So many stars!  So many choices!

Ya, and check out the little magnifying glass with the plus sign in it.

• Like 1