joeblast

The Cool Picture Thread

fresh calving! That always looks so cool how blue it is before the sun bleaches it white ;)

blueberg_DSC430108-16-27-1.jpg

here's one my cousin took, featured in a book he and my aunt did called glaciers of southest alaska...I managed to kahn him into giving me a few pics before I left there last time, he is usually pretty anal about his images :lol:

http://www.alaskabooksandcalendars.com/books/nature-pictorials.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=60&category_id=6

Glaciers_of_Sout_4b1561ad9314b.jpg

^ img taken hanging out of a small plane :lol:

• Like 1

Supercool. :) How deep is that water?

not very deep. there are many spots like this one can find and use in solitude.

there are also many other natural scenic spots where you can run into other folks at.

thats a very cool waterfall. I watched priest doing misogi under high waterfall.

They stay under for hours sometimes and it start tumo. Great way to break up adhesions too get the internal water flowing. I was told one there are 15 quarts of water flow through the ganges every day and that was information based on condition of the average human who brain is all dried up by 30

I wonder how much water flows through in when the flood gates disapear?

Edited by torus693

this one you will have about a 70% of meeting up with a handfull of other folks during the summer.

110118_6_MG_3132.jpg

Largest peaceful gatherings

the simple garb of a monk, more than 30,000 men spread out across the plaza in front of Dhammakaya's Cetiya temple, as a lengthy ordination ceremony approaches its climax. The men will soon take their vows and then don the saffron robe that signifies their acceptance into the monkhood. Afterward, they will be assigned roles in temples across Thailand, where they will follow the sacred Buddhist precepts.

My link110118_9_LDUDhamma011-copy.jpg110118_11_MG_3933.jpg110118_14_LDUDhamma02-copy.jpg110118_16_LDUDhamma07-copy.jpg110118_18_LDUDhamma010-copy.jpg110118_20_MG_3698.jpg

110118_22_MG_7276a.jpg

Edited by torus693
  • Like 3

Guess what THIS is! ..... ;-)

Looks like the sun is directly behind the photographer ;)