voidisyinyang

Internet Telepathy

Vaj -- real yoga telepathy is an advanced stage which just HAPPENS ON ITS OWN -- there's no "contemplation" or inner mantra repetition, etc. -- it's BEYOND those stages.

Vaj -- have you trained in the microcosmic orbit or small universe? I know you can not sit in full-lotus but at least you could do the "small heavenly orbit" training....

Of course you're too busy posting online, having a girlfriend, drinking beer, and doing e-bay for work.

Still New York City is not exactly conducive to real meditation yet it is full of TRENDY mind yoga hang-outs. I'm sure you fit in well.

Minnesota has the largest Tibetan refugee population and now a real monastery as well -- try a few winters in Minnesota -- perfect meditation climate. Chunyi Lin calls Minnesota

"the Tibet of the U.S."

He's made jokes about me from information gleaned using telepathy! haha.

I had real telepathy for just a couple days when I was finishing my 7 day bigu fast (just half glass of water!). But as Master Nan, Huai-chin states the modern practitioner falls back into worldliness due to heroic overexuberance.

Edited by drewhempel

Vaj -- real yoga telepathy is an advanced stage which just HAPPENS ON ITS OWN -- there's no "contemplation" or inner mantra repetition, etc. -- it's BEYOND those stages.

Vaj -- have you trained in the microcosmic orbit or small universe? I know you can not sit in full-lotus but at least you could do the "small heavenly orbit" training....

Of course you're too busy posting online, having a girlfriend, drinking beer, and doing e-bay for work.

Still New York City is not exactly conducive to real meditation yet it is full of TRENDY mind yoga hang-outs. I'm sure you fit in well.

Minnesota has the largest Tibetan refugee population and now a real monastery as well -- try a few winters in Minnesota -- perfect meditation climate. Chunyi Lin calls Minnesota

"the Tibet of the U.S."

He's made jokes about me from information gleaned using telepathy! haha.

I had real telepathy for just a couple days when I was finishing my 7 day bigu fast (just half glass of water!). But as Master Nan, Huai-chin states the modern practitioner falls back into worldliness due to heroic overexuberance.

You Guys Ha Ha Ha. I wish i could sit at home on ebay all day drinking beer lol.

Peace

Still New York City is not exactly conducive to real meditation yet it is full of TRENDY mind yoga hang-outs.

Anyone can meditate in a cave. If you can do it in NYC, you can do it anywhere.

Haha Drew believe me you are still in diapers.

• Like 1

...I know you can not sit in full-lotus but at least you could do the "small heavenly orbit" training....

4:28.

2:09

Do you practice full-lotus 24/7?

Mantra is a constant pulsation in the heart once it really incorporates into the mind stream into the sub and unconsious when they start to be illumined by the light of deepening awareness. It becomes light in dreams and repeats in layers at an uncanny speed and takes one places and brings great beings to you while you sleep. Yoga telepathy is not considered an advanced stage because it's still dualistic, there are deeper levels of reading. It can be utilized as a tool, where one can transfer energy and do mind pointing if you are a great Master and have students. My teacher gives transmission to a global audience and we get "it"... so this is a very high type of interconnectivity. I can't say exactly how he does it, probably with the help of lineage, but his intention during transmission is felt world wide.

I still find that what you are talking about I went through and I think it's a distraction from really going deeper.

I have my own Dzogchen practices, thank you though.

The Buddha clearly believed mantras and other absorptions are dead-ends concerning enlightenment. Many sages believed similarly. One Daoist said the Heart is the only organ that must be empty to be filled.

Mantras are certainly a fast track to quieting the mind, but is this silenced owed to burying the mind under mantra rather than letting the mind settle into stillness?

Not criticizing, just asking.

(looking over this thread, perhaps I should make this into a separate topic later)

The Buddha clearly believed mantras and other absorptions are dead-ends concerning enlightenment. Many sages believed similarly. One Daoist said the Heart is the only organ that must be empty to be filled.

Mantras are certainly a fast track to quieting the mind, but is this silenced owed to burying the mind under mantra rather than letting the mind settle into stillness?

Not criticizing, just asking.

(looking over this thread, perhaps I should make this into a separate topic later)

Please show me where he say's they are a dead end.

The sound dissolves into an awareness of pulsation and peace. They lead to stages of Jhana which helps with integrating vipassana on subtler levels of awareness. If he felt absorptions were dead ends, he wouldn't have taught samatha.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Chunyi Lin did full-lotus 24/7 for a full month -- no food, no water, no sleep!

The more full-lotus you do the less food, water and sleep is needed. So I even tried in a monastery recently and was told that full-lotus and fasting IS NOT BUDDHISM. Of course if I try at home my parents and family think I'm hallucinating and require I eat at dinner, etc. Finally there has to be no need for other physical exercise -- like biking to work, or physical labor, etc. which means you can't earn money!

So it is a fine balance -- the older dude mentioning that straight back indicates mindfulness is a very important comment on the mind-body connection. Full-lotus will create mindfulness on its own when you take in all the other considerations I've mentioned which deal with emotions, nutrition and environment (location), etc.

The older monk also said that chatting should be next to nothing (which includes EVERYONE posting on Taobums) and watching t.v. (youtube videos!). The monk I just stayed with watched t.v. and wanted to chat with me, etc. Even more than my dad! haha.

So if I was really serious I would not post online, I would not work, I would be in a monastery that allows full-lotus and fasting. Where Chunyi Lin did his 1 month full-lotus meditation -- it costs some $3000 for a month, the Taoist Master Zhang in Lao Tzu's mountain. And that doesn't include cave meditation which would have to be a special exception -- not sure if any Westerners have done that there.

4:28.

2:09

Do you practice full-lotus 24/7?

Please show me where he say's they are a dead end.

The sound dissolves into an awareness of pulsation and peace. They lead to stages of Jhana which helps with integrating vipassana on subtler levels of awareness. If he felt absorptions were dead ends, he wouldn't have taught samatha.

Samatha is a tool to calm the mind. It has nothing to do with realizing impermanence, suffering, or the non-self.

Admittedly you need concentration to practice insight, and as such samatha is a bridge to vipassana. But absorptions alone are a dead end. Buddha sought many meditation masters who practiced samatha and found none enlightened. That's why he invented vipassana.

Now my real question though is are all samatha equal? Is using the breath to calm the mind the same as mantra, counting, or countless other absorptions? Or is there a difference? Using the breath concentrates on a natural sensation. Using mantra concentrates on a construction of the human mind. Are these really the same foundation for vipassana?

Edit: I'm not a Buddhist scholar, but I'm interested. From my limited readings, I have yet to find a passage from the early tradition where Buddha endorses mantra meditation. Many passages mention using the breath. I am aware both Mahayana and Tibetan traditions use absorptions, especially mantra. But how am I to know that these aren't simply the additions of a growing religious establishment?

Edited by 松永道

Samatha is a tool to calm the mind. It has nothing to do with realizing impermanence, suffering, or the non-self.

I agree.

Admittedly you need concentration to practice insight, and as such samatha is a bridge to vipassana. But absorptions alone are a dead end. Buddha sought many meditation masters who practiced samatha and found none enlightened. That's why he invented vipassana.

Yeup, he also invented many other techniques that take a shorter time to gain insight.

Now my real question though is are all samatha equal? Is using the breath to calm the mind the same as mantra, counting, or countless other absorptions? Or is there a difference? Using the breath concentrates on a natural sensation. Using mantra concentrates on a construction of the human mind. Are these really the same foundation for vipassana?

Secret Mantra Vehicle is a different tenet system. Mantras are not made up by human minds.

Well... I'd go into some more, but I'm going to bed. I'll comment later.

:lol: I suppose you think Theravada are the only true teachings of the Buddha? Well... go ahead with it! :)

Edited by Vajrahridaya

I agree.

Yeup, he also invented many other techniques that take a shorter time to gain insight.

Secret Mantra Vehicle is a different tenet system. Mantras are not made up by human minds.

:lol: I suppose you think Theravada are the only true teachings of the Buddha? Well... go ahead with it! :)

Trust me do not waste your time :) You and I both know Mantras are powerful and they have their place.

Drew can act that because he has fasted for 7 days on a drop of water and the dew from his sweat gland & can sit in lotus pose with flexible knees like he understands the depths of Boddhichitta.

If that was they case i know plenty of starving models & Strippers that would be enlightened.....

Edited by Vajrasattva

I agree.

Wow, quick response. I just added an edit to my previous post.

I am not arguing Mantras aren't powerful. I'm asking what they have to do with enlightenment. And as such, what they have to do with Buddhism?

Daoism speaks of the great way and side-paths. And, just like later Buddhism, many Daoist practices don't really cultivate the great way. Looking at pretty much every religion in the world today one could make the same conclusion. Yes, the tradition is based in enlightenment, but over time it departs off into more and more side-paths.

I'm also not arguing Theravada is the Buddha's only real teachings (in fact, I'm not arguing at all), but I do appreciate that the system is matter of fact and doesn't include practices with the word "Secret" in the title, as it seems to rather contradict the Buddha's intentions.

Please, I'm open to your elaboration.

Notice the "Strawman Argument" form that Vaj continually uses.

"Drew can act that .... [misrepresent what Drew said and set up own fantasy lie]

"If that was the case [which it wasn't but in fact was my own fantasy lie so that I can now disprove my own lie!!]

Ah if reality was so convenient! haha.

Back to HEROES!

Drew can act that because he has fasted for 7 days on a drop of water and the dew from his sweat gland & can sit in lotus pose with flexible knees like he understands the depths of Boddhichitta.

If that was they case i know plenty of starving models & Strippers that would be enlightened.....