idontknowanymore

interacting with mental imagery in meditation, leads to real world manifestations?

I meditated some last night before sleep maybe an hour or two at most, in my mind I vividly saw a candle. All of a sudden it blew out, and then I heard a loud metal PANG of my old heater cutting on. The mental image occurred prior to the external event. As soon as I was able to regain my calm, I went back to that state, I saw another candle and decided to blow it out myself, and I heard a loud CRACK, and my bedroom door opened.

Has anyone had any experience with pre dream state imagery interactions and their correlation to real world events like this?

Edited by idontknowanymore

Yeah there's always loud metallic noises when I sit in full-lotus for a while -- the energy builds up and across the room some metallic frame will pop! or crack! and will do so right away the energy in my body shot out removing a blockage -- the imagery is the subconscious release of blockage or some healing message of higher energy....

When Chunyi Lin gets made the light bulbs in his house explode....

Edited by drewhempel

I meditated some last night before sleep maybe an hour or two at most, in my mind I vividly saw a candle. All of a sudden it blew out, and then I heard a loud metal PANG of my old heater cutting on. The mental image occurred prior to the external event. As soon as I was able to regain my calm, I went back to that state, I saw another candle and decided to blow it out myself, and I heard a loud CRACK, and my bedroom door opened.

Has anyone had any experience with pre dream state imagery interactions and their correlation to real world events like this?

hmm..

is there a difference between 'seeing' and the 'image being seen' ? is there a difference between 'feeling excitement' and 'sound happening out there' ? are not these all just thoughts? just blips in the field radar of awareness? IS THAT NOT SO? :blink:

hmm..

is there a difference between 'seeing' and the 'image being seen' ? is there a difference between 'feeling excitement' and 'sound happening out there' ? are not these all just thoughts? just blips in the field radar of awareness? IS THAT NOT SO? :blink:

Great points you brought up.

Houses are generally always cracking and creaking, and only in meditation time are we finally quiet enough to notice it. That's the best explanation. Another is that energy is affecting it. Another is that spirits are around and making themselves known.

I like visualization practices. Used to hate them and think it was just contrived, but it does impact the energy in good ways, depending on what you do.

hmm..

That is so.. indeed it is! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIAn8AWdRu8

(the nature of appearances in relation to mental arisings)

Houses are generally always cracking and creaking, and only in meditation time are we finally quiet enough to notice it. That's the best explanation. Another is that energy is affecting it. Another is that spirits are around and making themselves known.

I like visualization practices. Used to hate them and think it was just contrived, but it does impact the energy in good ways, depending on what you do.

That is some great points... Well, who knows, but it seems that one can control it, the ego leaping out? Perhaps...