secularfuture

Which Qigong practice is your favorite?

Qigong Practice  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which Qigong practice is your favorite?

• Health Qigong
    • Medical Qigong
    • Spiritual Qigong
    • Martial Arts Qigong
    • Religious Qigong

Obviously, each of these Qigong meditations are important in their own way, but do you have a particular favorite? I especially enjoy the Spiritual Qigong meditations.

Health Qigong exercises lower stress and anxiety levels while raising confidence, stamina and concentration levels. This type of qigong typically involves seated meditations, breathing exercises and gentle movements.

Medical Qigong involves a qualified qigong practitioner using a combination of energy manipulation, herbal remedies, Chinese massage techniques and acupuncture to treat a patient with acute or long-term illness. Medical qigong therapy is often used to help individuals with cancer, post-stroke syndromes, Parkinson's disease and chronic pain conditions.

Spiritual Qigong typically combines seated and moving meditation, mantras, and prayers to pursue spiritual enlightenment. Spiritual qigong exercises lead to tranquility, self-awareness and harmony with nature and oneself.

Martial Arts Qigong focuses on improving physical prowess. Martial artists often use martial qigong exercises to improve speed, power, flexibility, balance and coordination.

Religious Qigong is divided into three smaller categories, which include Confucian, Daoist and Buddhist. Of all the types of qigong, religious qigong is the hardest to practice and attain. Religious qigong exercises were traditionally limited to priests and monks until the early 20th century.

- source

I personally love:"Primordial Qigong" or 'wujigong" which literally means "develops skill for entering the Supreme Mystery".

If you are not familiar with it ,you can read about it at American Taoist Michael Winn's site:

http://www.taichi-enlightenment.com/

I practice this form daily,and it is a a powerful form of Taoist inner alchemy.

I also like and practice Spring Forest healing Qigong

Developed by Qigong Master Chunyi Lin

You can learn it here:

http://springforestqigong.com/try_sfq_ae.htm

AND last but not least all the qigongs from Max Christensen: Kunlun,Maoshan 5 element,The secret of the Golden Flower of Maoshan,etc

Just my humble 2 cents worth!

Chi!

Pretty much health chi kung because that is all that is available (instruction) where I live. There are some tai chi classes, but they are the Taoist tai chi form that plays down the martial aspects in lieu of the health benefits. I do practice kunlun from the book though. That would probably would fit between health and spiritual chi kung.

Real chi kung is a holistic blend of all of them.

This too was my initial reaction.

Or at least, I've pursued qigong with all of these goals in mind.

Real chi kung is a holistic blend of all of them.

I concur ... I couldn't vote because the Qigong I practice is all of the options.

:)

Martial Arts Qigong as I've been practicing them consistantly. I just dabble in the other flavours.

All of the above are one...

True Qigong practice combines mind, body and spirit. The goal of Qigong is to prevent or move stagnated (stuck) qi in the meridians in order to have complete qi flow in the body thus allow you to utilize your qi more efficiently. When you do this you can calm the spirit and it allows the body to live free of disease.

This is achieved by using the Shen (spirit) to guide the Qi (energy) and the Qi to guide the body. When these three are in harmony you achieve Taiji. After you achieve Taiji you will go further and become detached from the process all together and just "do" it. This is returning to Wuji returning to Tao.

This can be Wu Wei Er Wu Bu Wei or Doing nothing and leaving nothing undone. It is all another stage of internal alchemy and self cultivation.

I like Wudang Yang Sheng Qigong, Wudang Shen Dian Qigong as well as Hun Yuan Qigong.

Tao Bless

Obviously, each of these Qigong meditations are important in their own way, but do you have a particular favorite? I especially enjoy the Spiritual Qigong meditations.