Tanemon

A qigong path aimed directly at healing ability?

I'm sure this will seem like a pretty general question, but hopefully it will be less than vague.

I'm interested in developing my ability to heal - heal others and, yes, myself too. Is there a qigong approach that makes this its chief aim? I'm thinking of healing that would actually manifest on the physical (and immediate human energetic) levels.

From talking with people, I know that some people have taken up qigong with fairly specific goals along the lines of martial arts, and that's not my personal interest.

I don't want to stir up controversies or rivalries amongst adherents to different styles of qigong. Rather than evoking responses about "the best" approach, I think I'd rather just hear about what you know to be a good approach - and why you feel it's good.

Thanks.

Edited by Tanemon

Spring Forest Qigong http://springforestqigong.com has lots of testimonies of being healed of cancer, M.S., etc. It's focused on learning to heal others right in the beginning with the philosophy that the more you heal others the more you heal yourself. There's a very brilliant secret to how this works but it's best just to do the exercises which are simple and geared towards anyone practicing. You can find the material free online if you search otherwise you can just get the Level 1 sitting meditation c.d. for $11 or so....

I did some serious healing but the level of healing is based on the level of practice you do, yet the healing starts immediately.

Chunyi Lin, the Spring Forest qigong master, works with the Mayo Clinic getting referrals for their cancer patients, etc. He teaches the Mayo Clinic doctors and he's coauthored a qigong chapter for a Mayo Clinic textbook with a Mayo Clinic Dr. Nisha Manek.

Since the Mayo Clinic is considered the top hospital in the world this is an amazing endorsement for qigong healing.

It's focused on learning to heal others right in the beginning with the philosophy that the more you heal others the more you heal yourself. There's a very brilliant secret to how this works but it's best just to do the exercises which are simple and geared towards anyone practicing.
What's the secret?

Because a lot of the "old schools" believe that healing others does not heal yourself. And in fact, if you lack the requisite skills, could even decrease your own health by draining your own energy or picking up sick qi from your patients. Although, many of the "Newer Age" schools do not subscribe to these beliefs.

http://www.healyourself.com.au/testimonials.html

Vortex I've detailed the secret all the time! haha. Seriously though -- here's SOME of the testimonies for SFQ healing and if you still want to know the secret after watching them -- you can search my previous posts or I'll just repeat myself! haha.

Basically Chunyi Lin states that sickness is just EXTRA energy in the body. Since emotion is the first main cause of blockage and emotion is aligned with each organ's ELECTROCHEMICAL energy -- that's the jing energy. So when we heal others we "remove the blockages" by taking in the sickness and then do the small universe practice to reharmonize the energy -- turn that EXTRA sick energy into love-laser healing energy. Then we use thunder palms to put the healing energy back into the client.

Full-lotus does this automatically as well....

Edited by drewhempel

http://www.healyourself.com.au/testimonials.html

Vortex I've detailed the secret all the time! haha. Seriously though -- here's SOME of the testimonies for SFQ healing and if you still want to know the secret after watching them -- you can search my previous posts or I'll just repeat myself! haha.

Basically Chunyi Lin states that sickness is just EXTRA energy in the body. Since emotion is the first main cause of blockage and emotion is aligned with each organ's ELECTROCHEMICAL energy -- that's the jing energy. So when we heal others we "remove the blockages" by taking in the sickness and then do the small universe practice to reharmonize the energy -- turn that EXTRA sick energy into love-laser healing energy. Then we use thunder palms to put the healing energy back into the client.

Full-lotus does this automatically as well....

Drew, as I understand from some chi kung teachers and on some threads here, one needs to fill dan tien before trying to "force" energy through mind methods. But SFQ teaches no breathing and we start small universe from day one. Is this okay? To start moving the energy as far up as to the head? What though are we moving as the dan tien has not been filled?

Well if you take the SFQ then the qigong masters initiate you by filling up your dan tien. Still the dan tien fills up faster when your energy channels are not as open. Chunyi Lin talks about this -- how the feeling of fullness changes at each stage which is also why Yan Xin teaches not to rely on your feelings. Sometimes you feel nothing because you are at a higher energy level and therefore it takes longer for your channels to fill up -- whereas at the beginning you might feel a lot only because there is low tolerance.

So the intention to heal is really all that is needed along with the basic energy exchange exercises. Healing others is taught in Level II but it can be done in level one as well. Still to open up the third eye you need to build up your internal energy which is a bit different than healing -- I think this is what you are referring to -- "packing the chi" etc.

Because when we heal others it's an open system of chi flowing -- there's the jing flowing in and the chi flowing out -- and so there's no real building up of internal chi for longevity and immortality, etc. When we do the healing it's already on the basis of an open free energy system with the truth of reality being the pure consciousness or emptiness.

Chunyi Lin teaches that the most simple is the most powerful and the simplest is to

"use your consciousness to go into the emptiness."

For me I wondered what is the difference between consciousness and emptiness but this is because the practice is a PROCESS -- it's exactly the same reason people get hung up about advaita vs. buddhism or intention, etc.

The process is asymmetrical -- it's an eternal process that is impersonal.

As Chunyi Lin states, "Just enjoy the energy" and as Jim Nance states, "the energy knows what to do." So in fact just by the nature of the practice the energy guides itself.

It's true that certain techniques are warned against -- like pointing the sword fingers at the heart since both are yin energy so it's like short-circuiting a battery. Also pulling the energy blockage directly out the top of someone's head -- I did this and accidentally pulled an old lady's spirit out of her skull and she bawled immediately. I felt this heavy electrical blob leave her skull and even though she couldn't see me she immediately bawled nonstop for at least 15 minutes.

But as our "consciousness" is also our intention - the energy level of our intention is also the energy level of the pure awareness or emptiness -- so that any "mistake" just goes back into the emptiness where our consciousness is automatically reversed. That's how karma works -- resonance.

So any sickness we take in from others IS the energy that "fills" out dan tien as long as we then send that energy back out as healing energy. The point is to return the energy back into the emptiness -- this is why Chunyi Lin says to visualize the blockages going into smoke and then disappearing.

He said at first before he did that there was the problem of getting rid of the sickness he had taken in from others. But again sickness is EXTRA energy that then is transformed through the complementary opposite tai-chi principles of Taoism (be it standing exercise, sitting, small universe, etc.)

Life-force energy is FEMALE energy -- Mantak Chia talks about this as well. So that's the secret tantric part of this....

http://www.authentic-breathing.com/chi_nei_tsang.htm

That's the belly rub! haha.

Yeah in full-lotus the 3rd Eye picks up the energy blockages of others -- so if someone is sad then the lungs get hot, if they're angry then the liver gets hot, if afraid then the kidneys get hot -- if worried then the pancreas gets hot -- if overexcited then the heart gets hot -- or the sex organs.

Then that imbalance of the other person gets transduced by the full-lotus up into the 3rd eye which then shoots back out to the sick person as love-light energy....

And in fact, if you lack the requisite skills, could even decrease your own health by draining your own energy or picking up sick qi from your patients. Although, many of the "Newer Age" schools do not subscribe to these beliefs.

So true.

I'm sure this will seem like a pretty general question, but hopefully it will be less than vague.

I'm interested in developing my ability to heal - heal others and, yes, myself too. Is there a qigong approach that makes this its chief aim? I'm thinking of healing that would actually manifest on the physical (and immediate human energetic) levels.

From talking with people, I know that some people have taken up qigong with fairly specific goals along the lines of martial arts, and that's not my personal interest.

I don't want to stir up controversies or rivalries amongst adherents to different styles of qigong. Rather than evoking responses about "the best" approach, I think I'd rather just hear about what you know to be a good approach - and why you feel it's good.

Thanks.

Learn pranic healing my friend

Although this thread's title is "A qigong path", I thought I might share a fairly new healing modality that is creating quite a stir in the natural healing community.

It's called "Quantum Entrainment"..............It was developed by Dr. Frank Kinslow.

From the 1st paragraph on page 36 of Dr. Kinslow's book, "The Secret of Instant Healing"

"What is Quantum Entrainment? Quantum Entrainment is a quick and effective scientific method that reduces pain and promotes healing. It creates immediate changes that can be seen and felt in the body. It is reproducible and will stand up to the scientific rigor of pre- and post testing. QE continues to work long after the initial session, gently balancing and eliminating blocks to physical and emotional well being. It enlivens a healing awareness in both the initiator and the receiver of the process. There is generally a feeling of peace and relaxation that accompanies a QE session."

There are some similarities between QE and Matrix Energetics being that they both have the belief that awareness, the field, the force, call it what you will is what does the healing, not the initiator.

By tapping into this field by being a conduit and doing their processes things automatically come into balance whether it's a broken bone or a broken heart.

The less you do and get out of the way the better.

I've just started reading the book and doing the early exercises,............ training wheels if you will before getting to the meat and potatoes!

www.quantumentrainment.com

Dude Dr. Kinslow "stole" the finger growing exercise from Chunyi Lin! haha. I had NEVER heard of this "finger growing exercise" until Chunyi Lin was promoting it around 2000....

http://www.quantumentrainment.com/QE_Grow_Your_Finger.html

Anyway that's hilarious that Kinslow uses the SAME exercise as from http://springforestqigong.com -- which was first -- Doesn't Matter! haha.

http://www.squidoo.com/catqigong#module10196487

finger-growing exercise.

Although this thread's title is "A qigong path", I thought I might share a fairly new healing modality that is creating quite a stir in the natural healing community.

It's called "Quantum Entrainment"..............It was developed by Dr. Frank Kinslow.

From the 1st paragraph on page 36 of Dr. Kinslow's book, "The Secret of Instant Healing"

"What is Quantum Entrainment? Quantum Entrainment is a quick and effective scientific method that reduces pain and promotes healing. It creates immediate changes that can be seen and felt in the body. It is reproducible and will stand up to the scientific rigor of pre- and post testing. QE continues to work long after the initial session, gently balancing and eliminating blocks to physical and emotional well being. It enlivens a healing awareness in both the initiator and the receiver of the process. There is generally a feeling of peace and relaxation that accompanies a QE session."

There are some similarities between QE and Matrix Energetics being that they both have the belief that awareness, the field, the force, call it what you will is what does the healing, not the initiator.

By tapping into this field by being a conduit and doing their processes things automatically come into balance whether it's a broken bone or a broken heart.

The less you do and get out of the way the better.

I've just started reading the book and doing the early exercises,............ training wheels if you will before getting to the meat and potatoes!

www.quantumentrainment.com

Edited by drewhempel

Thanks.

500 hr certification program in medical/clinical qigong - Chinese Qigong Hospital based techniques: www.qigongamerica.com

DUDE...................from reading your various posts, it's kind of obvious that you worship at the altar of Dr. Chunyi Lin....................I was just pointing out a new healing modality and you pop in stating that Dr.Kinslow stole a finger growing technique from Lin.

How do you know where Lin got it from?

Actually, I have to thank you for your post because it made me decide something that I've been contemplating for awhile...................It seems that in the past year, this site has become a place of bickering, pompous know it alls..............."my chi is bigger and better than yours!" and now I'm firmly convinced there are more horses asses in the world than horses.

So I'm leaving Tao Bums and moving to another dimension...................Chow!

Anyway that's hilarious Doesn't Matter! haha.

Sorry for repeating myself but I'm busy listening to Dr. Kinslow's "pure Awareness" lecture.... so far finding it rather silly. haha.

It's over 3 years or so? So how many classes do you have to attend? I'm just comparing it with http://springforestqigong.com teacher certification....

Also his teacher was a high Communist Party official who had to serve hard time for promoting qigong.... serious! Thanks for sharing.

This directed to me?

My teacher was also jailed by the communists for 17 years of torture and little to eat. When the regime changed the party member at the time helped set him up as the principle of a qigong healing hospital. Those guys shure had it rough! We have it SO easy; most do not realize how much.

I was on the certification standards committee for the NQA. I believe both my program and his meet the NQA requirements. Graduates of the programs can apply to the NQA for certification as a clinical qigong therapist. The NQA lists the requirements (haven't actually checked this in a while but should be there). www.nqa.org The NQA certifies teachers as up to level IV which requires a minimum 10 years of teaching experience and proof of program. I am a level IV certified teacher with the NQA and I believe Chunyi Lin is as well.

$400 U.S. for 1 month at the Pune ashram!

http://www.globalpranichealing.com/directo...naging-trustee/

Pranic Healing is TOP NOTCH aswell..

Santi

Michael Lomax -- thanks so much for the warm response.

This directed to me?

My teacher was also jailed by the communists for 17 years of torture and little to eat. When the regime changed the party member at the time helped set him up as the principle of a qigong healing hospital. Those guys shure had it rough! We have it SO easy; most do not realize how much.

I was on the certification standards committee for the NQA. I believe both my program and his meet the NQA requirements. Graduates of the programs can apply to the NQA for certification as a clinical qigong therapist. The NQA lists the requirements (haven't actually checked this in a while but should be there). www.nqa.org The NQA certifies teachers as up to level IV which requires a minimum 10 years of teaching experience and proof of program. I am a level IV certified teacher with the NQA and I believe Chunyi Lin is as well.

Thanks for all the responses and discussion so far. I've been occupied and away from the Web, but will take time to carefully read through the repiles.

;) Thanks again.

Tanemon

This is all very strange. Here is me (or is it "I") joined this forum a couple of days ago and really started to look around. Talk about serendipity. I first checked out the section for those who have healing requests and a number of the stories are pretty wrenching. Next up I am reading this detailed thread which is preoccupied with Spring Forest Qigong. I have the Level-1 set and still cant motivate myself to really do it. I keep thinking how slick the materials and marketing are around this program. Yet I also have materials from an almost unknown site I have followed with interest for a number of years. www.traditionalstudies.org a 501C group who are trying to document the old guys who are dying out and the art will be lost forever. Am not saying that SFQ works or not as I dont really know if it does. Its just that I prefer "Healing without Medicines" series and other bodywork DVD especially the healing arts. The DVDs are dirt cheap in comparision most others out there. They also feature Dr. Xie Pieque who at over 80 could still throw guys around with his Bagua. In short (my opinion only) if you want to learn healing from a tradition whose lineage can be traced way back, thats a good place to start. Least ways not much if any marketing goes on. In fact I found the site by accident (or karma).

Bon Chance :D

Yeah that "traditionalstudies.org" looks cool and "only" 49.99 for the c.d.s! haha. Still you can find the SFQ for FREE as downloads online if you just look for it -- I'm not sure how to do these downloads plus I already worked through the information.

Chunyi Lin teaches that full-lotus is the BEST -- it's the simplest, the most direct -- no teaching needed! Of course most can't sit in full-lotus for as long as they want -- that's why Chunyi Lin does "chi transmissions" in person, on the phone and even through his c.d.s, etc. The small universe is the FOUNDATION for the practice -- and this is the focus of such

"traditional" texts

as "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" trans. by Charles Luk -- there's a google book preview and other excerpts online but I highly recommend that text.

The Level 1 sitting meditation small universe c.d. from http://springforestqigong.com is only $11 or so and that's the BEST small universe practice guide I've come across.

You can also read Mantak Chia's first book "Awaken the Healing Energy of the Tao" to get a modern training experience report for the microcosmic orbit aka the small universe.

THEN you can sit in full-lotus as long as you want once the macrocosmic orbit is open --

HAVE FUN!!!

Yeah that "traditionalstudies.org" looks cool and "only" 49.99 for the c.d.s! haha. Still you can find the SFQ for FREE as downloads online if you just look for it -- I'm not sure how to do these downloads plus I already worked through the information.

Chunyi Lin teaches that full-lotus is the BEST -- it's the simplest, the most direct -- no teaching needed! Of course most can't sit in full-lotus for as long as they want -- that's why Chunyi Lin does "chi transmissions" in person, on the phone and even through his c.d.s, etc. The small universe is the FOUNDATION for the practice -- and this is the focus of such

"traditional" texts

as "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" trans. by Charles Luk -- there's a google book preview and other excerpts online but I highly recommend that text.

The Level 1 sitting meditation small universe c.d. from http://springforestqigong.com is only $11 or so and that's the BEST small universe practice guide I've come across.

You can also read Mantak Chia's first book "Awaken the Healing Energy of the Tao" to get a modern training experience report for the microcosmic orbit aka the small universe.

THEN you can sit in full-lotus as long as you want once the macrocosmic orbit is open --

HAVE FUN!!!

I'm starting to feel ya, man. I think full-lotus is like New York - if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere! :lol:

Seriously, it seems like lotus is the most difficult position to enter deep stillness in (due to the physical strain)...but if you can stand it, also the most conducive (due to the "locked in" stability & upright spinal alignment). So, if you can do it in lotus, doing it in standing or moving is also so much easier! No joke!

Now, one of the keys I recently found out was actively sucking in qi and pumping it down to your legs to neutralize the strain (as you've mentioned before). I started doing this just yesterday, and it has made a huge difference. It's still a struggle, but now instead of feeling your boat sinking from taking on water, you at least have a pail to bucket it out with at the same rate.

Note: I am currently only doing half-lotus right now, not even full yet..

Edited by vortex

Well Chunyi Lin teaches fasting in the Level III the same level he teaches full-lotus. Fasting quickly cleans out the energy channels so that your flexibility and "spiritual" energy kicks for full-lotus fun. Fasting though requires special circumstances cince you have to really focus on meditation and of course going without food is total taboo in our culture, as well as doing long-term meditation (it's LAZY! haha).

So yeah.... getting the chi doing to the lower body happens from the jing going up and the chi going out or down -- the microcosmic orbit happens naturally.

Check this out -- small universe Kriya Yoga style:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1...&plindex=3#