Trunk

Favorite Sexual Energy Massage?

My recent explorations with the sacrum-squeeze (and on up the spine) has resolved some stagnation in my lower tan tien, which has prompted me to review the whole topic of "sexual energy massage". Like the stuff in Chapt 3 of the Bone Marrow Nei Kung book. That is, unaroused massage of any of the lower torso (& genitals, perineum, etc) area for the purpose of keeping good circulation, 'cause retention tends to jam things up. Or even some simple internal work that serves that basic purpose. Like, my "sacrum-squeeze" isn't external massage, but it basically massages a potent jing area: sacrum and spine.

So,

What are your favorite (unaroused) jing massages?

Least favorite?, Are there some that you've tried that did nothing for you?

Are there any that you do regularly?

Did you do some once, three years ago, but none since? :D

What areas do you think tend to jam up the most as a result of retention?

curious and researching,

Trunk

btw, I'm reading Acupressure for Lovers and Bone Marrow Nei Kung (chapt 3). Any other good references?

I'm sold on Yogani's Spinal Breathing. I do it every day and retention (including much non-ejaculatory sex) is just naturally happening. This has led me to believe (and I think you've said this a lot) that 95% of the work needs to be done unaroused and daily. Once you are rock hard and making love it's just basically too late you can only work with what stage you are at. I admit that I have noticed myself getting a little overboard a few times with the predictable "need to fuck 3-4 times a day" retention syndrome. So it's not fail safe, but I'm having much more luck with it than MCO. Could be because I am doing it every day, morning and night like clockwork. But I think part of it is tracing the spinal channel up and down and over and over.

I've played with your sacrum squeeze a few more times. It's a curious technique, I almost feel like I am learning to sign my name with my feet or something. I had a question though (hope it makes sense). Is the squeeze a push or a pull?

Still flipping through Out in The Open. It's really really good.

Sean

What's a jing massage?

Here's a badass drill: put your hand on your partner's jade pillow and the other on the sacrum and just chill out and let the energy flow and harmonize. It's a killer way to exchange energy without it being sexual--good for friends, kids, parents, pets, sheep, etc also good for giving your overworked spouse some time off. :)

Sean, I'm having a similar experience where my sexual energy is starting to get refined without doing any aroused or semi-aroused practices through ayp protocol. A couple of weeks ago Mrs Yoda and I were having sex and I was just on the other side of the point of no return when suddenly the front of my anus contracted and the energy automatically redistributed itself through my body. It was like a visit from the retention fairy! I think some of it is spinal breathing/MCO (I see them as basically the same thing) which I'm doing regularly for the first time but I also think that some (most?) of it is meditating regularly too that helps me pleasure bond with vibrations that aren't sexual. When I meditate, it's like I don't have all my eggs in one basket anymore. Which puts sex in a larger context of affection and bhakti, you brute.

-Yoda

What's a jing massage?

Well, like I said before..

unaroused massage of any of the lower torso (& genitals, perineum, etc) area for the purpose of keeping good circulation, 'cause retention tends to jam things up
Also, in the BMNK book they are noted for releasing sexual hormones into the body. Edited by Trunk

How about laying your hands on the sacrum in question and breathing energy through the holes?

Speaking of hormone release, Master RJ taught sitting in a cold bath is second to none. I just use a handheld shower head on cold water to do the same thing.

Sean,

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I knew that I wanted to have the time and attention to answer adequately.

I'm sold on Yogani's Spinal Breathing. I do it every day and retention (including much non-ejaculatory sex) is just naturally happening.
Nice technique. Thanks for the link.

This has led me to believe (and I think you've said this a lot) that 95% of the work needs to be done unaroused and daily. Once you are rock hard and making love it's just basically too late you can only work with what stage you are at.
Yup.

I admit that I have noticed myself getting a little overboard a few times with the predictable "need to fuck 3-4 times a day" retention syndrome. So it's not fail safe,
If you're younger than ~40, naturally have a vigorous sex drive, and live a modern lifestyle .. its likely that you'll have to work for just "interruptions" of desire. The fact is that you're a young healthy male. You do what you can to keep balanced, so that you can increase the opportunity to soak in the formless desireless states, in Light. Gradually, over a long period of time that connection gains power and the whole process gradually gets easier. Prior to really really profound mastery of this stuff, it might be considered that we're in trouble the whole time. :D

I've played with your sacrum squeeze a few more times. It's a curious technique, I almost feel like I am learning to sign my name with my feet or something. I had a question though (hope it makes sense). Is the squeeze a push or a pull?
Neither, really. More like if you have your hand in a loose fist, squeeze a little, then let up. You're loose fist is like the middle of your ltt at the bottom of the exhale. When I first tried it I wasn't "aiming" for the sacrum. I just exhaled s-l-o-w-l-y in the ltt then gave a little squeeze in the middle (like flexing closed~open a loose fist). Its just that the front and back can get pretty close at the bottom of the exhale, so when I 'aimed' for the middle my squeeze got the sacrum some, probably more the front part of the sacrum than the back of it really.

I was just going for 'the middle' (deep-center experimentation) and had no idea that I'd latch on to the sacrum at that point. The muscles around the sacrum are so rarely deliberately used that there's almost no feeling or reference point for it in the beginning, thus the awkwardness that you're feeling. That's normal.

Jing has so much to do with the production of muscular tension, and much of the jam-up that can occur in the ltt has to do with residual unprocessed tension. Deliberate flexing of muscles helps process that force and restore healthy blood flow. I'm lately appreciating more that its helpful to explore all of the various muscles in the ltt and learn to work them deliberately. Much of this idea is present in such things as pc muscle exercises, learning to work the urogenital daiphram, the unfamiliar finesse needed to get scrotal compression breathing actually down to the scrotum, etc.

Still flipping through Out in The Open. It's really really good.
That book looks like a 'must-have'. Next time I order from Amazon.

Trunk

I will wait for Sean's review of this David Daeida guys sex work in a week or so.

Along with Adyashanti :)

Awesome post Trunk, this is one for the printer. What you said about layers of muscular tension in the LTT really resonated with me. Since I started working with the LTT I've become more and more aware over the last two years how frequently I am clenching down there, kegel muscles, abdomen, psoas ... and internal muscles that I don't even know the names of yet or even exactly how to pinpoint their precise location kinaesthetically. It's like these numb areas in my body that my mind just skips over like "nothing to see here". I can only suspect intuitively that there is tension held there from my memories of rare spontaneous release in those regions. This sacrum squeeze, and your pulsing methods in general are like a more detailed, subtle and sophisticated form of progressive relaxation in a way. I'm encouraged more now by your post to be patient with these "frozen zones" and work with this technique further. Thanks for the details.

Sean

"Stored emotional insulation refers to what happens when areas remain unmoved and fear-reactivity, density and motor amnesia creep in. Muscle atrophies, adipose accumulates, fascia thickens, synovial fluid decreases / cartilage dehydrates, and nerves/sensory organs diminish in strength. It becomes progressively more difficult to move that area - hence the emotional releases which often result from reopening it." Full Article

Got around to trying that!  :)  :)  :)

Really good one.

Going as a link from the spine essay as soon as I get back home.

9965[/snapback]

I am curious Master K... how does this practice fit in for you... I mean: with/compared to the Micro Orbit... your thoughts on opening the front channel... etc., your sacral squeeze (yogani mentions that at the beginning stages it is not that important if one raises energy through the spine while exhaling or inhaling but that if you proceed it will show that the process he advises to take -inhale is raising up, exhaling back down the spine- shows itself to be the path to take)... further: what about your thoughts that the channel is the spine itself with the bones & bone marrow... etc.

curious to hear

always learning from you

Harry

how does this practice fit in for you... I mean: with/compared to the Micro Orbit... your thoughts on opening the front channel... etc., your sacral squeeze ... further: what about your thoughts that the (central?) channel is the spine itself with the bones & bone marrow...

I'm currently of the opinion that the spine and central channel (and their details) are two Fundamentals of cultivation. I don't experience them as one and the same, or necesarily in the same location: the spine is very physical, the central channel is in a subtle layer.

Also, that having some physical practice (like sacrum-squeeze, and whatever other spine exercise/s) and having some meditation (like the spinal breathing) are very complementary.

I'm so very typed out.

Taking some time away from the boards..

Happy holidays.

cheers,

Trunk

What are your favorite (unaroused) jing massages?

Pasted from #5099, I've been getting a lot out of this:

Here's a simple way to massage the testicles, one at a time.

The idea is to take a testicle in between the thumb and fingertips of one hand, and rhythmically squeeze it gently at approx the rate of your heart-beat (approx 1-2 squeezes / second). No need to get exact about tempo, approx is fine. Best to stabilize the testicle with the other hand.

As far as pressure, you want to squeeze so that you feel the pressure goes to the center of the testicle, but not so hard as to cause pain.

After you do it a little while, you might feel a pulsing in your testicles. Stop then, mission accomplished. Even if no pulsing, only need to do this no longer than 30 seconds.

This should relieve the cramping, and is healthy in general.

Also helpful is massaging the ducts and epidydimus, methods found in the Bone Marrow Nei Kung book.

Yipes. I just double-quoted myself. :blink:

My favorite Sexual Message (other using wife unit) is listening to the Sexual Energy Guided Meditation on Minke's Tao Basics CD. Its about 16 minutes. First 10 minutes moves smiling energy from head to sexual center and packs, then perieneum and packs, including a rather long breath retention. It does this several times.

Then moves energy up and down the orbit. Then visualizes god and goddess making love above(ala Yudelove) and moves that energy around the orbit. Then smoothes things out.

MIchael

Been working with several massage approaches since my initial post on this thread:

sexual energy massage: major glands, ducts, and sperm palace.

distal acupresure points: massage of several major acupresure pts on the forearms, hands, lower legs, feet. Oh, also along under the clavicle, and adjacent to the sternum between the ribs. This has made a big difference for me.

hitting: sustained sessions of self-hitting the abdomen.

Essays in the works.

Edited by Trunk

Started bare-bones web pages on massage, here.

Almost nothing written, but many of the pictures are self-explanatory. I've been getting a ton out of the "distal massage" work (see the page), if anyone wants to try & see/feedback how it feels, have-at-it.

--- later edit ---

Added some external article links about the acupoints that I graphic'd on the Distal Acupressure page. Whew!, I knew it was way beyond me to describe that stuff. :huh: Thanks to the web. :D

Edited by Trunk

Started bare-bones web pages on massage, here.

Almost nothing written, but many of the pictures are self-explanatory.

The page on the MA roller is the most I've seen about that type of device. I initally recommended the chi roller to someone on the board a while back. Since you dont have a link on where to purchase the MA roller, that one may be handy. Also, at $20 the chi roller is probably less expensive. BTW: I am not assiociated with the chi roller in any way shape or form, just a happy user.

I initally recommended the chi roller to someone on the board a while back. Since you dont have a link on where to purchase the MA roller,

It looks like they're not shipping due to "manufacturing difficulties". I'll leave the page with no specific reference to product-source; let people find it where ever. I got mine at the local bodywork shop.

I put an acknowledgement to you on the page; thanks for turning us on to this back roller thing. Really great tool.

I've been working on my distal acupressure massage essay a fair part of today. There's still significant verifications / possible corrections / additions I need to do, but the research has been pretty exciting. I've sort of been doing it bass-ackwards, in that I've been working the points for some weeks (a month +?) based on recommendations (some recent, some over the years), and have been amazed-happy with the results. Now that I've been doing the research for the essay, I'm getting an extra thrill - cause some of it is so cool.

1. The basic intro

2. The "Four Gates" (LI-4 and Liv-3 on both hands, feet). See info and links near bottom of essay.

Anyway, like I said, there's still significant work (maybe corrections) to do - but the work today has been fascinating. And in practice has paid off hugely for me.

I've been working on my distal acupressure massage essay a fair part of today. There's still significant verifications / possible corrections / additions I need to do, but the research has been pretty exciting. I've sort of been doing it bass-ackwards, in that I've been working the points for some weeks (a month +?) based on recommendations (some recent, some over the years), and have been amazed-happy with the results. Now that I've been doing the research for the essay, I'm getting an extra thrill - cause some of it is so cool.

1. The basic intro

2. The "Four Gates" (LI-4 and Liv-3 on both hands, feet). See info and links near bottom of essay.

Anyway, like I said, there's still significant work (maybe corrections) to do - but the work today has been fascinating. And in practice has paid off hugely for me.

Hi Trunk, can you elaborate a little on what specific effects you are noticing from it?

Thanks,

T

can you elaborate a little on what specific effects you are noticing from it?

Nope. Put plenty into it for now: I'm in rest-from-writing-and-take-care-of-other-things mode.

However, if you have editorial comments about the essay/s, state your case and it could help when I'm ready to take another swing at them. The set of essays has a ways to go yet.

Wow, I was going to post a question about feeling "congested" in the sacral region, but now I don't need to! I will just read all the posts and try some of the excercises. Great site, thanks!

Edited by hajii

Last week I picked up an audio CD from Gay Hendricks called Sexual Ecstacy($16.95). I like it, its not all that sexual in fact.

For example what it called Chakra balancing seemed more like emotional Body Armor work. It didn't work or talk about the chakras per se, but had you tighten 'emotional' areas (belly, heart, throat &head) remember an emotiona event that focused there, breath out, keep the breath out as long as possible, then breath in w/ conscious relaxing.

Maybe it was something I ate, but it was the only breathing exercise that ever made me throw up, each time. Or it could be a symptom or release for a stoic personality. Hmmn.

The sexual element was lying on your back w/ knees bent, feet flat. You make a small rolling motion from the small of your back to your sacrum. You keep it rounded, link it to your breathing so its slow, w/ a sound of Aahhh as you roll back.

After a while you delink it from your breath and play around w/ different rhthyms and sounds. He says that small motion is at the heart of orgasm. Much of the tape is to become consciously aware of it, how it links to your breath. To play around w/ it.

He also has mentions how that small motion is hijacked by emotional body trauma, and how emotional trauma effects the muscle memory and rthym.

It may be coincidence, and its not the expected result, but I've been feeling much less sexual lately. Its like a constant hunger is gone. Its nice.

Michael

Last week I picked up an audio CD from Gay Hendricks called Sexual Ecstacy($16.95). I like it, its not all that sexual in fact.

I looked for the title and couldn't find it.. maybe you mis-named it?

Here's all the things at Amazon by Gay Hendricks,

and here's The Hendrick's Institute.

Would you dbl-check which item it is, maybe provide a link to it?

(Obviously I'm interested by your results. .. not the throwing-up part.)