RyanO

Primordial Qigong

Hello Bums!

For my first post I would like to bring up the topic of Primordial Qigong, specifically as taught by Michael Winn: http://www.taichi-enlightenment.com/ Anyone practice this? How do you like it? How does it relate to alchemy? Any perceived benefits?

I am actually attending his workshop this weekend in Asheville as I stated in my lobby intro. Will it be easy for me to learn over a weekend without previous exposure?

I am sure I will learn what I want to know at the workshop. For now, I am just curious if anyone practices it and what they think of it.

I am attracted to it for various reasons. From what I've read it has a ritualistic/ ceremonial aspect. I've done a little research into Western alchemy, and a lot of magickians practice the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram regularly for protection and aura cleansing. A key component of this is the ritualistic intent. It seems like some Qigong forms lack this aspect. While I know its not directly comparable, does it make sense to view Primordial Qigong as the Taoist equilavent of the LBRP?

Additionally, from what I've read about PQ, it seems to have the same relation to alchemy as the Inner Smile (in that it cultivates yuan chi). So does it make sense to view it as the Qigong manifestation of the Inner Smile?

Also, anyone practice a difference but similar form?

Again, I'm sure I will learn all I need this weekend, but I'm curious to see what you bums have to say.

Peace!

-Ryan

Hi Ryan,

I like the form - I learnt it from Winn's DVD. Use the search function - there is another thread talking about this form it's worth checking out.

Yes it's somewhat similar to the LBRP (or the GreaterBRP rather)... but it goes further... In western spiritual systems it's important to have static, separate individual parts, in taoist spirituality it's important to cycles and flows... This form combines the two neatly.

Some things I've been considering and would appreciate other's insights on -

Time - seems to have a lot to do with time and cycles.

Inside/outside - are we absorbing macrocosm into microcosm with this form?

Ryan I love this form and have practiced it daily since Feb. 2009.I feel it is a very powerful and effective qigong form,that speaks to me more directly than any other.I learned it from the instructional DVD,and have been in contact with Michael Winn himself...he is a cool guy with much knowledge.

As a result of my practicing this form I find I have made some great progress internally ,opening up my energy pathways even more ,become VERY grounded,made some interesting spiritual advances and it had also helped me with my gong fu! Interested in Inner Alchemy advancement? THIS is the form!Just my humble opinion!

Been using it most days for a good year and a half, learnt it from the DVDs. It's a great form, a lot of subtlety to it, i feel it's going deeper and deeper... knowledge of the I-Ching and five elements really helps a lot to go deeper.

I'd be interested in your report of the weekend, I'm interested in doing the course at some point (for teaching interest), but to be honest after watching his DVDs i'm really not so sold on his teaching style, but that could be influenced by the quality of the product, which is a bit slapped together.

Enjoy!

Bought the dvd and practiced for a few months, a year or so ago. I was'nt that impressed, As it did'nt seem to do much for me. However, after reading some of these comments, I feel compelled to maybe give it another try. Any one have suggestions as to how I may grasp, what everyone else seems to be getting with this form, but Iam somehow misssin

Bu

Bought the dvd and practiced for a few months, a year or so ago. I was'nt that impressed, As it did'nt seem to do much for me. However, after reading some of these comments, I feel compelled to maybe give it another try. Any one have suggestions as to how I may grasp, what everyone else seems to be getting with this form, but Iam somehow misssin

Bu

Do not think of it as a tai chi or martial set. The energy is very subtle. Try it like a ritual. For me, I feel alot of energy in my heart, central channel and third eye when I do the set...

I'm in my 40's now...I think that if I had tried the set 10 years earlier, i might have missed the feel of it.

Do not think of it as a tai chi or martial set. The energy is very subtle. Try it like a ritual. For me, I feel alot of energy in my heart, central channel and third eye when I do the set...

I'm in my 40's now...I think that if I had tried the set 10 years earlier, i might have missed the feel of it.

Is it this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaNpVB-wb88

Opening moves - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjpfhzcVB4U

Yes. those videos do not contain the whole set, though. His version is a little different than Winn's, so it's nice to see alternate techniques.

Are you practicing Michael Winn's version, or you have a version of your own combining from your other practices? I ask because I saw that you are teaching it. Thanks for the recomendation.

Do not think of it as a tai chi or martial set. The energy is very subtle. Try it like a ritual.

Agreed - it's connecting and communicating with the chi field at a different level than most qi gong forms do. Sit still afterwards and you'll feel the effects. Subtle and very deep.

Agreed - it's connecting and communicating with the chi field at a different level than most qi gong forms do. Sit still afterwards and you'll feel the effects. Subtle and very deep.

Sounds good, I''ll definately give it a second look. I like what Winn says, "Most taichi forms go from wu chi to tai chi. But this form goes from tai chi to wuchi". I guess that's why some call it Wuji Gong.

Bu

Are you practicing Michael Winn's version, or you have a version of your own combining from your other practices? I ask because I saw that you are teaching it. Thanks for the recomendation.

Mostly Winn's version. I have made tiny alterations based on what the energy tells me. But it is basically Winn's version...

Mostly Winn's version. I have made tiny alterations based on what the energy tells me. But it is basically Winn's version...

What alterations?

It should be noted that there are other types of qigong called Wu Ji Gong or primordial qigong. They are not all the same. They may be the same in that they seek to reconnect the practitioner to "Wu Ji" but the actual practice may be different. The form that Winn teaches is a very specific moving form that is said to have been created or discovered by Zhang Sang Feng. So, be sure which version you get....

Note: I am not making any value judgements on other types, just making a distinction....

Wonder why they keep altering forms.same teacher,each his own way.,WISH THEY WOULD TEACH IT THE WAY ZHU HUI DID.rubbo seems very close though

• Like 1