Sign in to follow this  
enouch

SLEEP...WHO NEEDS IT?

Enouch! You have some awesome threads here on Tao Bums! Thank you for posting such golden nuggets. When I started running/meditating I needed around 6 1/2 hours of sleep in order to feel refreshed. I recently started implementing Yoga and Running, will see what happens. My goal is to sleep 6 hours. Thanks again!

I usually get in an hour or two of meditation at night - doing longevity breathing, embryonic breathing, it supplants small amounts of sleep quite well. i.e. last year, somethin like that I had a show to play for a band of mine and I drove back from vacation 7 hours straight only stopping to fuel just so I could race there on time...I looked like hell when I got there, so I found a couch at the place and sat for 20 minutes doing embryonic breathing - I popped up when I was done ready to get behind the drums, buddy of mine goes "holy shit, if I didnt see you come walking in here looking like you did 20 minutes ago I totally wouldnt have believed you were that tired that short of a time ago!"

Seems to be that when you're in decent practice you can sit down, focus your awareness appropriately, and get some good benefits.

If your practice every day and eventually your mind becomes still during the walking hours, your sleep time should be naturally reduced. I like sleeping but normally 4-6 hours is enough, and that would be 2-3 hours of deep sleep and the rest being a meditative state where you're conscious and just observe the sleep/dream state.

If your practice every day and eventually your mind becomes still during the walking hours, your sleep time should be naturally reduced. I like sleeping but normally 4-6 hours is enough, and that would be 2-3 hours of deep sleep and the rest being a meditative state where you're conscious and just observe the sleep/dream state.

The whole observation is amazing! It's like you are an observer in another world! Maybe that is why sometimes you continue sleeping, because you do not want to snap out of something amazing that you are experiencing.

I need sleep and rest. If i dont' have enough of either my practice suffers. Qi becomes hotter, not soft and weaker.A couple of good nights sleep to catch up, my qi is stronger, smoother, is fuller with a wider spectrum and i feel HAPPY!

Everythings easy when you're rested, everythings an effort when you're tired.

If i run without good sleep it's a struggle. When i run after good sleep it's like running down hill, just one leg infront of the other, so easy :)

Sign in to follow this