Sign in to follow this  
hummingbird

qigong & paraplegics

Hi

I've just joined this great site & very keen to share & swop experiences.

I've been teaching qigong for several years & have lately felt an urge to teach qiogng to paraplegics as I feel the benefits could be huge in terms of energy movement and emotional well-being.

I live in South Africa where 99.99% of people have never heard of qigong and qigong masters are non-existant. My searches for info/papers on the subject on the internet have not unearthed anything very juicy.

So I was wondering if anyone out there has experience in this area or knows of any literature/papers on the subject.

i have quite a good idea of how/what I would teach but I guess I'm keen to find out as much as possible before hand. i.e. the effects that doing qigong has on paraplegics (not through emitted qi but through self practice - breathing & simple arm movements, visualising & directing qi by the paraplegic)

thanks

hummingbird

Ya know I have.. There was a master in taiwan that was said to cure Alll types of bones problems.. He actually started out as a paraplegic.. Thing is he was healed by his master then learned under him.. All I've heard is that hes in the US.. Takes about 4/5 patients max a day.. Its extremely painful qi gong.. But efficient.

I'd suspect he's hard to track but I plan to find him myself. I don't think it'll be very easy to stay out the spotlight either.. So Good luck my friend..

Sign in to follow this