DanC

Simple Practices

Can everybody suggest the most simple yet beneficial practices they have come across wether it be Chi Kung or Yoga. Im a big fan of simple effective cultivation techniques, I also hate anything that requires visualizations..

Daniel

zhan zhuang , sitting meditation , stretching and any kind of movement practice whether sport, dance or martial art. combine them in any amount comfortable to you.

I've said this before but Tao Yin. It's lying down/sitting type of qigong. Easy as it gets, since there's no issues of finding the correct standing position, for which (as I've understood from this forum) a teacher is probably a must.

edit: sorry, Tao Yin does include visualisations though you can probably benefit from the exercises and stretches without it.

Pranayama breathing is another very simple thing.

Edited by King Kabalabhati

Eight Pieces of Brocade

That's how I got into qigong seriously after dabbling for years without any consistent practice. For me at least, doing something with at least some motion to it, and gradually becoming accustomed to focusing and moving qi internally was what I needed. I had tried standing before, but having no teacher at the time and only one book, I didn't quite know what I was feeling for.

The other thing is, I think that Eight Pieces of Brocade saves some time. It is stretching and meditation all in one, especially the sitting set, whereas with other practices I feel like there is more need to stretch and warm up.

Following the breath with your attention.

- single object concentration to assist in stilling the mind

- breathing comfortably top to bottom for duration, + stabalization of attention = leads to a whole bunch o' good stuff

- you've always got it with you :D

Following the breath with your attention.

- single object concentration to assist in stilling the mind

- breathing comfortably top to bottom for duration, + stabalization of attention = leads to a whole bunch o' good stuff

- you've always got it with you :D

This.

My first thought was zhan zhuang, but I have to agree with Trunk. Following the breath has life changing potential.