RyanO

Longtime lurker finally joins!

Hello fellow tao bums!

Longtime lurker here (sporadically for a couple years), never got around to joining. But here I am!

As far as I'm concerned the subject matter here is about the coolest stuff on earth, and it's a shame I haven't had much success talking about this stuff with people in 'real life.' I guess most folks just don't get it. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who's crazy :lol:

Most of my background has been in Yoga and Buddhism (read Autobiography of a Yogi a teenager, learned TM about 7 years ago, studied Buddhism in college), but have recently 'discovered' Taoism. I like it for its honesty/direct approach to duality. Nondualistic philosophies seem contradictory to me, and IMO end up being dualistic in practice. Working with dualism, however, seems to cultivate unity. Paradox much?

Another important aspect of my path was encountering the rampant hypocrisy of Hindu gurus in the west. It made me question the validity of spiritual teachings, the place of morality, etc. In my experience Taoism has a more honest approach to sexuality.

There's a lot more I could say but I'll leave it at that. But before I go, I plan on going to Michael Winn's workshops this fall, starting with Primordial Qigong this weekend. Anyone else?

-Ryan