Sign in to follow this  
BigJonMud

To be at one, or not at one- this is my question

Hi guys,

I'm still at odds with the idea of Psychic self defense.

At 16 yr old I was 'banishing' of a sort, everyday.. and over the years, I fear it actually re-inforced ideas of separateness, and presupposed some kind need to be separate.. or even that I was better than others, or my energy more important or 'higher' or something.

Ultimately, as we all appear to be parts of a larger whole- it seems unnecessary to me to defend myself, from myself. Yet, I still perceive a reality that works so much more easily in my favour (regarding health, vitality and overall capability) when im performing some regular banishing, or middle pillar.. or inner smile.. or Golden bubble or whatever.

Maybe someone could throw me a suggestion..

I'm spending many, many hours each day in 'Samadhi'.. in some particular 'no mind' that is peculiar to a certain form of life coaching iv been trained in. It requires sometimes many hours of remaining completely empty.. and as the 'feedback loop' for the other.. I simply ask the right questions at the right times.. and I exist (in some way) as the conduit, or reflection to the delegate revealing their very own 'truth'.

So, even as im helping others to navigate the very particular structure of mind that they have here-to-now formed.. and we all see how arbitrary and 'not-self' most of a person problem conditions actually are (eg. illness and emotions are usually traced back to early childhood when someone 'projected' that shit into us)

i'm still seeming to suffer some side effects of depleted energy..

or 'taking on' others symptoms..

and the funny thing, is that this all seems to be part of the trip. That, the subtlety of the facilitation usually has everyone (with open eyes and minds) to 'see' the literal truth of our interconnectness.. of causes and conditions stretching back from now until forever into the only moment moment that ever existed..

but still I exit these interactions feeling down, depressed or less than I was.

I suppose im right inbetween knowing that psy selfdefense is not necessary, but that it is also the only sensible thing to do. Time and again, im using this technology for myself, and what emerges for me is stuff to do with trees.. how they stand.. extend.. give selflessly..

Yet something is not quite clicking.

To paraphrase- summarise:

Im gettting the one-ness. I deeply understand the interconnectedness of all things, and am able to heal myself from notself very easily..

and then it all just becomes oneself. Is this known as God-realization? Enlightenment?

But, then if I dont choose my own brand of separateness- maintaining the one-ness consciousness seems impossible- cos im at the whims of the muggle minds around me. I still relate to friends family and associates, and all their thoughts and energies- and even as they are ultimately 'me', they still keep me from me.

Or at least, from continuing my healthiest, most vital and ever present mind in body

Does this ring a bell for anyone else? Any advice or opinions on this?

many thanks

BJM

Good questions.....

Togetherness.... separateness.....

Aren't those both still dualities made by the human mind to understand an unknowable concept that transcends both? :P

Is this known as God-realization? Enlightenment?

No. Maintaining a state of oneness is not enlightenment/realization.

Yes.. kind of..

indescribable.. unspeakable..

But hardly UNKNOWABLE.

So, Scotty

being at one with the Dao, isnt the aim?

I didnt think so. Im tasting what seems so close-

but the limit seems to be the world around me-

the nature of things as they are, would seem to announce

that enlightenment isnt not only not attainale (lol) but that

it doesnt really exist as we've thought it to.

and while I can't yet fully de-materialise.. for some strange reason.. (:P)

I wonder how best to navigate these borderlands between the 2, in a way that enables me to consistently serve the grid with full knowing, and total health.. WITHOUT the other shitty stuff.

Its a bit of a paradox im stuck with. Being susceptible to the all.. and at one with things as they are, would afford me the consciousness required to heal (even by virtue of my presence) but still not afford me the right to maintain that state.

So i can drop the dualities- but when they need picking back up again, im fucked!

How can I be completely at one..

continue to cultivate, in some semblance of separateness (which gives way to all, and nothing anyhow)

and still serve completely in this dimension?

Edited by BigJonMud

it doesnt really exist as we've thought it to.

As they say.

The tao that can be explained isn't the true tao.

When you find the Buddha, kill the Buddha.

Or something like that.

A state of oneness isn't oneness. If you gain a state of mind, then you also have the eventual loss of that state. So it wasn't really oneness.

Thanks,

ok

so the 'state' that I experience, maybe more like an unravelling of all other states.

Its the centered, here and nowness that encompasses everything in this moment..

In this sense, it arises from piercing the veil of mind

and just is.

and how to keep that 'no state' permanent?

The just is-ness?

How to know and be this always.. while in the body, and still sit and live amidst everything else that isn't?

It seems like it has something to do with remaining there, impermeable to others and their life process.

I've done my own tricky work..

but sitting for 10 hours with another going through their own.. it can knock me for 6.

Its like an alcoholic going for a leisurely swim down the river of beer.

I still appears that I need a better wetsuit..

Hi BigJon,

I will first suggest that if you (or anyone) attains Oneness and stays there we are dead - 'you' no longer exist.

Secondly, If we didn't spend all that time fighting the demons of our own illusions and delusions we would have a lot more time to spend living our life.

The first step toward enlightenment (whatever that is) is to realize that life is for living. All else will follow.

Peace & Love!

the thought crossed my mind also, more than a couple of times

if you look for a daoist answer, you should look in Nature, because Dao follows Nature.

there are way too many morons around with a concocted answer ready to serve it to you asap.

mind you, i'm not judging, just expressing my own thoughts, i rarely ask for advice here, and when i do i usually make it in private to people that i know that they know who and what.

otherwise it's too risky, i might meet a moron with more developed convincing abilities (he usually spits the 'truths' out like Jesus himself), and who knows, i just may believe him...

i'm a little terrified at the perspective.

when things get fuzzy, and i can't trust an outsider's sollution, i always turn to Nature - see, everything in Nature has a protection, the more valuable, the harder the protection it is. just look around at the means by which plants, minerals and animals protect themselves...

Nature...

:D

L1

edit spellings

Edited by Little1

Thanks,

ok

so the 'state' that I experience, maybe more like an unravelling of all other states.

"Being at one", is really just a figurative statement, because you're just experiencing connectivity of all processes that are going on around you, you're not literally one with anything. You're seeing past the appearance into all the tie together with un-contrived natural awareness. You're not subjecting the objective world to your limiting concepts in this state of being so your response system seems to be "at one" with everything. It's happiness, appropriateness, it's blissful, it's active, but your not really at one with anything other than the flow of endless things. It's a virtue, because you are feeling that all beings are your family, you are going to experience natural un-contrived virtue as a reflection of this.

So, oneness is a nice poetic word, but it's not particularly exact to what's really going on.

So, oneness is a nice poetic word, but it's not particularly exact to what's really going on.

Yippie!!! I get to agree with another comment from one of our Buddhist friends. (Don't let that go to your head. Okay?)

Peace & Love!

Yippie!!! I get to agree with another comment from one of our Buddhist friends. (Don't let that go to your head. Okay?)

Peace & Love!

Oh, I have enough going to my head already! Marriage, business... etc. etc. :P

I'm interested in this one because I read it to be about how to avoid the "unpleasant" energy as well as the drains - whether that might be:

- ours

- someone else's

- something else's

You know the thing, you get up in the morning all content with great attitude and intent, then it happens. For no immediately discernible reason, suddenly you feel awful, you're anxious, maybe fearful, somewhat depressed, tired.

I've had this happen in public spaces where the stuff going on around me felt too aggressive or sad (yes, my judgment) or in other settings where you just seem to get drained by spending time with certain people. It can get chronic.

Are we looking at some kind of unconscious cuing? So you're in fact acting without discerning? What about the others?Energy just balancing itself out? So if I'm in a great mood I should actually expect someone/something somewhere to drain it?

I suspect if I practiced some kind of continuous Vipassana it might bring greater awareness of the interplays and I'm also very interested in a) not being drained and B) not being an unconscious drain myself.

I suspect if I practiced some kind of continuous Vipassana it might bring greater awareness of the interplays and I'm also very interested in a) not being drained and B) not being an unconscious drain myself.

The closer one gets to realizing emptiness, as in the non-inherent nature of everything, the more energy you will have to transmute everything. Also, balance does not mean that when your lacking someone else is having, or vise versa. It's more of an internal thing, your balancing the duality with the realization of connection, as well as inherent non-abiding. You will be able to see through your feelings and anchor your mind in a place of great freedom, defusing all that arises, or infusing all that arises.

:)

Oh, I have enough going to my head already! Marriage, business... etc. etc. :P

Marriage is good. I did it three times.

(Divorce is good too. I did that three times as well.)

Peace & Love!

Hi Kate,

I take pride in the fact that I am able to maintain a beautiful harmony in my life.

But I still have those times like you mentioned when I go out into the world and someone screams totally out of tune and it screws up my harmonious life.

There are energies all around us all the time. Negative energies from others can screw up our day.

I know that there are some who suggest that defenses can be constructed against such events. I was never successful at building defenses like that.

For me, I found that letting the energies have their way, acknowledge them and then letting them pass through and then regaining my inner harmony.

Peace & Love!

Thanks everyone,

I found all the different perspectives and ways of communicating them very helpful and very refreshing.

Many thanks

the thought crossed my mind also, more than a couple of times

if you look for a daoist answer, you should look in Nature, because Dao follows Nature.

there are way too many morons around with a concocted answer ready to serve it to you asap.

mind you, i'm not judging, just expressing my own thoughts, i rarely ask for advice here, and when i do i usually make it in private to people that i know that they know who and what.

otherwise it's too risky, i might meet a moron with more developed convincing abilities (he usually spits the 'truths' out like Jesus himself), and who knows, i just may believe him...

i'm a little terrified at the perspective.

when things get fuzzy, and i can't trust an outsider's sollution, i always turn to Nature - see, everything in Nature has a protection, the more valuable, the harder the protection it is. just look around at the means by which plants, minerals and animals protect themselves...

Nature...

:D

L1

edit spellings

Very interesting answer. :)

I often think, what a huge degree of mutual trust that we live in, that we all have glass windows in our houses. We all have skin that can scratch and bleed and scar.

How long do we live? Are we like a flower that can be eaten by a passing goat, or trodden on, or are we a bees nest, hidden and fecund.

Speaking of Nature....

There are certainly a lot of thorns, fangs,claws, poisons in nature and in some cases in & on some of the most beautiful beings....

Speaking of Nature....

There are certainly a lot of thorns, fangs,claws, poisons in nature and in some cases in & on some of the most beautiful beings....

That, Sir, is a given. That is why it is important to observe. Observe and understand the processes. There are thorns amongst the roses - there are fangs on many of the beautiful snakes - there are claws on the loving cat - there are poisons on and in the mouths of many animals - there are evil people dressed in good people's clothing.

But with practice we can learn how to admire the beautiful and avoid the evil and ugly. Learning this practice can even lead to living a life in a non-dualistic state.

Peace & Love!

That, Sir, is a given. That is why it is important to observe. Observe and understand the processes. There are thorns amongst the roses - there are fangs on many of the beautiful snakes - there are claws on the loving cat - there are poisons on and in the mouths of many animals - there are evil people dressed in good people's clothing.

But with practice we can learn how to admire the beautiful and avoid the evil and ugly. Learning this practice can even lead to living a life in a non-dualistic state.

Peace & Love!

there has to be appreciation for both sides of the coin to understand power & also to understand the Creator/Divine Source.

Also you must understand not everything that "EXISTS" wants to have or has virtue or care or compassion for other living beings.

Hence the reason why you MUST learn some form of self defense. Even your "AVOIDANCE" is a self defense method. AKA "TARGET DENIAL". A good one to know aswell.

How ever there is only so much you can "AVOID" in your life. You can not live in a bubble 24 /7

The Buddha himself was a skilled martial and "psychic" warrior. As are some of the best energy workers known to man.

there are peaceful measures and there are more warthful measures.

Ultimately the difference though is to do the will of the Divine Source. If you want to call it TAO its ok. But yes the Universe knows best. Even she if full of DEADLY things Neutron stars, Suns, poisonous gasses, Black holes, sharper than sharp razor edges!!!

you would be naive to think you do not need some form of Spiritual or Psychic Self defense.

You live in a world where you are bombarded DAILY by frequencies that want to do 2 things to you

1) Make you die of cancers

2) Keep you stupid

3) Keep you in control / Zap you from having any real potential.

4) Unfortunately Not all beings want or care to be buddhas/tao masters/saints...

5) Energetic astralor alien Entities, and more powerful negative energy workers run rampant. Sure you can say its "all in your mind" until you yourself have to deal with that sort of thing on a daily basis.

My Dzogchen masters were both GENIUS

at psy self defense.

Yes in the grandscheme we are all ONE and or do not exist....But not all observe that LAW.

Chi Kung in itself is a PSYCHIC SELF DEFENSE.

You build your wei chi and you get stronger and build a natural "shield" against most ailments & negative energies.

love

Santiago

Edited by Vajrasattva

Chi Kung in itself is a PSYCHIC SELF DEFENSE.

You build your wei chi and you get stronger and build a natural "shield" against most ailments & negative energies.

love

Santiago

I find happiness to be the best defense. The kind of happiness that does not rely on anything other than recognizing the spiritual truths of things.

Take care. :)

I find happiness to be the best defense. The kind of happiness that does not rely on anything other than recognizing the spiritual truths of things.

Take care. :)

lower still. what about the happiness that doesn't rely on anything. :D

Yeah, we are getting to that in that other thread.

Peace & Love!

I think if you understand your inner happiness that seems for no reason but is actually based on certain spiritual subtleties... then it's not going to be at the mercy of external and even psychic attacks. When one understands the metaphysics of happiness and knows how to work the energy within in order to maintain that inner space of purity and joy, then I think it's better than the ambiguous basing it on "nothing"... but... I do know what you mean and I was going to say that. :)

Sign in to follow this