Sign in to follow this  
ralis

Deities in Buddhist and Hindu Mythology

1. Are deities real or just an illusion? Archetypes perhaps?

2. What about so called enlightened as opposed to unenlightened deities?

3. Are these systems constructed to put the masses in fear and are just a control mechanism?

4. Does one have control or is one just a pawn to serve the deities (spirits)?

ralis

3. Are these systems constructed to put the masses in fear and are just a control mechanism?

ralis

I think these are good questions. Especially the first one.

I think it ties a little bit with the whole "oneness" thread that's also going on.

Especially because certain traditions have very real aspects to them, such as demons or hell, involve exorcism rituals and things.... but still say things like it's all "illusory" and things like that.

So anyone that can answer.... please do :)

ralis

I think these are good questions. Especially the first one.

I think it ties a little bit with the whole "oneness" thread that's also going on.

Especially because certain traditions have very real aspects to them, such as demons or hell, involve exorcism rituals and things.... but still say things like it's all "illusory" and things like that.

So anyone that can answer.... please do :)

1. Both, in as much as we are real and illusive, not illusions... as there are no illusions, just we are "like" illusions, changed as soon as things appear to the senses. Archetypes, yes that as well. But in most spiritual traditions, these other realms where beings exist and also influence are considered as real as we are. Kind of like how we oversee and feel responsible for the animal realm and influence it both positively and negatively... only kind of like that though, not exactly like that.

2. They are as much in progress and process as we are, some fully liberated and most others not.

3. If that's your perception, then that's what will manifest for you in your interpretation and that will be your reality. What you are open to influences you, even subconsciously.

4. That depends on you. A Buddha serves all beings.

Sign in to follow this