Sign in to follow this  
Smile

2012 is not the end of the world

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...er-insists.html

"The year 2012 will not bring the end of the world, a Mayan elder has insisted, despite claims that a Mayan calendar shows that time will "run out" on December 21 of that yea..."

Oh I'm so happy, I had already sold everything and was about to blow all my money on loose cars and fast women, still, seems a shame to waste the chance now really.

I figured it wouldn't be the end. :)

There are many shifts taking place in the world right now however. If the dollar collapses sometime between now and 2012, that by itself will lead to a VERY big shift.

I'm also wondering whether there will be some sort of unusual astrological phenomena which can be observed in 2012 as well.

Edited by Enishi

Oh I'm so happy, I had already sold everything and was about to blow all my money on loose cars and fast women, still, seems a shame to waste the chance now really.

damn, just as I was going to bet all my money with people that it was not going to be the end of the world!

This is ruining my plan!

Great informative article.

It is the opinion of the experts that the world won't end. If it does, whatever that means, then it won't matter anyway. So we might as well go on believing that our lives on Earth will continue.

I like this paragraph...

But most archaeologists, astronomers and Mayans say the only thing likely to hit Earth is a meteor shower of New Age philosophy, pop astronomy, internet doomsday rumours and TV specials such as one on the History Channel which mixes "predictions" from Nostradamus and the Mayans and asks: "Is 2012 the year the cosmic clock finally winds down to zero days, zero hope?"

But what if that Elder is wrong?

Peace & Love!

Right on!

So smart!

Now for a smart old boy like you, I have a great offer. Shall we bet all my money versus all your money that the year 2012 will not be the end of the world.

I say that it will not be the end of the world

You say that it will be the end of the world

Then on the first day of 2013, whoever wins gets all the money from the other.

Deal?

Actually, the world already ended in 1999.

so what the hell is all this? The extended play? The post scriptum? ;)

post-15-1255386554_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pietro

Right on!

So smart!

Now for a smart old boy like you, I have a great offer. Shall we bet all my money versus all your money that the year 2012 will not be the end of the world.

Deal?

That is not a deal. Hehehe. It would be great for you because you could retire at a very young age.

Anyhow, I don't gamble unless it is on a sure thing but then that's not gambling, is it?

Peace & Love!

Edited by Marblehead

That is not a deal. Hehehe. It would be great for you because you could retire at a very young age.

grrr, he is smarter than I thought

;)

grrr, he is smarter than I thought

;)

Hehehe. Good try though. Afterall, there are fools all over the place willing to give their money to those who tell them what they want to hear.

You should hear some of the radio stations in the Bible Belt of the Unites States on Sunday mornings.

Peace & Love!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...er-insists.html

"The year 2012 will not bring the end of the world, a Mayan elder has insisted, despite claims that a Mayan calendar shows that time will "run out" on December 21 of that yea..."

Oh, Now I hope that this ACTUALLY BE the end of all the series of books and lectures talking about the possible end of the world that year!

Mayan Elder! hip hip hurray hip hip hurray!

Actually, the world already ended in 1999.

That's a good point that is, perhaps then in retrospect after 2012, 2012 will be called 'the beginning of the world'. And since that must mean that the years in-between technically didn't happen(99-12), as they never were; this is all fantastic news as that means I owe the credit card companies nothing, I didn't p*ss any ex girlfriends off by being a dog and most pleasingly I never embarrassed myself in front of hundreds when I soiled my pants in a department store.

The real bonus of all this news is that we all have 3 years still left to play with!!!! Since these years don't exist that means no karma too! Bring out the dancing girls!!!

Right on!

So smart!

Deal?

That's a nice one that is, I reckon you could actually set up a website for all takers, you'd get someone for sure! Call it 2012 'insurance' services or something though..... 'if you lose everything on 2012, we will reimburse you! Simple and affordable monthly payments, subject to status; only 3 years left on this chance of a lifetime offer! Get in while you still can!'

Don't you think that it might be worthwhile deciding exactly what your definition of "the world" is when stating things like this?

"The world"-----humanity?

"The world"-----the Earth?

"The world"-----Life as we know it?

Love,

Carson :D

"The world"-----Life as we know it?

Yes, that is the most accurate definition...

The scenarios are like that:

1. The maximum probability of occuring a huge solar flare that MAY disturb the earth civilization is arround the date 2012 due to the cyclic activity of 11 years of the Sun - last maximum activity was in 2001.

2. The maximum probability of occuring earth changing climate and relief through magnetic poles and rotational poles shifting is arround the date 14 feb 2013 when the allegedly Nemesis star - the brown dwarf that is the twin couple of our Sun is closest to the Sun somewhere near the orbit of Jupiter AND Earth will be exactly between the SUN and the brown dwarf.

3. This also MAY disturb the asteroid belt which MAY cause bombardments of the Earth.

4. All the above may have been foreseen by Mayans coincidentally with the Galactic Center alignement and the importance of that date is the fact that several astronomical events may happen simultaneously or at least in a very short period of time

Anyhow the hopi profecy of a "blue star" was fulfilled when the comet Holmes aproached earth and exploded into a blue light disk in october-november 2007:

It remains that the "red star" to become visible in the near future. IF there is really a dwarf brown approaching Sun-Earth it should become visible in the daylight in the Northern hemisphere during the 2011. There are claims that it is visible right now in the Southern hemisphere, I wonder if the Taobums from Australia can confirm this.

Also it may nothing happen but that is very likeley to NOT happen, due to many events on Earth (political and economical) that are already happening.

Hi steam....

Yeah I am pretty well read on just about every perspective of the 2012 winter equinox predictions.....my own personal beliefs align with what is written in the book "The Law Of One/The Ra Material" though. Which is that there will be a "harvest". Those that are "harvest-able" will move onto the next "Density"...those that are not will continue as is. If you have never read any of the Law of One, here is a link that will give you a run-down on the "Harvest" as forseen by Ra: http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?categ...arvest&ss=1 ....interesting reading no matter what you believe.

Love,

Steam

That looks like the four horses of the apocalypse in your profile pic in the cloud.

Either that or I have an over active imagination.

No :P that is the trace of an invisible dragon flying through the clouds

Yes I believe in a harvest too, but my informations were from other sources, thank you I will read that too.

Edited by steam

damn, just as I was going to bet all my money with people that it was not going to be the end of the world!

This is ruining my plan!

Right On, I allready have money riding on the -no majour spiritual event felt by everyone- thing with several eager friends. I look forward to 2013 to be past all this...

What do you think the Next doomsday date will be?

lol it will be funny if the end of the world comes as a complete suprise...

Oh, Now I hope that this ACTUALLY BE the end of all the series of books and lectures talking about the possible end of the world that year!

Mayan Elder! hip hip hurray hip hip hurray!

I agree! It's a bit annoying!

Hi steam....

Yeah I am pretty well read on just about every perspective of the 2012 winter equinox predictions.....my own personal beliefs align with what is written in the book "The Law Of One/The Ra Material" though. Which is that there will be a "harvest". Those that are "harvest-able" will move onto the next "Density"...those that are not will continue as is. If you have never read any of the Law of One, here is a link that will give you a run-down on the "Harvest" as forseen by Ra: http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?categ...arvest&ss=1 ....interesting reading no matter what you believe.

Love,

I have been reading the Law Of One, it is quite interesting and definitely informative! Worth a read for people interested in this subject.

Part of the problem of course is that people always assume that there is only one world to end, and that 'the end of the world' means that everything goes.

Anyway, as i understand it, the Mayan calendar doesn't actually end (it's just the end of a cycle), and the change period is over about 6 years, it's not a singular 'clock ticks and then boom!' type thing. Too many Hollywood movies getting mixed up with the Mescalin i think.

And there will always be an end of 'the world' to look forward to! Anyone want to start a 'the real end of the world is in 2018' movement with me? :P

What do you think the Next doomsday date will be?

lol it will be funny if the end of the world comes as a complete suprise...

I think it might be that comet that is supposed to get pretty close to Earth in 2036(?). Another mass extinction?

But we still have to get past December 23, 2012 first.

Oh No!!! We're all gonna' die!

Peace & Love!

Anyone want to start a 'the real end of the world is in 2018' movement with me? :P

Well, present me with a little illogical reasoning and I might join in. :)

Peace & Love!

Hi Steam......

Yes I believe in a harvest too, but my informations were from other sources, thank you I will read that too.

The link above (the abovetopsecret thread) is one of my favorite threads (on 2012) on the Internet..... "Hidden Hand" references "The Law of One" several times in that thread and basically he aligned himself with what is said in it. (If I remember correctly he (Hidden Hand) said that there were a couple of small errors in The Law of One but that is was basically correct)

If you liked the abovetopsecret thread, you will like the Law of One.....fer shure ;)

Love,

Part of the problem of course is that people always assume that there is only one world to end, and that 'the end of the world' means that everything goes.

Anyway, as i understand it, the Mayan calendar doesn't actually end (it's just the end of a cycle), and the change period is over about 6 years, it's not a singular 'clock ticks and then boom!' type thing. Too many Hollywood movies getting mixed up with the Mescalin i think.

And there will always be an end of 'the world' to look forward to! Anyone want to start a 'the real end of the world is in 2018' movement with me? :P

I'm with you!:)

Hi Steam......

The link above (the abovetopsecret thread) is one of my favorite threads (on 2012) on the Internet..... "Hidden Hand" references "The Law of One" several times in that thread and basically he aligned himself with what is said in it. (If I remember correctly he (Hidden Hand) said that there were a couple of small errors in The Law of One but that is was basically correct)

If you liked the abovetopsecret thread, you will like the Law of One.....fer shure ;)

Love,

Yea, that was a good read. Check out: http://www.scribd.com and type in Hidden Hand they have a PDF Ebook with all of Hidden Hands posts!

I had an idea a few years ago to setup a gambling site where you could be on when the world will end. The winner gets all the money!

And since the world would've ended by then, I'd just spend all the bets on paying off my bills :P

Really though, the 2012 thing, if it does happen will most likely be a self fulfilled prophecy.

Sign in to follow this