Sign in to follow this  
z00se

Healing Dental Cavities

I know the body is amazing in it's ability to heal its self but i wonder about holes in your teeth? I believe it is possible.

Theres alot of people here into all different types of health therapies etc, i wonder if anyone has has any experiences with dental cavities?

Do you consider yourself very healthy?

Have you had dental cavities repair themselves?

Do you continue to get cavities despite your best health promoting efforts?

I know in old times if you were to buy a slave you'd check his teeth as they would be good indicators of how healthy they were. No point buying a slave that died on you early!

I know the body is amazing in it's ability to heal its self but i wonder about holes in your teeth? I believe it is possible.

Theres alot of people here into all different types of health therapies etc, i wonder if anyone has has any experiences with dental cavities?

Do you consider yourself very healthy?

Have you had dental cavities repair themselves?

Do you continue to get cavities despite your best health promoting efforts?

I know in old times if you were to buy a slave you'd check his teeth as they would be good indicators of how healthy they were. No point buying a slave that died on you early!

Your oral health is intimately tied to your overall health specifically your heart. Decay and a prevalence of bacteria in the mouth has been linked early heart conditions.

I consider myself moderately healthy. I have not had a cavity in probably twenty years, but when I have had cavities I had them filled by a professional. I brush my teeth at least twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste and use a water pick. Flossing is better but I really hate it.

Worse than cavities are pockets between the gums and the teeth. Once bacteria destroys the bond between the teeth and gums, the lower tooth where there is less or no enamel becomes exposed and decay will occur more quickly. There are some expensive procedures dentists can do, but it doesn't always work.

I know that a lot of people don't like the idea of fluoride. You would probably be fine without it if you were really careful about what you ate and when. If you drink your local municipal water you probably are getting some fluoride there. The studies that I have seen contrasting the oral health of people that drink municipal fluoridated water supply and those on well water demonstrate pretty clearly the decay prevention of fluoride.

Good luck getting your tooth to fix itself. Probably better to focus on an exceptionally clean mouth -- prevention -- than trying to fix stuff after it is done broke.

Sign in to follow this