Sign in to follow this  
gj551

reverse microcosmic orbit

how would it affect one if the microcosmic orbit was turned around the other way

Common 'inside story' is that the orbit goes both directions (probably at different levels). Even in Traditional Chinese Medicine books (in English) the orbit is depicted as overlapping extensively in the lower areas.

Some people get results with the run o' the mill simple orbit instructions, and they just go deep from there. Some people say it's a good idea to run it in reverse some times.

Another view is that it becomes tricky to run the orbit through deliberate attention at all. Which direction at what times?.. and I'd bet other complications that we haven't thought of yet. Physical movement qi gong seems like a viable alternative. Also (though it frustrates me a little to admit it) the kunlun method activates the orbit in either/and/or both directions through posture alone - it goes which ever direction it goes when it goes, due to your natural alchemy process plus general prompting of the posture. I think that orbit self-acupressure is really good and mostly over-looked.

Also, eventually unavoidable: There area a lotta channels and they all have to be opened, gradually, hopefully in some rough semblance of balance with each other.

My apologies for the stack o' segues!

:D

p.s.

Recommended blog is Enter the Dragon Gate. Here's posts w/ label of "small heavenly orbit". Scroll to the bottom to read in chrono order. Vibe is whole other level of conversation.

Common 'inside story' is that the orbit goes both directions (probably at different levels). Even in Traditional Chinese Medicine books (in English) the orbit is depicted as overlapping extensively in the lower areas.

the little orbit technique seems worth trying out

Another view is that it becomes tricky to run the orbit through deliberate attention at all. Which direction at what times?

while inhaling up the spine and during exhalation down the front

the kunlun method activates the orbit in either/and/or both directions through posture alone - it goes which ever direction it goes when it goes, due to your natural alchemy process plus general prompting of the posture. I think that orbit self-acupressure is really good and mostly over-looked.

the actual posture was not to be found on the site or on the kunlun homepage could you say it in few words

Also, eventually unavoidable: There area a lotta channels and they all have to be opened, gradually, hopefully in some rough semblance of balance with each other.

My apologies for the stack o' segues!

:D

these channels remind me of the nadis in yoga

p.s.

Recommended blog is Enter the Dragon Gate. Here's posts w/ label of "small heavenly orbit". Scroll to the bottom to read in chrono order. Vibe is whole other level of conversation.

awesome

hello

how would it affect one if the microcosmic orbit was turned around the other way

yeah, run it in both ways to open it up well.

There are periods when it's running naturally the other way round. Like when women have their periods (so now they have an excuse ;-) ).

Hear what trunk says.

the actual posture was not to be found on the site or on the kunlun homepage could you say it in few words
Nope.

For all the heated debate (read "brawls") here re: kunlun, we've kept the boundary of not giving out their simple posture. Check the link that I wrote earlier; read carefully - all the pertinent info is there... uh, from my point of view, imho.

My experience with MCO reversal was one of intrigue - "Oh my! It's backwards!" But it proved to be very positive and pleasant. The energy stopped in my heart center and throbbed for about 20-30 seconds and then moved up to my throat, where I have experienced a good deal of throat center pulsation over the last ten days. I interpret this subjectively as a healing pattern in response to a throat chakra that has been blocked for several decades.

I realize I am mixing chakra work and MCO models. This could be problematic at some point, or a sensible synthesis, but I'm not advanced enough to know.

Be cautious if you're pushing unrefined energy through the orbit. It should be flowing like a river (or actually more like a "connection" than a "flow" from point to point), not like tree sap. To refine it, keep working on the dan tien...full breathing and hands placed there.

If a point is stuck, such as the throat, it can help to massage the acupoints of the conception vessel above and below it.

In fact if you're getting stuck, I think it's best to not even try to move energy around. But everyone does what they feel is right, and then learns for themselves.

mm Yeah I've heard of this, funny you mention it I never really got an answer myself except that its dangerous and if you do it right it'll make you much stronger.

since most taoist text describing the orbit are written by men for men i thought maybe you could turn into a woman if you do it the other way around

since most taoist text describing the orbit are written by men for men i thought maybe you could turn into a woman if you do it the other way around

LOL

Sign in to follow this