hagar

Holosync, brain stimulation and Jing

I sense that I may be in over my head here, or maybe on the cutting edge, because I have roamed cyberspace for some time and not found any suitable answer to this question:

Does brain stimulation, which include any meditation technique, "consume" Jing? (As in the transformation Jing-chi-Shen)

Further, the opposite is also true, that collecting and gathering the Shen may support the increase of Chi and further Jing. So there are at least two sides of this coin. Yet we leave out the flow of energy, or the direction of it.

I've been starting out with Holosync meditation, being a binaural beat form of brain stimulation, that induces certain brainwave patterns corresponding to deep meditation. I works, and it has it's side effects.

What I am uncertain about is it's effect on the essential water of the body.

The sound forces the brain to make new neural pathways btw the two hemispheres, creating rapid growth, emotional catharsis, and better, whole brain functioning. So it says.

I am still early in the process, so I feel a sense of stillness and also triggering of dormant emotional issues. But what am unsure of is if I'm burning my candle faster because it burns brighter?

In sensing the energetic exchange while doing the process, there seems to be an accumulation of chi into the brain, yet not so much flow downward. Yet I might be wrong. I feel a need to counter with focusing on the lower Dan Tian, and also grounding and standing physical qigong.

Anyone here on Holosync, and any thoughts on this?

h

I sense that I may be in over my head here, or maybe on the cutting edge, because I have roamed cyberspace for some time and not found any suitable answer to this question:

Does brain stimulation, which include any meditation technique, "consume" Jing? (As in the transformation Jing-chi-Shen)

Further, the opposite is also true, that collecting and gathering the Shen may support the increase of Chi and further Jing. So there are at least two sides of this coin. Yet we leave out the flow of energy, or the direction of it.

I've been starting out with Holosync meditation, being a binaural beat form of brain stimulation, that induces certain brainwave patterns corresponding to deep meditation. I works, and it has it's side effects.

What I am uncertain about is it's effect on the essential water of the body.

The sound forces the brain to make new neural pathways btw the two hemispheres, creating rapid growth, emotional catharsis, and better, whole brain functioning. So it says.

I am still early in the process, so I feel a sense of stillness and also triggering of dormant emotional issues. But what am unsure of is if I'm burning my candle faster because it burns brighter?

In sensing the energetic exchange while doing the process, there seems to be an accumulation of chi into the brain, yet not so much flow downward. Yet I might be wrong. I feel a need to counter with focusing on the lower Dan Tian, and also grounding and standing physical qigong.

Anyone here on Holosync, and any thoughts on this?

h

Hi Viking

Good question. I think we don't know yet.

What we know is that too much mental activity can reduce the jing. This is called the brain eats the body, and I am a classical example, like many others over here.

Not sure if simply the use of bineural beat would produce that. Maybe some practices will and some will not.

P:S. how are bineural beats working for you? I have them on the iphone, and used them a bit but I find them so borning. (so maybe it does not induce too much brain activity or I would not be bored :-D)

Hi Viking

Good question. I think we don't know yet.

What we know is that too much mental activity can reduce the jing. This is called the brain eats the body, and I am a classical example, like many others over here.

Not sure if simply the use of bineural beat would produce that. Maybe some practices will and some will not.

P:S. how are bineural beats working for you? I have them on the iphone, and used them a bit but I find them so borning. (so maybe it does not induce too much brain activity or I would not be bored :-D)

Hi Pietro

"Brain eats the body": yikes! What I do feel is an opening and an intensification in the subtle body at the same time.

Funny, I got into the whole holosync thing through researching how my iphone could be a tool for spiritual growth instead of a fetish. Actually, I needed something to help decompress at work. I sit through lunch, and abit after that. Afterwards life is still, and the PC is no longer shouting at me.

But it will never replace my actual practice. It's more like, if you're hungry while hiking, why not take an energybar. But it's not something you eat for dinner. Or breakfast for that matter.

How's Portugal working for you?

h

Hi Hagar

I found holosync some yrs ago and still havent moved past the demo :)

these simple cd tracks are capable of putting me into a very clear, calm

and centered state already , and I use it to wire down when

confronting the canvases.

Thus for me it seems to clear away the mind from chatter that causes stress

and so ables me to ground...

still curious about the other levels where you combine the wave patterns

with personal affirmations. but, since I already have a good thing going here

after several years I'm in no hurry.

Edited by rain

My life in a nutshell. The image is really good.

Guest sykkelpump

holosync is not meditation,and does not produce energy and open channels like meditation.but it can be a good way to prepare yourself to get the habit of meditation

Edited by sykkelpump

Yes!

Excellent question.

One of my specialties is using Qi gong to alter the pathways of the brain. This has many effects on both the physical, endocrine, emotional and spiritual bodies. I "rewire" the pathways that have been shut because of lack of blood and energetic flow. Its an offshoot of neurological acupuncture for stroke/trauma recovery from brain injury.

And it works well...

Jing IS used by the brain, directly. Thats why in higher stages of the meditations, you seal off your senses from outside stimulus. You are attempting to not allow the thieves, as they are classically called, to steal your qi as it develops in the brain. Thieves being sight, sound, thought, smell, and taste. Anything that uses neurological power to experience the world, will if used to an excessive amount, deplete jing.

The eventual goal is to build up a storehouse of jing FIRST, in the lower dantiens. That way, when you do go into the higher realms, you will have plenty of battery power to run the crystal palace with efficiency. Otherwise, if you are doing too much programming, it will deplete the energy reserve.

Just have a balance between using the head, and using the body.

:)

How's Portugal working for you?

Is working all right, thanks.

Being in a Latin country with a Mediterranean climate is affecting me in deeper ways that I expected. After all I grew up in a place very similar.

I bought a house with some land. I am now working part time in restoring the place. Both the house and the land. I am using Permaculture, for the land, and studying how to permit to the water to be absorbed more in the land. Portugal can be quite dry at times, and the times ahead sees Portugal desertify. My hope is that by acting early enough I should be able to counteract this tendency, and then maybe even share with others.

The house is an old house partially in ruin. But part of it is working alright (provided you don't care for the spiders, ...). Of course the long term goal would be to have a Taoist community. In the meantime I am inviting my friends to come and visit me for short or long time. In fact you should come and visit too. With your italian wife and your kid. It would be wonderful to have you here.

Pietro

hi hagar, pietro

this thread is a fresh breath of air

pietro is right, the brain/mind eats the body/jing

can i join you guys with a question?

:

what does this situation tell us about what jing resources we need in order to engage in serious meditation?

3387271-Cave-Buddha-0.jpg

hi hagar, pietro

:

what does this situation tell us about what jing resources we need in order to engage in serious meditation?

it means shut the fuck up and sit down or put on the holosync

hi hagar, pietro

:

I don't know. beside the obvious.

But let me add something. When I was a kid I read a book about being conscious in my dreams. I immediately had a conscious dream that very night. Some time after I started having them, every now and then. But only when I was full of energy. Now they never happen to me anymore. No matter how much energy do I store. I have read on a "reliable" source (i.e. random page on the net ;-) ) that you need particular substances in your body to have conscious dreams. Probably I just don't have those anymore.

Why am I saying this? Because we keep on treating Jing as if it was a single source. But it might be that there are different substances, and we need to have plenty of all of them. Just a passing thought

interesting thought

about the substances, i think you're right on the spot. it seems that mental states are deeply connected with physical states/physiology...

the daoist return to infancy as a prerequisite to attaining the dao - maybe it's something a bit more literal than we imagine, eh?

good brainstormig thread, i think

we forgot to add, in good support to the ladies here, that emotional outbursts and imbalances disrupt the jing also

L1

ps: about the dreaming (and other states) it was the same with me and some of my friends. but recently i come to experiment that it is possible to become even better than when you were very young. i still have to work to extend that state to other 'departaments'

i'd say it's possible all the way, i'll check it out just for the fun of it anyway

i'm ready to pass on another 'functional definition' of Jing = it equals with Youth

working with Jing is a way in which you learn to retain and refine the characteristics of youth, even though the body is not young anymore, it surely can behave youthfull

i think i've passed to you the video with the 62 year Zhu Rongfu 'playing' a daolu.................

HeHeHeHe Little 1 - are you attempting to suggest that only the ladies have emotional imbalances and outbursts? You're right on time, I was looking for someone to shout at;-)

But I guess I'll just do some housework instead <_<

I don't know. beside the obvious.

But let me add something. When I was a kid I read a book about being conscious in my dreams. I immediately had a conscious dream that very night. Some time after I started having them, every now and then. But only when I was full of energy. Now they never happen to me anymore. No matter how much energy do I store. I have read on a "reliable" source (i.e. random page on the net ;-) ) that you need particular substances in your body to have conscious dreams. Probably I just don't have those anymore.

Why am I saying this? Because we keep on treating Jing as if it was a single source. But it might be that there are different substances, and we need to have plenty of all of them. Just a passing thought

I always have very powerful lucid dreams after I "deplete my jing" if you get what I mean :P

HeHeHeHe Little 1 - are you attempting to suggest that only the ladies have emotional imbalances and outbursts? You're right on time, I was looking for someone to shout at;-)

But I guess I'll just do some housework instead <_<

hehehe right back at'cha

as my math teacher used to say: Q E D

but this is not the point, it's more complicated than that...

rewinding:

men generally admit that to them the main draining factor is *misunderstood* sexuality.

women generally admit that to them the main draining factor are *imbalanced* emotions.

there are quite a fiew things to add to this picture, as it is not complete, but for our purposes i considered it sufficient...

peace

L1

Edited by Little1

you obviously never met an emotional lady Little 1.

unless u think fed up equals emotion

Edited by rain

the truth is,

most of the ladies i met were very aware of the problem males have with their sexuality

also, most of them were not easily inclined to admit they have a simmilar problem with their emotional

both parties have a hard time admitting their own problems,

yet this is the first step in resolving them....

i'm not criticising, not by a long shot

still i'm bewildered by the girls's reaction :)

as you move to the south, where the Qi is hotter, it's very easy to see it almost everywhere

maybe in the north, where the Qi is a bit colder, the situation maybe a bit different

Edited by Little1

hm I was talking about holosync and fear of jing loss

I dont know many men with sexual problems

and I am able to say fuck without being emotional.

just giving some advice since I am totally convinced that

chattering chattering chatttering here is tickling you somewhere

so your engine keeps running, but I wonder wonder what would happen

to your jing if you dcided to shut up for three weeks.

not being mean. just thinking.

How interesting!

Me too, me too.

I can say:

"fuck? :)"

without being emotional at all.

I like this game!

How interesting!

Me too, me too.

I can say:

"fuck? :)"

without being emotional at all.

I like this game!

1. Yes! does it show :) ?

2. :D raincheck?

3. I finally like you make me smile.

i wasn't reffering to what you describe above, and i'm familliar with this kind of turn of discussion...

to answer your question, i would very much like to have at least a three weeks break from talking (no matter the implications on jing); mmm come to think of it maybe a full moon cycle may do the trick....

peace

L1

Little 1, Pietro, Rain...Thread Hi jackers.

I used to use Holosync, the Centerpointe version which came out in discussion perhaps even before TTB came into being on that Other board (HT).

It was to me very effective to help quiet the mind and get to deeper states more quickly. In my case it was overall beneficial. Like others I felt no need to go beyond the first level, though I did actually buy the program and didn't just use the free sample.

Eventually I stopped using the program, for whatever reason. I would still recommend these to beginners, but eventually you need, IMO, something more real. Grow out of the training wheels and do your own work.

In support of Little 1 I have seen it written in a few different ways but the concept that men lose energy through inappropriate/unbalanced use of sexual energy while women lose energy through inappropriate/unbalanced expression of emotional energy is I think accepted in Taoist circles.

That doesn't mean that men can't/don't also have emotional energy drains and women can't/don't have sexual energy drains.

It is a statement about yin and yang and how we have the tendencies towards distinct weaknesses.

Little 1 is not being misogynist here, but merely re stating a Taoist observation about energy dynamics in general vis the two sexes.

Or were Kate and Rain just being ironic?

Ps - Maybe I am not qualified to talk about this as I can't say F... without getting emotional ;)

Thanks Craig,

i wasn't aware that the girls saw those lines as misoginist... jeez not by far, i had and continue to have lots to learn from girls (without them knowing about it hehe), i consider them natural born survivors and more rooted into reality than most men...

PS: i don't like the word F..., but i use it when things aren't going that well hehe

----------------------------------Interlude---------------------------------------

Oh crap :-( I have to OT the OP to question the "emotional" vs the "sexual" thingy.

How sure are we that we're talking straight about what those things are?

It seems to me (at least) we're (still?) sort of at an "emotional is for girls" and "sexual is for boys" thingamajig. And yes, it would be a pretty "traditional" place to be in - especially since all those "Taoist circles" seem to see it that way. Seeing it any other way might?

Seriously, what would happen if we allowed each other to feel BOTH?? Maybe more fun? Maybe a little more love? Yes, it's a song lyric...

------------------------------------interlude--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to Holosync. I've been intrigued by it but strangely enough the idea felt kind of gross to me, like I couldn't do it by myself and needed a crutch. Nowadays I'm not so sure. Vehicles abound, does it matter which one you get into? If so, why? If not, why not?

Is your own "control" of the practice required? If so, then why?

Yes!

Excellent question.

One of my specialties is using Qi gong to alter the pathways of the brain. This has many effects on both the physical, endocrine, emotional and spiritual bodies. I "rewire" the pathways that have been shut because of lack of blood and energetic flow. Its an offshoot of neurological acupuncture for stroke/trauma recovery from brain injury.

And it works well...

Jing IS used by the brain, directly. Thats why in higher stages of the meditations, you seal off your senses from outside stimulus. You are attempting to not allow the thieves, as they are classically called, to steal your qi as it develops in the brain. Thieves being sight, sound, thought, smell, and taste. Anything that uses neurological power to experience the world, will if used to an excessive amount, deplete jing.

The eventual goal is to build up a storehouse of jing FIRST, in the lower dantiens. That way, when you do go into the higher realms, you will have plenty of battery power to run the crystal palace with efficiency. Otherwise, if you are doing too much programming, it will deplete the energy reserve.

Just have a balance between using the head, and using the body.

:)

Thanks for that, I liked that answer alot =D.