Sign in to follow this  
Michael Roland

What are your goals for your practice in this lifetime?

I'd like to answer the ?, but I need some time to think about it a little first.

May we each and all

become more profoundly skilled

at harmonious transformation,

know ourselves,

and be of benefit

to all beings.

Looking forward to your answer. I'm giving mine some more consideration as well before I add it to the mix.

Nice benediction. Thanks.

... that means one has applied to doing lots of beneficial things for all beings and thus your well loved in the highest sense. If there's a resounding drum role, that means that there has been an impression of importance reflective of course not in ego based principles, but in principles of virtue grounded in a bodhisattva view of things as elaborated in the Prajnaparamita (Perfection of Wisdom) Sutra and the inner realization of Dzogpa Chenpo or pristine awareness that has effected people towards the final goal of human potential.

Shall I take this to mean that, to answer the question presented, you intend on "doing lots of beneficial things for all beings and thus [be] well loved in the highest sense," and leave "an impression of importance reflective of course not in ego based principles, but in principles of virtue grounded in a bodhisattva view of things as elaborated in the Prajnaparamita (Perfection of Wisdom) Sutra and the inner realization of Dzogpa Chenpo or pristine awareness that has effected people towards the final goal of human potential," in this lifetime through your practices?

Edited by Michael Roland

I think you figure these things out as you go along.

Hopefully, I'm going in the right direction. Wherever that may be.

Perfection? Erh, maybe. I like gih's list though. ;) .

:D .

Looking forward to your answer. I'm giving mine some more consideration as well before I add it to the mix.

Nice benediction. Thanks.

Shall I take this to mean that, to answer the question presented, you intend on "doing lots of beneficial things for all beings and thus [be] well loved in the highest sense," and leave "an impression of importance reflective of course not in ego based principles, but in principles of virtue grounded in a bodhisattva view of things as elaborated in the Prajnaparamita (Perfection of Wisdom) Sutra and the inner realization of Dzogpa Chenpo or pristine awareness that has effected people towards the final goal of human potential," in this lifetime through your practices?

:lol: Exactly. Just that the qualities of inner realization shine out like ripples through the ocean of collective consciousness. :)

Love, health and happiness

and the ability to share the above with others.

Taoist adept Liu I-Ming described some important goals.

Edited by Tao99

If people can be essentially empty within, and functionally straightforward in heart,

without bias, without greed, letting the Tao flow through them,

then firmness and flexibility will match each other,

action and stillness will combine appropriately,

indirectness and directness will attain balance,

and they can be passive or active in accordance with the situation.

Thank you.

So, is that to say, to answer the question presented, that you would like to be "essentially empty within, and functionally straightforward in heart,

without bias, without greed, letting the Tao flow through [you],

[and have] firmness and flexibility... match each other,

and they can be passive or active in accordance with the situation," through your practices in this lifetime?

Ascension to where? Do you mean at the time of death or well before?

Ascension to Union with God/Tao and hopefully long before old age and death but I would happily ascend in my moment of death if thats all I could get.

Thank you.

So, is that to say, to answer the question presented, that you would like to be "essentially empty within, and functionally straightforward in heart,

without bias, without greed, letting the Tao flow through [you],

[and have] firmness and flexibility... match each other,

and they can be passive or active in accordance with the situation," through your practices in this lifetime?

Yep, absolutely. For me its all there though a bit obtuse and indirect.

Edited by Tao99

My goal is equanimity, basically not to become overly elated when my life is going well, or overly distraught during times of difficulty. Ultimately, I would like to be able to regard both life and death with equanimity as well.

May we each and all

become more profoundly skilled

at harmonious transformation,

know ourselves,

and be of benefit

to all beings.

So wonderful. Bowing to that Keith _/\_

Total world domination.

Lol yust kidding, if i live happy and witouth disease i would be glad allready.

I havent set a goal for myself, i dont wonna die dissapointed that i didnt reach my goal would this be the case :P

For now getting better at the internal arts, working on compassion and try to get some insight in nature :)

Regards, Mike

Sign in to follow this