Sign in to follow this  
DalTheJigsaw123

Aleister Crowley on Tao Te Ching? (Anyone read his translation?)

Aleister Crowley on Tao Te Ching? Anyone read his translation? If so, what is everyones thoughts. I have not, but downloaded it. Will be reading it soon. It is quite short, if anyone wants it, I can email it to them. [email protected]. If anyone is interested. Thanks!

I read it and since I believe he did spend some time traveling China and learning things I would guess his TTC has some value but I didnt really see it. It seemed to me like he translated it through the lens of the kabbalah.... but thats just me.

I read it and since I believe he did spend some time traveling China and learning things I would guess his TTC has some value but I didnt really see it. It seemed to me like he translated it through the lens of the kabbalah.... but thats just me.

Thank you Darin! I appreciate your input.

hahahaha

What a loser

-He obviously didnt understand any concept of 'non-contrivance'

-thank you thelerner

Aleister Crowley on Tao Te Ching? Anyone read his translation? If so, what is everyones thoughts. I have not, but downloaded it. Will be reading it soon. It is quite short, if anyone wants it, I can email it to them. [email protected]. If anyone is interested. Thanks!

Skimmed through it before. It has some interesting insights, though it is clearly done through the "lense" of Thelema. "Will" is emphasized there and some of his meanings may not be clear without a bit of understanding the system he established.

Also, it is worth noting that it is not actually a "translation". He took what he learned in his own mystic and magickal experiences and blended it with what he learned reading some other translations (ex. the Legge translation is required reading when preparing to test for entry into the A.'.A.'.) and then wrote an "inspired" version. The same method could be said to be used for many "translations" out there, though.

What format is the version you have in?

Sign in to follow this