Sign in to follow this  
Jeremiah

Primal Water & Fire Play

Sounds fun. Now since you have decided to join the fun maybe we can have some interesting conversation between emotionally balanced, polite individuals who aren't going to flame eachother if they disagree :)

Adyashanti says he has never met a person who guides the process(meditation) that is anywhere near the level of enlightenment of those who trust the process( "Allow everything to be as it is").

I tried to stimulate some helpful debate about this on HT board but think it boiled down to two or three intellectuals battling for who was more clever.

I am more interested in a heart centered approach to spirituality not endless word games.

So I would be interested if you would like to share why you think the Taoist Alchemy practices which atleast in large part guide or initiate a process instead of " Allowing everything to be as it is" are superior or offer things rather than just fall into a path of manipulation or playing games with qi.

I don't even really have any judgement with playing games with qi I do it all the time but would like to open this discussion up again if you want. Maybe create another thread if you would like to discuss.

Edited by Cameron

I posted the above play because sean asked me to about 10 months ago. It was written for some freinds that were embarking on the kan & li route this past summer so they would know some of the mechanics of the process. It's a rather crude account and i have some poetry that fits it much better.

But really i don't debate because it really does not matter that much. I would gladly share my experinces though and discuss what i feel is good about different practices if you like.

peace

mike :-)

Hey Mike (Jeremiah) & others

Please tell us more about Kan and Li, in any modality. I did Fusion last summer and I'm considering doing K & L next year, Winn is teaching.

One problem, I don't particularly believe in Shen theory. I can understand it as metaphor, as a psycological device, even as a psychsomatic method. But I don't believe that the individual shen exist as such.

How much does that limit me in terms of accomplishing lesser K&L?

Your thoughts please.

Michael

Thelerner,

I have taken Lesser Kan and Li once (4.5 years ago) and Greater KL twice (3 and 1.5 years ago). And, I am only now getting a sense of Shen as intelligences in nature - that is, that are not just centered in me.

The KL meditations, from the start though, have been deep, intense bliss; like Jeremiah, I was pretty much floored by the first KL meditation in LKL.

So, I say go for LKL this summer - you will love the meditations, and they will start opening up your communication with the Shen. LKL, though, is really inner work, and it isn't until Greater KL that the Shen of the directions really come into play.

Chris

Voice, Jeremiah thanks so much for your input. Maybe you can only glimpse these things through metaphor, language doesn't even provide much of a map. Only through practice and a surrendering attitude can you come closer to its reality.

Guys thank you for laying out your thoughts, I especially liked Jeremiahs

'Acknowledgement: Inner Smile

Engagement: Healing sounds and movements, Grounding, Breath

Harmonizing the flow: Microcosmic Orbit

Process, Reinforcement: Fusion of the 5 Phases

Acivation (the light body): Activating the Eight Forces (Fusion 2&3)'

and his life as script is very powerful.

Thanks and please add more. There's probably many of us at the Fusion level wondering if/when we should jump to K&L

Yours

Michael

It's funny I also had thought of doing lesser this summer and even talked to sean about it. I messed with Lesser a little on my own and even a little greater and no doubt they are powerful practices but I am sort of more attracted to the don't control things path at the moment.

But like I said, ideally if I had the time I would do all of it just don't think that is really practical at the moment.

I'll see where I am at withe verything in a few months the retreat is not until July next year anyway.

I think you should work on balancing gall bladder. :)

It's funny I also had thought of doing lesser this summer and even talked to sean about it. I messed with Lesser a little on my own and even a little greater and no doubt they are powerful practices but I am sort of more attracted to the don't control things path at the moment.

But like I said, ideally if I had the time I would do all of it just don't think that is really practical at the moment.

I'll see where I am at withe verything in a few months the retreat is not until July next year anyway.

9750[/snapback]

Sign in to follow this