Sign in to follow this  
sunshine

Mattresses: healthy ones?

A happy day,

I was wondering if any of you have knowledge on this:

Qi is said to be influenced by many things. And mattress preferred over any other?

A cold foam mattresses

B mattresses with pocketed springs

C other

thankx much in advance

Harry

Edited by sunshine

Hey Harry, i use coldfoam as i think the pocketspring gives static electricity. Plus it felt better for my back hehe.

A happy day,

Qi is said to be influenced by many things. And mattress preferred over any other?

A cold foam mattresses

B mattresses with pocketed springs

C other

thankx much in advance

Harry

Ideally you should sleep on a plank of wood or gravel. I am not even kidding. Mattresses of any kind screw up the body's natural ability to have inner softness and resilience.

However, if this is a hard step to take, I suggest a firm mattress of any kind. Avoid anything that conforms to your body's shape.

A happy day,

And mattress preferred over any other?
Harry

Hi Harry,
No knowledge, but a strong preference for natural latex mattress. They have awonderful resiliance, but not too hard. They're expensive, but they last forever.

I think Mercola.com had some articles on the dangers of metal springs in the mattress...

Happy day back to ya,

Cotton futon with foam core. Not sure what they are like now but at 130 kg springs couldn't handle me. These days as 110 the ones in motels don't cripple me too badly :lol: but the futon is much better for me.

I didn't roll the previous 6" 100% cotton one as much as I should have although it lasted quite a while. I couldn't really afford or even find IIRC an 8" 100% cotton so I went with the foam core. It has been good.

Bed is jarrah slats so that sleeping on a plank of wood :lol: Futon beds are lower than normal beds which is very useful B)

Excuse the promo, but seeing I do work for Wenatex and this is a topic about mattresses:

bed_20070110a.jpg

In short BLOODY AWESOME !!!

I used to build custom sized inner spring mattresses. I built one of the queen sized mattresses in my house. Don't sleep on it much though, wife says its too hard. This is a really good question! We had a water bed for a while, I can't remember why we got rid of it. Yes, innerspring mattresses carry huge amounts of static electricity. Moving them around the shop, I would get zapped pretty good on a regular basis. If I had the free cash now I would probably do a natural latex. Other than the static there is only one other point concerning health I can make, and maybe it is just industry bs. Typically you toss and turn during the night, decreasing your quality of sleep, because you restrict blood-flow to certain areas because the surface is too hard. That is why a softer foam that conforms to your body and supports the whole side of your body equally is said to be better -- no major pressure on places around your hips and butt, shoulders and upper back. Less pressure in these areas, reduces tossing and turning, increases quality sleep.

As far as longevity of the mattress itself (I could go on forever) pocketed coils have the worst return rate in the entire industry, generally cotton topped (vs foam) show body impressions (a general depression where you sleep the most) much faster, usually within months. And flipping your mattress once a year increases its longevity considerably.

this is just what i think, water beds are large pools of stale water energy so maybe after awhile u want to get rid of it

btw whats the 'problem' with spring mattress and static energy :)?

Edited by SingaporeGuyHere

my bed is a shiki futon that lays on the carpet floor. I think it's a pretty good neutral bed.

That's exactly what I was looking for when I was bed shopping a couple of months ago, all I could find were crappy 1/2 foam knock offs. I ended up settling for another coil spring mattress to the tune of $600...crap!

Sign in to follow this