ericdubay

Santa Claus the Magic Mushroom

therefore eat your shrooms and be merry.

-later edit: "legalize all drugs." is just a mantra I caught from the internet with good intentions without thinking it through. I'm not really sure about it but even if they were legal I wouldn't try the harmful ones, but ayahuasca and industrial hemp are useful I suppose.

Don't know if any of you out there have actually TRIED amanita muscaria mushrooms but they are nothing like "magic mushrooms" (active ingredient being psylocin/psylocibin).

I don't find Amanita Muscaria to be much of an "entheogen" at all.

On the other hand, I don't disagree with any of the info presented here.

Just saying that A.M. mushrooms are nothing like what is commonly referred to as "Magic Mushrooms"....don't go taking them thinking you are going to get similar effects....you won't.

Love,

Carson :D

Nothing better than Saute' Champignon Psylocibe en Beurre, non?

I don't have to say "Leave that shit alone" do I?

;) Sorry. But I am who I am.

Peace & Love!

It was a joke son, a joke...it's been many years since that kind of mushroom passed through me. But had some amazing experiences back then, especially in nature. And once, had a profound religious experience in my candlelit livingroom, with Arvo Part's Te Deum playing through, and man oh man, I got that music that night, along with some profound transcendence. Some of those early glimpses are what propelled me initially on the spiritual/meditative path, to encounter the transcendence without the aid of sacraments...

• Like 1

... to encounter the transcendence without the aid of sacraments...

Now to that you have my full support!

I knew you were just joking but I still felt that I should speak to it. Hehehe.

Peace & Love!

For Siberian reindeer, amanita mushrooms are their favorite food!

Cute. :D

Reminded me of this:

Peace & Love!

Just saying that A.M. mushrooms are nothing like what is commonly referred to as "Magic Mushrooms"....don't go taking them thinking you are going to get similar effects....you won't.

What effects did AM mushrooms have for you, Carson?

Hey Scotty....

What effects did AM mushrooms have for you, Carson?

I have done them several times and each time was incredibly different from each other time. The time that I would say that they "worked the way they are supposed to" was when I ate about 20 grams of them....5 big caps that had been sitting on my altar for probably a year and a half. They basically put me to sleep and made me have some crazy dreams. For me, the benefits of a "trip" (whatever the entheogen) come from the "Forced Inquiry" of it. And the only way to have "forced inquiry" happen is to basically take your ego out of it's comfort zone....to have a "bad trip" as most people term them. For me Amanita Muscaria mushrooms can't do this simply because the ego is nullified at least slightly by the "dream" aspect of the trip. I find the most beneficial trips to be the ones where the ego is fully intact at first, but then is overwhelmed by the Forced Inquiry and is "dissolved" as a result. This can't happen with A.M. in my experience. Maybe if you combined them with a stimulant of some sort, but I highly doubt that, and I am out of the "psychonaut" phase of my life so I have no desire to start experimenting ;)

Love,

Ah, I see...but it does have some sort of mind altering effect? I had the impression you were basically saying it does nothing.

Ah, I see...but it does have some sort of mind altering effect? I had the impression you were basically saying it does nothing.

Hahaha...no, no it doesn't do "nothing".....I would definitely class it as a "hallucinogen"....just not an entheogen.

Sorry for giving the wrong impression.

Love,

Stick to ayahausca, ibogaine and psylocibin mushrooms ;)

Edited by CarsonZi

Hey,

I agree with Carson...they are not magic. Though they could be treated as an entheogen. It is best to gather them yourself since they grow in the same habitat as the often fatal Amanita Pantherina, although the bulk of pantherina in an area will be found just a little lower in altitude...if one finds pantherina walk up hill and there is sure to be A.M. also known as Fly Agaric. Gather the Fly Agaric above the highest pantherina. because the two can cross fertilize or whatever it is that 'shrooms do. I have seen prodigious examples in the shared growing environment that have distinct characteristics of both species. Always gather your own so if you make a mistake your death will be on no one's head but yours. (Oh yes--in the Western US they will be found from 8'000 to 10'000' ft in the same environment were the aspen merge uphill into spruce.) I have heard that species in central Asia are stronger than those of North America and I have heard that those found in far northern latitudes are stronger than those found further south.

There is no need to wait for them to dry. Slow roasting is better though it smells like braising questionable beef. In that respect, watch your dogs. I've seen a cocker spaniel ripped to her follicles on a couple of pieces she managed to swipe.

Expect to be disappointed. They don't always work. Or one can expect, on the other hand, to be bodily mobile but mentally comatose for twelve hours, in convulsions at least once, and having near death experiences. (I was invited in to a very contemporary Valhalla, introduced to Wodin in his aspect as The Lord of Death, shown the ultimate Valkyrie--Goddess Liberty--passed my how-not-to-get-killed test, and was given a standing invitation to come and go there as I pleased.) At the time of this experience I had been suffering bad, almost debilitating sciatica pain for a couple of months...a periodic problem of some20 year duration. But at the end of that session it was gone and has never return in the 20 years since it happened, apparently this was the facilitated by my partner in this little escapade who could not remember anything about it at all either.

The best book on the subject is R. Gordon Wasson's Soma