Gerard

Detox teas

Drinking detox teas is an excellent means to experiencing short-term but constant body cleansing. A good formula is made of natural and organic plants and herbs that have detoxifying properties. These herbs support proper functioning of the excretory organs (liver, kidneys, lungs, intestines and skin).

Ingredients:

Ingredients classified as blood purifiers are sarsaparilla root, red clover, and yellow dock. Aside from purifying the blood, these ingredients likewise promote blood circulation and other organs. Milk thistle, dandelion roots, ginger and turmeric help protect the liver, gall bladder and spleen. Burdock root is known to neutralize and excrete toxins from the body and promotes proper functioning of the kidneys.

Hibiscus flower is an herbal plant used in ancient Egypt to give relief to stomach ailments. Fenugreek seed supports lung functions in many ways. Echinacea Angustifolia is a cleanser for the lymphatic system and strengthens the body's defenses. Ginger root has cleansing properties for the intestines, kidneys, and skin. Liquorice is ideal for smokers who wish to quit from the habit and it helps soothe the throat of both non-smokers and smokers.

Preparation:

Add the desired herbs to a cooking pot and fill with water for one day's supply (1 to 2 L):

1. Boiling water should be poured high over the herbs to insure the water is pranised with qi from mixing with air during the pour. Also, remember that the herbs need to be simmered a bit on low heat about ten minutes and let to stay covered (for about 30 mins or more) once the fire is off to ensure greater extraction of the herbal ingredients.

2. Strain tea into a mug. Drink warm or cold (you can keep the tea in the fridge).

Edited by durkhrod chogori

I tried a prepackaged detox tea and that stuff tasted worse than the stuff I have to take prior to a colonoscopy.

Yuck!!!

Peace & Love!

Sorry to hear that. Pre-packed stuff should be avoided at all costs. Go to a Health Food store and purchase the herbs separately, then prepare it according to the guide mentioned in here.

Sorry to hear that. Pre-packed stuff should be avoided at all costs. Go to a Health Food store and purchase the herbs separately, then prepare it according to the guide mentioned in here.

Now you tell me. Hehehe.

I'll try your suggestion the next time I get in the mood to try it.

Peace & Love!

Thanks for this - I just happened to be considering options. I'd read the other post and thought it was good but this one is better with the "how-to".

The only thing I didn't read (maybe you mentioned it) was if the herbs were fresh or dried. Does it make a difference?

It all depends on the type of herb you are referring to. For green tea, dried leaves are used. On the other hand, if we consume ginger:

1. Fresh ginger tea soothes stomach ailments such as nausea and vomiting.

2. Dried ginger warms and helps fight colds and flu, but should not be drunk if you have a fever.

Thanks! So when you mentioned:

"Ginger root has cleansing properties for the intestines, kidneys, and skin." did you mean dried or fresh. In other words, "warming" as in 2) or ?

I've bought fresh before and it is just so much more work to juice! Making tea with dried ginger on the other hand is super easy. I haven't yet (after 1 tries;-)) felt excessive warmth with it.

Plus I just like taste.

Thanks! So when you mentioned:

"Ginger root has cleansing properties for the intestines, kidneys, and skin." did you mean dried or fresh.

Fresh.

Preparation:

1. Peel the ginger root and slice it into thin slices.

2. Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan.

3. Once it is boiling, add the ginger.

4. Cover it and reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes.

5. Strain the tea.

6. You can add lemon to taste.

Dear Durkhrod,

Many thanks for this - looks like a tasty brew if you manage to incorporate all of those ingredients. Can you offer any guidance about quantities of the different herbs to incorporate in the 1-2L of water you mentioned?

sarsaparilla root

red clover

yellow dock

Milk thistle

dandelion roots

ginger

turmeric

Burdock root

Hibiscus flower

Fenugreek seed

Echinacea Angustifolia

Ginger root