Tree04

Auras and your experience with them

Hello Tao Bums!

I'm writing this because I recently had a manager move in from out of state and has been wreaking havoc on my psychic energy and spirituality, along with my fellow employees. He's what I call a 'psychic vampire' meaning that he gets his kicks out of making people "below" him feel miserable. I am in good with his Manager and my other 4 bosses, so even though he attacks me, I know my job is not in jeopardy. However, he had continued in recent months to scrutinize my work (which everyone else thought was just fine), to the point where I wound up snapping viciously back at him on several occasions, telling him to just eff off, and leave me alone! Upon further contemplation, I realized I wasn't getting much satisfaction out of my aggressive behavior and that I was in fact stooping to his level, so I turned to an alternative method.

My brother Birch Tree has been trying to get me to give meditation a chance, but emptying the mind just didn't work. I got too distracted. I'd have to itch my foot, my arm, my leg was uncomfortable and falling asleep, etc. But I began to feel that if I didn't meditate, if I didn't become a Zen master of some sorts before I went to work, eventually, this man would destroy me. And that wasn't fair. I'm a good person, I try to do the right thing. I know I'm ignorant on many things, but I knew I didn't deserve the treatment I was receiving, and I love my job, I didn't want to quit.

A few weeks ago, I had a feeling that I would be psychically attacked by my manager. It lingered on me pretty much all day. So after a few hours of fear and dread I decided that I wasn't going to let it happen and that I had to prepare myself. I sat down on the couch in half lotus(?) position with my hands cupped upward with one hand resting on the other with thumbs touching.

Okay so this is what happened. I tried first to empty my head but that didn't work very well so instead I decided that perhaps it would at least be of some benefit to focus on something like trying to open my lower dantians (although I will refer to them as chakras because I used 7 points instead of 3). So I first thought of "connecting" with the energy that is most predominant in body, and to no surprise to me at all, immediately I "felt" or was "aware" of my Vishuddha (throat) chakra. I then attempted to channel the energy up to my Anja (third) eye, and I felt a tingling sensation not on my forehead but in the back half of my head (perhaps the pineal gland?). Surprised and excited that it was actually working I let the energy flow up to the crown (I couldn't feel much there physically but was just aware that it was there) and then took it back down. I let it flow through the entire 7 chakras, up and down, twice. Interestingly I could feel it at the third eye, throat, heart, and even on the second time in my solar plexus I got a slight tingle. My lower dantian or the 2 lowest chakras I felt absolutely nothing.

So after I had completed my energy cycle twice I then concentrated it on the solar plexus (2nd dantian) and held my energy there (Again a slight tingle occurred.) I then imagined my energy field as a shield of protection, and I said to myself that no negative energies could get passed my shield. I meditated on that thought and tried to push the energy in my solar plexus out to my energy field as reinforcement.

I'm not done with this story by any means. So after I felt I had indeed reinforced my energy field I asked my Spirit Guide if I could just get a glimpse of my aura. So I opened my eyes and held out my hands and I literally saw my aura as I have never seen it before! I saw wisps of light coming out of my fingertips (not the ends of my fingers, but at the inflection point on my finger, where it starts to turn) and all of them were tingling at that one, very specific point. That was at the base of my fingers, then around my hands about 1/4" out I saw a little thin white aura. I have seen those before, but what really amazed me was about 6" away from my hands and arms I caught a slight rainbow. Not very big, only maybe 2" in length. I don't know how long I stared at it, maybe a couple of minutes or so. I think I said "cool" out loud. I should also mention that I didn't see much red in it, actually it was mostly yellow, green, blue and purple. When you think about colors in terms of wavelengths, red has the longest and purple the shortest so that's backwards intuitive. But I suppose when you think of energy reinforcement and if each charka has a color, it starts to make more sense.

Then my alarm went off and I was amazed at how much time had passed. A half hour felt like seven minutes. But I felt great! As I was getting ready for work I went through some of my old Buddhist sayings like "Life is as fleeting as a rainbow, a sunset, knowing this how can we quarrel?" and "My enemy is my friend, my teacher, my pupil as we are all human beings and we all experience the same feelings. We are all one."

So when I got to work my manager was there and I immediately did a binding spell. I also, against my "poorer" judgement decided to send him positive thoughts. I specifically thought of the word Tranquility. Everytime I think of that word I think of a deep, dark, clear lake surrounded by mountains with a sunset. He started yelling at everyone immediately but oddly enough he started to open his mouth when he got to me, stared at me, closed his mouth, and moved on. I actually considered attempting to put protective barriers around everyone, but decided against it because I didn't think it would be effective and I selfishly didn't want to lessen the energy field around myself. Besides, if I gave my energy to the other staff members almost none of them would channel it correctly, I'm sure it would have just been absorbed.

Anyway, I'm curious if anyone has had a similar experience. I've seen the thin white aura before, I can see it on command actually, and I can read auras generally but I don't visually see them, not like I did that day, that was new! Also if anyone who has done binding spells or protectinve barriers I encourage you to share your experience. I'm an ameteur at most of these spiritual things, but I love them and I want to get the most knowledge out of them. Thank you for listening.

Best Regards,

Tree04

PS. - I'll be the first to admit, I'm a bit of a simple person, meaning, that I appreciate answers that are on my cognitive level. As much as I appreciate answers, technical jargon and references to people/books I've never heard of will do limited good. So please regard me as a student, and don't overburden me with texts that I need to read and references I need to look up. Talk to me accordingly. Thanks! I appreciate it!

Re protection, i've been playing with this a little recently. A simple but very effective method i've just started experimenting with is:

Focus your attention on muladhara chakra (at your base) and feel your connection to the earth - ideally all the way to the centre.

Now focus on and feel into manipura chakra (at the solar plexus)

Tune into your own aura and expand or condense it to about 2-3 feet around your whole body

See your aura bathed in golden light (from above) till your aura is filled with this golden light

Now see an intense violet light surrounding your aura, sealing it into an egg like shape

It's good to practice this when not in the vicinity of negative influences initially while you get the hang of it, it should quickly become quite tangible. With practice this can become second nature and quite effortless. Oh, and when you're done, be sure to ground it by doing step one again.

If meditation isn't your cup of tea, just focus on being aware of your thoughts and your actions throughout the day.

Eventually you'll come to a point where you're in the middle of a conversation and you're thinking, "whoa, hey, I'm about to tell him to eff off..... why? Because I think he's pissing me off...... why? Does it help the situation at all? If he's just a psychic vampire he's feeding off me..... how about I just not give him the satisfaction? It doesn't bother me, everyone else but him likes me, so it's not a problem with me..... it's just him...."

Then as you get better doing stuff like that, you get better at letting go, and less and less affects you.

<---- Moderator Action ---->

This thread has been moved from the "Forum and Tech Support" section (which is for technical issues and forum "how-to" questions)

to the "Taoist Discussion" section (which is for cultivation discussion).

:)

cheers,

Trunk

<---- The Tao Bums "Mod Squad" ---->

Anyway, I'm curious if anyone has has a similar experience. I've seen the thin white aura before, I can see it on command actually, and I can read auras generally but I don't visually see them, not like I did that day, that was new! Also if anyone who has done binding spells or protectinve barriers I encourage you to share your experience. I'm an ameteur at most of these spiritual things, but I love them and I want to get the most knowledge out of them. Thank you for listening.

To my knowledge I have never seen an aura of any person. However, I fully accept that there are those people who can. And I fully accept that we all, to some degree, radiate an aura.

I attribute this aura to the energy of Chi. And as Chi is composed of the polarities of Yin and Yang the energy emminating from any person will have the polarity of their condition, or state, at the time.

I don't know if this is of any help but at least I have presented my understanding.

Happy Trails!

Hi sister!

You and I have talked a lot about this experience already so I will keep my comments brief. I would be very interested in hearing what others on this forum think about what happened to you.

In my humble view, I think your experience that day was a break-through for you. It was a signal that you are ready for more frequent stillness meditations to help balance the "internal" part of the internal-external balance that we have talked about recently. You are such a giving person, always thinking about and helping others and the world--be sure to take time to cultivate yourself as well (balance).

Sloppy Zhang makes a good point--just making a more conscious attempt to be more mindful will also help. It could be good exercise for gearing up to do sitting meditation on a more regular basis.

As you know, when I was Wiccan I did a few binding spells--the one that I did on the mice in our house to get rid of them was exceptionally effective, but looking back I realize that it wasn't very kind to the mice (I'm sure I racked up some karma for that one). I certainly would have done things differently knowing then what I know now.

As I said before, I think you are on the right path for you. In my view, your binding spell/energy protection was successful energy channeling and was very effective. The aura you saw shows just the beginning of what deeper meditation can open. It seems that you are effective at channeling energy outside of yourself (not a common gift) and I am sure that with meditation you would become even better. I hope I am not being too pushy--I don't mean to be pushy at all. I just think that to have the type of experience that you did the very first time you tried sitting (energy movement) meditation, indicates that you are ready to go even further down the rabbit hole.

I just realized that I haven't asked you recently if you've done any more of these protective barriers/binding spells before work?

All the best, sis! Talk to you later!

Birch Tree

Interestingly I could feel it at the third eye, throat, heart, and even on the second time in my solar plexus I got a slight tingle. My lower dantian or the 2 lowest chakras I felt absolutely nothing.

I'm not done with this story by any means. So after I felt I had indeed reinforced my energy field I asked my Spirit Guide if I could just get a glimpse of my aura. So I opened my eyes and held out my hands and I literally saw my aura as I have never seen it before! I saw wisps of light coming out of my fingertips (not the ends of my fingers, but at the inflection point on my finger, where it starts to turn) and all of them were tingling at that one, very specific point. That was at the base of my fingers, then around my hands about 1/4" out I saw a little thin white aura. I have seen those before, but what really amazed me was about 6" away from my hands and arms I caught a slight rainbow. Not very big, only maybe 2" in length. I don't know how long I stared at it, maybe a couple of minutes or so. I think I said "cool" out loud. I should also mention that I didn't see much red in it, actually it was mostly yellow, green, blue and purple. When you think about colors in terms of wavelengths, red has the longest and purple the shortest so that's backwards intuitive. But I suppose when you think of energy reinforcement and if each charka has a color, it starts to make more sense.

Then my alarm went off and I was amazed at how much time had passed. A half hour felt like seven minutes. But I felt great! As I was getting ready for work I went through some of my old Buddhist sayings like "Life is as fleeting as a rainbow, a sunset, knowing this how can we quarrel?" and "My enemy is my friend, my teacher, my pupil as we are all human beings and we all experience the same feelings. We are all one."

Very interesting how the colors you saw in your aura correlated to those of the chakras that you felt sensation in. That's great confirmation.

I also agree with your Buddhist sayings. I believe that all conflict in this world is actually cooperation between our Higher Selves in that higher realm to teach us lessons down here. Our Higher Selves orchestrate our lessons and "growth opportunities" down here (in concert with each other), while we must navigate and surmount these challenges here. So, that Buddhist rhetoric rings particularly true. And I believe that the ultimate solution to every conflict is finding the root cause underlying it and resolving that issue within yourself. Since that is the reason they occur - to focus our attention on certain personal issues (that often repeat in our lives until we resolve them).

Very cool auric viewing though. I've only seen some white and an ancestral orb once. I would in fact like to greatly improve my energy-viewing abilities, because I think that would allow me to improve my qigong skills immensely. Because if you can see exactly what you're doing, it becomes much easier to do it right! Obviously, you and your brother were born with your higher chakras more open, you lucky bastards..

<---- Moderator Action ---->

I'm trying to merge Marblehead's post into the live thread, but I'm having a little difficulty because I'm new at this. :rolleyes: I'll sort it out shortly (hopefully!). Sorry for the inconvenience.

cheers,

Trunk

All Merged with the duplicate post deleted. Moving threads is FUN :D

Mal

Yea!!! Good work Mod's!

We need to keep it together. Don't want to be falling apart all over the place.

Happy Trails!

Re protection, i've been playing with this a little recently. A simple but very effective method i've just started experimenting with is:

Focus your attention on muladhara chakra (at your base) and feel your connection to the earth - ideally all the way to the centre.

Now focus on and feel into manipura chakra (at the solar plexus)

Tune into your own aura and expand or condense it to about 2-3 feet around your whole body

See your aura bathed in golden light (from above) till your aura is filled with this golden light

Now see an intense violet light surrounding your aura, sealing it into an egg like shape

It's good to practice this when not in the vicinity of negative influences initially while you get the hang of it, it should quickly become quite tangible. With practice this can become second nature and quite effortless. Oh, and when you're done, be sure to ground it by doing step one again.

Thanks EagleShen for your advice. I will try this method. My brother Birch Tree also mentioned to me recently the importance of 'grounding' your energy. The situation in which it came up was I decided (both he and I) to help a friend of mine who was going through a series of tough situations, and asked for our help. So we decided to both meditate and send this person our energy. We were successful; the person had things turn out much better than what we expected. (Of course, this is all subject to criticism as there is no scientific proof that our collective energies made a difference, but my friend swears by it.) Anyway, my brother grounded his energy, and I did not (I didn't know I was supposed to). The result was I felt really sick for a week, just tired, exhausted like I've never experienced. Is the method of grounding perhaps the same thing, or will it perform the same function? Just curious.

Best Regards,

Tree04

If meditation isn't your cup of tea, just focus on being aware of your thoughts and your actions throughout the day.

Eventually you'll come to a point where you're in the middle of a conversation and you're thinking, "whoa, hey, I'm about to tell him to eff off..... why? Because I think he's pissing me off...... why? Does it help the situation at all? If he's just a psychic vampire he's feeding off me..... how about I just not give him the satisfaction? It doesn't bother me, everyone else but him likes me, so it's not a problem with me..... it's just him...."

Then as you get better doing stuff like that, you get better at letting go, and less and less affects you.

Thank you Sloppy Zhang and Marblehead for weighing in.

I completely agree with you that being aware of your actions is very important. Usually I am guarded in speech, or I try to be, but this guy was the one person who just broke through that barrier and made me snap. That tells me that I have to increase my tolerance so I can continue to achieve right action and speech. Like you say, the better I get at doing that, the closer I get to letting go. So in a way, this is a learning experience.

Funny you mention Chi, Marblehead. I just recently was given the I Ching and have been reading it in spurts, basically when I get the chance. I've done a couple of divinations and almost always I get yin energy, rarely do I get yang. I can't wait to read more about the Chi. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Tree04

Edited by Tree04

Birch Tree,

Yeah, I wonder if the binding spell you did on the mice is the same as the one I do on manager-guy. I mean, didn't the mice die??? May not be quite the same thing:)

My binding spell is pretty simple: I concentrate on the person, and I say in my mind, "You are not allowed to harm me, you are not allowed to attack me. I bind you, I bind you, I bind you." That's pretty much it, but everytime I do it, it works. Not just on people, but anytime I feel like a low-life energy is following me around I do the same and it usually goes away within a few hours.

I hope I'm not racking up karma points for doing that because I mean the person no harm, it's just a way of keeping them from harming me. Like I said before, manager-guy still yells at everyone else, so he's still free to do as he pleases, he just can't do it to me. I never saw it as a freedom restriction before, just a defense mechanism, but you bring up a good point that even though it's effective, perhaps it would be better to just focus on my protective auric barrier.

As for doing binding spells recently, yes I do it about once every two weeks to him, but perhaps I shouldn't and just focus on the right mind/action method. Hmm, this has given me a lot to think about.

As always, I appreciate your insight. I do not work tomorrow night (Wed night) so feel free to call me. Just don't do it during Ghost Hunters (8 pm). :)

-Tree04

Edited by Tree04

Very interesting how the colors you saw in your aura correlated to those of the chakras that you felt sensation in. That's great confirmation.

I also agree with your Buddhist sayings. I believe that all conflict in this world is actually cooperation between our Higher Selves in that higher realm to teach us lessons down here. Our Higher Selves orchestrate our lessons and "growth opportunities" down here (in concert with each other), while we must navigate and surmount these challenges here. So, that Buddhist rhetoric rings particularly true. And I believe that the ultimate solution to every conflict is finding the root cause underlying it and resolving that issue within yourself. Since that is the reason they occur - to focus our attention on certain personal issues (that often repeat in our lives until we resolve them).

Very cool auric viewing though. I've only seen some white and an ancestral orb once. I would in fact like to greatly improve my energy-viewing abilities, because I think that would allow me to improve my qigong skills immensely. Because if you can see exactly what you're doing, it becomes much easier to do it right! Obviously, you and your brother were born with your higher chakras more open, you lucky bastards..

Thanks for your comments Vortex. I completely agree with your affirmations and with your views on issues: that they will repeat themselves until you learn to get past them.

I'm curious about the white you've seen and the ancestral orb. If you wish to elaborate on your experience, I'm all ears. I wonder if the white is the same as the one I've seen at the fingertips and around the skin, or was it bigger than that? And the ancestral orb, did you have a paranormal encounter with an ancestor? Sorry, I've never heard the term before.

As for being lucky bastards :) I am under the 'belief' or 'idea' that we all get there eventually. I really need to work on my lower chakras though because they don't just feel low, they feel impenatrably shut off at times, which is a major frustration to me because I don't feel whole and I know I need to work on them.

Best Regards,

Tree04

PS- Thank you moderators. It's my first post so I'm sorry for all the problems. I think I got it figured out now. Thanks for your patience with me.

Edited by Tree04

Hey sister!

Yes, you are right--all of the mice died after I cast that spell...14 died that same night and the other 8 died by the end of the week. I'm sure I'll be paying for that in my next life. I did do an offering of apology to the mice, so maybe that will burn a little of my bad karma.

As for your binding of your manager, I wouldn't see it as restricting his freedom any. Like you said, he's like an energy vampire that feeds on negativity--you don't want him feeding of your energy--that's just going to lead to him having a greater ability to feed off the energy of others and cause more harm. Indeed, I can't see that there is any harm in keeping that proverbial clove of garlic (binding spell) around your neck when you are around him. If you think about it, he still has the freedom to wreak havoc on the staff and if he has enough energy to overcome your binding (it is doubtful that he does) he still could possibly unleash his fury on you--your binding spell is just making it so he has to swim against the current if he wants to try to torment you. No freedom is lost, you've just made it much more difficult for him to feed off your energy.

I'll try to call you later tonight. I've been having some interesting third-eye experiences and would like to talk with you about them. Don't worry, I won't call during ghost hunters. :D

Later sis!

Birch Tree

My binding spell is pretty simple: I concentrate on the person, and I say in my mind, "You are not allowed to harm me, you are not allowed to attack me. I bind you, I bind you, I bind you." That's pretty much it, but everytime I do it, it works. Not just on people, but anytime I feel like a low-life energy is following me around I do the same and it usually goes away within a few hours.

I hope I'm not racking up karma points for doing that because I mean the person no harm, it's just a way of keeping them from harming me.

Actually, that sounds like a cool tip, and I doubt you'd rack up any bad karma for it.
I'm curious about the white you've seen and the ancestral orb. If you wish to elaborate on your experience, I'm all ears. I wonder if the white is the same as the one I've seen at the fingertips and around the skin, or was it bigger than that? And the ancestral orb, did you have a paranormal encounter with an ancestor? Sorry, I've never heard the term before.
Yea, the white is just the base etheric layer around the body, nothing special. I have to focus just to see that under good conditions.

I saw the ancestral orb, and also some colors, at a KAP workshop.

saw my first orb! It really shocked me because it was basically just like a small camera flash (except slightly asymmetrical) - but really that unmistakable. We're not talking some vague glow here...but a bright white sparkle flash. Clear as f'n day.
Basically, the first layer around the body is the white one. Then you have colors. Then above that in an arch above the head, you'll have ancestral orbs/spirits. Then more stuff above that, I forget what - you'd have to ask Santiago...

Just a suggestion for a tweak ;-)

"I am not going to let you harm me"

"I am not going to allow you to attack me"

Although I think there might be an issue with the use of negatives. I read that elsewhere - supposedly you can't use negatives with your unconscious mind for some reason - possibly BS - but then it would have to be:

"I am going to remain unharmed by you"

"I am going to remain unattacked by you"

And I think that's zero-karma drinks all-round;-)

I really appreciate everyone for their comments. I'd like to address them separately.

Vortex,

Thank you so much for the link! When I talked about the white layer close to the skin, I had no idea what it was! I'm so excited to have found out what it is (the Etheric layer) because I've never seen any texts or books on it so for you to show me that just confirms what I have been seeing for years! And for the link to confirm that it's the easiest layer to see, because I can see it on command; just having that validation is worth gold in my mind. I cannot wait to research this more. You have my sincere gratitude.

Kate,

I think you're right, and I like your positive approach. It infers that I have a level of control over the future but in a positive reinforcement kind of way; I like that. I am going to utilize it from now on. Thank you!

Hey Birch Tree, brother!

I like the metaphorical symbolism in your post. It reminds me of fish swimming upstream :) But I think you're right, if he is more powerful than he could overtake my binding spell, but why do so when there is plenty of game downstream? Which explains why he still attacks everyone else. Like I've said before, I would never use it for harm, just defense, so perhaps my intentions alone keep the karma police at bay.

By the way, did you read vortex's post, and click on the link? That's EXACTLY what I've been seeing! We've talked about it several times and I told you I swore I could see my aura. Well it turns out it's not all of it (base chakra) but that's what I've been seeing! I cannot wait to research this!

Tree04

Edited by Tree04

Hi, if you're not into meditation or energy work, here's a technique that will work very well for psychic defense. This is taken from the book "Practical Psychic Self-Defense from Home and Office" by Master Choa Kok Sui. ISBN 971-91106-5-1

Page 85-87

Start Quote:

WHIRLING TECHNIQUE

There are two ways of doing the "whirling the aura technique" or simply "whirling technique." In the first method, use the will and imagine the aura being whirled clockwise 12 times. The tongue must be connected to the palate when doing the whirling technique. Silently affirm, "I decree that all psychic attacks and psychic contaminants will be deflected or flushed down to the earth. So be it." Whirling the aura technique causes the psychic attack or destructive psychic energy and psychic contaminants to spin off or flush down to the earth. The effect of the whirling technique using will and imagination lasts for four to six hours or more, depending on the skill of the practitioner. This technique is very effective when one is verbally abused or psychically attacked...

Another way of doing it is by physically whirling or turning the body clockwise 12 times. The tongue must also be connected to the palate. Use the same affirmation in the first method. The physical whirling technique can be done once or twice daily. It is not as powerful and does not last as long as the one using will and imagination. Nevertheless, it is very practical and can be used as an instant form of psychic self-defense. Do not underestimate its simplicity. This technique works!

For people working in a stressful environment, the whirling technique may be applied two or three times a day as a form of psychic protection. You may use this before talking to an aggressive or nasty boss, before attending a stressful and taxing meeting, or before interacting with your estranged partner. Children may be taught this technique to protect themselves from the destructive energy generated and radiated by their parents' marital discord.

END QUOTE