~jK~

Awakening Psychic Abilities

Meditate on your reflection as you gaze into the mirror.

Meditating on your reflection on the mirror could cause an out-of-body experience as said by Master Nan Huai Chin.

I feel that discussing and encouraging siddhis only reinforces the ego and gives more opportunity to the mind to cling onto something new. Some may follow a path known as "the dark side."

Exercise caution.

Edited: typo.

Edited by durkhrod chogori

"Meditating on your reflection on the mirror " as a method of nourishing your yin-mind, without having it refined by yang-qi ,is far from any righteous way towards eternal life, so is criticized by most Taoist masters.

If it is out, I am afraid that it is difficult to call it back .

I feel that discussing and encouraging siddhis only reinforces the ego and gives more opportunity to the mind to cling onto something new. Some may follow a path known as "the dark side."

Exercise caution.

Edited: typo.

EVERYTHING could be attached to and inflate the ego. One could argue that your very post comes from the ego because you want other people to think you are "above" everyone else and not looking for special powers, that you are further along the path than everyone else! :P (that's not to say that you are or that I personally think that's what you're doing, I'm just saying).

People can be attached to being non attached.

Psychic powers can lead people down "the dark side"..... but so can knives. So what, are we just going to stop cutting our bread now???? Are we going to eat cows whole? No. We're going to use knives properly and not be enticed to use them to kill people we don't like. Same with psychic abilities.

Speaking of psychic abilities- how do these methods get us psychic abilities? :)

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

The Meditation of Tea

Nice, I stoped inattentively drinking my tea while reading that, made a point to stop and enjoy.... it was a touch cold :lol:

Guest sykkelpump

EVERYTHING could be attached to and inflate the ego. One could argue that your very post comes from the ego because you want other people to think you are "above" everyone else and not looking for special powers, that you are further along the path than everyone else! :P (that's not to say that you are or that I personally think that's what you're doing, I'm just saying).

People can be attached to being non attached.

Psychic powers can lead people down "the dark side"..... but so can knives. So what, are we just going to stop cutting our bread now???? Are we going to eat cows whole? No. We're going to use knives properly and not be enticed to use them to kill people we don't like. Same with psychic abilities.

Speaking of psychic abilities- how do these methods get us psychic abilities? :)

Enlightened masters like nan also say the same.superpowers are a side track and not what you should be looking for

So how do we get psychic abilities from these? :lol:

Everywhere you look is, "relax, follow your inner compass", etc etc, how does that jump to psychic powers?

Quick reflexes and tough hands after years of training is one thing, "psychic abilities" is another.

One of them has been recorded, replicated by others, shown to work numerous times, etc etc.

While the other has been claimed to be true by a number of people, but none of them have ever come forward and solidly shown them to work like they say they can work.

It's not that I don't believe but..... if you start a thread saying "awakening psychic abilities" I want to know how to awaken them :lol: not just relax and "follow my inner compass" :P

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

It's not that I don't believe but..... if you start a thread saying "awakening psychic abilities" I want to know how to awaken them :lol: not just relax and "follow my inner compass" :P

Pretty much any traditional method, with consistent and disciplined practice will show some "superpower side effects" over time.

Superpowers - I don't think so...

Normal functions of survival?

Maybe yes.

Exactly they only seem special because not many people bother to practice.

I read this last night. Really rough paraphrase from Chia talking about the microcosmic orbit.

In older times when there was no TV once it was dark people couldn't roam about at night, it was dangerous. If they couldn't sleep they would sit quietly. Over time they noticed that as their thoughts calmed down and their mind became tranquil they could feel sensations moving in their body. Over time these sensations would follow discernible paths.

• Like 1

No sense in repeating.

Edited by ~jK~

As well i as being

out of Feng Shui

I't is a Chinese style

designed to add structure,

as in archetecture, to the words.

You guys are goofy to come to a website

designed to study Chinese styles and expect it to be 100% English style !

But then again - your content is a style called "Spank the Monkey on keyboard! "

It seems that you haven't reached the age to know enough about nature to find a real girl.

I'll bet you have wet dreams to: 1234567890 @#$%^&* (!) qwerty uiop asd fghjkl zxcvb nm :blink:

egotistical hostile insecurity much? :lol:

Where Buddhism connects Taoist meditation?

Buddhism is the mental health clinic of Asia.

As such it will clear your mind of guilts etc.

So you can achieve empty mind of theTao.

http://www.amtbweb.org/tchquote.php

Edited by ~jK~