Sign in to follow this  
mewtwo

Imagining yourself surounded by chi/eating it?

So I am kind of creating my own chi gung/hidden martial art based on the movements of a lion. And one of the movements is taking a bite of air/chi and i was wondering is that a safe move? Also is imagining yourself surounded by chi and plucking it from the air and putting it into your body harmful in any way?

Edited by mewtwo

I have answered my own question. The food you eat has chi in it and you are surounded by chi all the time.

Mewtwo,

Sounds like a cool move to do. :)

And putting qi into the body with the hands is done in many qigong forms...they also have things like removing bad qi. Check out "wild goose qigong" for inspiration.

I've made and eaten qi food before.

Was really craving a burger, hadn't had a good one in a long time......

So I sat there and focused, held the image of it in my mind, felt it in my hands, smelled it, handled it like it was really there, and ate it like it was really there.....

I felt full and no longer craved a burger :lol:

I have answered my own question. The food you eat has chi in it and you are surounded by chi all the time.

Hehehe. Good thing I read this post before responding to your first post.

Yes, Chi is the energy of the universe and it permeates all things. Not only are you surrounded by Chi but it is constantly passing through you. And yes, this Chi can be incorporated with our personal Chi thereby making use of a small portion of the energy of the universe.

Happy Trails!

I've made and eaten qi food before.

Was really craving a burger, hadn't had a good one in a long time......

So I sat there and focused, held the image of it in my mind, felt it in my hands, smelled it, handled it like it was really there, and ate it like it was really there.....

I felt full and no longer craved a burger :lol:

Hehehe. I think this post belongs over in that thread about delusions.

Happy Trails!

Mewtwo,

Sounds like a cool move to do. :)

And putting qi into the body with the hands is done in many qigong forms...they also have things like removing bad qi. Check out "wild goose qigong" for inspiration.

Hi Scotty,

I would like to suggest that there is no such thing as 'bad' Chi. However, I will agree that the polarity of our present Chi (Yin and Yang) may not serve us well at a given point in time and therefore we need to bring the polarity to a harmonious state so that we can achieve whatever it is we are concerned with at the moment.

Happy Trails!

Sign in to follow this