Sign in to follow this  
Marblehead

Taoist Philosophy

Marblehead,

This is interesting. With all due respect, I would like to know if the commentary on Chapter 6 is: 1) your own, 2) a more or less objective, academic style interpretation, or, 3) a more subjective, perhaps inspired, interpretation.

Thanks.

Marblehead,

This is interesting. With all due respect, I would like to know if the commentary on Chapter 6 is: 1) your own, 2) a more or less objective, academic style interpretation, or, 3) a more subjective, perhaps inspired, interpretation.

Thanks.

He Easy,

All I can say for certain is that it is not my work. It is not my style of writing. When I was putting this together I used maybe ten different sources. I was a student at UNF (North Florida) so I had access to many resources. I have, on many occasions, regretted that I did not compile this with proper noting and credits but at the time of doing it I intended it to be a work as a personal project with no intention of putting it out to the public.

I will say that it is almost certain that it was a note to one of the Tao Te Ching chapters by the translator.

Happy Trails!

He Easy,

All I can say for certain is that it is not my work. It is not my style of writing. When I was putting this together I used maybe ten different sources. I was a student at UNF (North Florida) so I had access to many resources. I have, on many occasions, regretted that I did not compile this with proper noting and credits but at the time of doing it I intended it to be a work as a personal project with no intention of putting it out to the public.

I will say that it is almost certain that it was a note to one of the Tao Te Ching chapters by the translator.

Happy Trails!

Thanks again. Just wondering for now but maybe a comment of my own later if time permits.

Easy

I am so glad MB is taking the time to post these chapters. I don't own a copy of Tao te Ching so this is very helpful. :)

Thanks Serene. But remember, the structure of what I am presenting is in no way traditional. You cannot take my Chapter 6 and compare it with any 'true' translation of Chapter 6 of the TTC. It just won't work.

What I am presenting is based on the themes within the TTC as I understand them.

Happy Trails!

Sign in to follow this