Old Man Contradiction

Any outdoorsmen (or women) here?

Just curious, do you like hiking, camping, fishing etc.. ?

I just started fishing lately, and am going to start hiking before the weather goes bad. It seems like experiencing the Great Outdoors is a good way to get grounded.

Edited by Old Man Contradiction

Outdoors-woman here, I've been camping and hiking my whole life. When we moved to Europe when I was a kid my folks didn't have much money, so they bought an old VW mini bus, filled it with surplus camping equipment, and off we went. We had the GREAT fortune of seeing Europe for four years from that bus. When we came back to the States we continued the pattern here.

I love the outdoors! I used to go fishing all the time. After I built my fish pond and started keeping fish I just couldn't find it in my heart to go out and kill fish when I was spending a lot of time trying to keep mine alive and healthy.

Haven't been out camping for a long time. I guess I just got tired of it.

Happy Trails!

That was one big thing I loved about my trip to Juneau last year - 40 miles of roads, 120 miles of hiking trails...and that doesnt include going on the glaciers :D

Yup :D

6488_1105899844567_1138890192_30267840_2717300_n.jpg

Frodo Lives!!

Nature and the outdoors really go with Taoist and energetic practices. Doing Zhan-Zhuang on a boulder, especially a very large one, is a very different and wonderful energetic experience.

Also, extended time spent in the outdoors is essential. 5-7 days or more away from "civilization" = sanity,

while life in society = insanity.

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth