Sign in to follow this  
Bum Grasshopper

Hurray for Australian Prime Minester Rudd!

I wish Obama would grow a set of gonads like this guy.

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, Rudd angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

As an aussie I have to say Rudd is a better Prime Minister then Howard but I am still not sold he is great for this country, a couple of weeks ago in Parliament he used the terms "New World Order" and "Global Government",

this is very worrying in my opinion. I also don't like the term Christian beliefs/values, Australia is meant to be a secular society with freedom to practice and believe in any religion you choose too.

Edited by DanC

That's not the issue, a fascist country really needs internal enemies to make it work smoothly so they are most welcome in the US. Maybe Rudd is setting the stage for the same thing?

Edited by New Dawn Fades

I agree with Rudd 100%!

New world order, Rudd would have some connections to a society like all other presidents and leaders around the globe.

Ape

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, Rudd angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

I wanted to use the clapping smiley face but couldn`t find it. Just imagine about 20 such clapping smiely faces and you will know what I think of Rudds satement.

first they start getting real about AGW, now this. *applauds* some cant do that around here simply to hold up images.

Wasn't Australia founded as a prison colony?

An interesting viewpoint, although given what's been happening in europe where immigrants are trying to force the laws of the lands they left upon the established civilization there, this standing up and saying we're not going to bend over backwards to please everybody is entirely appropriate here. I'm not sure where you're getting "one form of fundamentalism over another" - that's painting fundamentalism with such a wide brush that its certainly covering where inappropriate. That of course doesnt excuse past treatment of indians, aborigines, etc, but the world is a different place these days and extrapolating these ideas arbitrarily far backward in time is a bit much.

Edited by joeblast

Uh, if these branches were founded by Semites (Jews & Arabs)...I find it a bit of an odd stretch for Russell to label them "Oriental despotisms." :huh:

Anyhow, I think it would be fair play for immigration policy to be driven by reciprocity.

For example, if a country does not tolerate foreign cultures in its own, then it would only be fair for others not to tolerate those cultures in theirs, either. I think this would include many of the Semitic (Arab & Jewish) countries - who do not tolerate foreign cultures in their own.Of course, the wholescale destruction & desecration of various native cultures under Anglo "manifest destiny"...doesn't leave them with much moral ground to stand on in regards to this issue. "I'm sick & tired of you doing...what we did to everyone else!" is just not the best argument. :lol:

Imagine how all the natives must have felt...not only getting their traditions trampled over, but land & women taken & men killed off...

"The whole concept of God is a concection derived from the ancient Oriental despotisms. It is a concept quite unworthy of free men." Lecture: Why I am not a Christian. March 6, 1927.

The orient also means "the east" and it did so in 1927. I'll try to improve my citation practice.

I support Muslim religion 100% like any other religions and spiritual practices.

What I do not support is "human idiocy" and political propaganda. We have too much of it in our current world.

Keep meditating.

حالة حبّ وسلا

Sign in to follow this