Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Daoist, Russian Alchemists...

Yeah man, it looks cool as hell. Talk to tummoessence, he can tell you lots I'm sure. He's been around the block and I think he's helping organize the Tui Shou seminar in his neck of the woods up in Sacramento. You could probably peep the Chicago one without a huge journey.

I have the book and dvd from this group and they are incredible. Oleg Tcherne the author of the book is very knowledgable and I get a clear sense that there is not a lot of ego in his presentation. Also they are not stingy with the information. They have quite a few books planned and more dvds. Sexual practice, ba gua, and more push hand video in the series started with the present one. The problem is in how to get them here when you order them. We are looking at us distribution but now you have to have them sent from St Petersberg. And its ground post two months at least unless you can spring 50.00 for the fed ex. The dvds are in PAL format and you need an all format player to look at their stuff but well worth it since you can buy one for $25.00 Both the book and the dvds are produced in high quality both artistically and technically.

I will see if I can get permission from them to post a clip of an opening the vessels of the feet chi kung video that I have, as well as something from the book.

There has not been a lot of expressed interest in this workshop and since we have to plan this pretty far in advance we may have to cancel for now. We may try to plan something far in advance in the form of a camp in the moutains that might be a week long. We shall see.

tumoessence... can you tell me more about the courses?

Next year in May there is this Karma Yoga seminar... and short after the Dao basic retreat or something... can you recommend anything... which steps to take etc.?

thankx much in advance

Harry

hey ya'll,

you might ask Roman about this stuff. he just hung his hat & coat in the lobbly & works for this organization.

I checked out thier website & the stuff looks very cool. I notice an interesting pattern there of the alchemy practices equating "karma" with prenatal qi. i guess that is one way of looking at it. lesser kan & li has a practice to collect your "shadow side" and dissolve it back to the pre-natal. seems maybe a similar practice.

a note on the dvd's. i know the n. america mac quicktime player will play pal discs as long as the have no region codes. seemed most of Oleg's books are in russian but everything on the site looks cool.

any review of material from this organization would be nice.

qi :-)

Jeremiah,

I was mostly attracted by a complete teaching on push hands practice, which is hard to come by. They offer it as an alchemical practice, jing to chi, to shen to emptiness transformations. Since only one book in the series is out it is hard to say how it will be practiced at the advanced levels. The first book deals with concentration and qi gong exercises using push hand patterns done solo. Then there ar exercises with a heavy ball and with a long staff to develop short and long force which is already intensifying and expressing jin, internal power. The book and dvd are really practice oriented and the first book already goes pretty deep and in detail. I am sure this will continue in the coming offerings. There is also a dvd on self massage which like tai chi chuan is lead from the movement of the dan tien. It works on opening the major vessels of the body or in this case major points.

Both the book and the dvds are very well produced, and are great for self teaching. If I could manage it I would be off to South America for the daoist camp.

Sorry it took me so long to reply to your request.

Sign in to follow this