Sign in to follow this  
awake

What do your feelings really say?

I hope someone can help me with this quickly, I don't have much time to make this decision.

I left university for one year, cause logically it was the best option for me.

But it feels like shit, not to be there. Even though logically this is what is better for me.

I think I will be more prepared for every aspect of university by taking a year off - this year, I'm just not ready to take full (or even a satisfactory amount of) advantage of anything that's there.

Yet I still feel like shit for leaving.

Is this attachment, is it something I should follow, despite knowing I will not do as well this year? (for various reasons, I think they're valid - preconceptions, other projects on my mind, don't value or appreciate the experience, the list goes on, including some external circumstances which are of lesser importance)

Thanks if you can lend some help.

Edited by awake

I hope someone can help me with this quickly, I don't have much time to make this decision.

But it feels like shit, not to be there. Even though logically this is what is better for me.

I think I will be more prepared for every aspect of university by taking a year off - this year, I'm just not ready to take full (or even a satisfactory amount of) advantage of anything that's there.

Is this attachment, is it something I should follow, despite knowing I will not do as well this year? (for various reasons, I think they're valid - preconceptions, other projects on my mind, don't value or appreciate the experience, the list goes on, including some external circumstances which are of lesser importance)

I think it probably is some form of attachment. You apparently had choices so I think you are messing with that "What if" trick. We can't go back. Just accept the decision you made and get on with whatever it was that led you to not continue school at this point in time.

You can always start back next semister if you keep punishing yourself for not staying in your program.

Best Wishes.

Happy Trails!

What feels right?

This may sound corny but it's something meaningful (to me at least) that I got out of reading Carlos Castaneda many years ago -

What would you decide if it were the last thing you could do before your life ended?

One feels all sorts of things all the time that does not tell you what to do. Feeling guilty when you should not feeling that you deserve to sleep with the hotie from work because sex with the wife is rare these days etc. These are not good reasons to act despite that one might feel these things and only think that following them are wrong. So in this regard it is not correct that youre feelings always nows best and should be listened to. What I think is realy meant by this is that you need to not just check what you are feeling in general but what you feel in your GUT. What do you specificly feel in the stomach area/dan tien area/navel. This is were the intuitiv feelings that know better than your brain manifest. Ones ordinary feelings can be everywhere in the body and what you are actualy listening to right now might just be more sort of "brainfeelings" than your intuition.

Secondly, I also think there is a need for depth of listening. It is not only about listening to your got, but listening deeply and HONESTLY so that one can sort through surface level feelings and impulses and listen deeply. I also think that the heart needs to be involved somehow but not in isolation from the gut.

Just my two norwegian kroner

Sign in to follow this