Sign in to follow this  
Trunk

SQL error:...more than 'max_user_connections'

I've been getting the below error the last few days, every so often.. usually when trying to access a thread.

SQL error: User taobums_dbuser already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

SQL error code:

Date: Monday 28th 2009f September 2009 09:32:36 AM

I've been getting that for a while, and quite a bit in the last few days. Mentioned it in passing in email to Sean last night.

We either need to be less popular (too many people accessing the database) or........ I'm not sure what the fix would be. Not sure if it's software or hardware bottleneck.

I've been getting the below error the last few days, every so often.. usually when trying to access a thread.

SQL error: User taobums_dbuser already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

SQL error code:

Date: Monday 28th 2009f September 2009 09:32:36 AM

No way to really counter it other than changing software or moving to a more expensive account.

It was an attack on a few forums that would fake multiple connections to the webserver.

So if you have Mozilla FireFox settings for more then 8, set "network.http.pipelining.maxrequests" to no more then 8. If you have your mozilla set to, let's say 30, it will open 30 threads at the same time and you will be overloading the server.

I hope Sean reports this issue to the forum server because it is a mysql internal problem. It has got nothing to do with either him or us (forum browsers).

I hope Sean reports this issue to the forum server because it is a mysql internal problem. It has got nothing to do with either him or us (forum browsers).

Has anyone received this error recently? Please let me know, yeah this is serious, I'll have to look into this.

Sean

Ok, I raised the max number of connections significantly. Please let me know if you get this error again and I'll raise it even more.

Thanks!

Sean

I have been experiencing lots of problems trying to access the site:

1. Slow loading

2. Sometimes messages don't get posted, they come up with an error message.

Is the server overloaded?

Cheers.

Sign in to follow this