karen

Hi all

Nice energy here, Sean, thanks and hi to all. Usually I can chat up a storm about all things related to healing, but of course now I'm at a loss for words ..

I did want to post in the thread about herbs for injury, because I have a few ideas, so I'll zip over there..

Mainly my interest is in what works in a practical way, having been on a rather intense self-healing trip for a lot of years.

See ya,

Karen

Great to see you hear Karen! Welcome to The Tao Bums. I'd been meaning to write you and tell you that I dabbled with EFT and found it a cool technique I want to play with more, so thanks for the info on that, I really appreciate it.

People, Karen is an amazing healer who has been through the trenches and back. If you (or someone you know) is looking for a wise, caring soul to help you develop a simple, gentle and effective diet and lifestyle plan tailored for individual needs to holistically support healing of all sorts of issues ... stubborn, complicated stuff like fatigue and allergies, compulsions, sleep disorders, anxieties and a ton more check out her website and shoot her an email. She's a lovely person, for real. :)

Sean

Well gee, I guess I get a lesson in hearing praise, how cool ;-)

I had beeng writing a long reply which went poof, so this will be more concise.. for now! Thanks for such a warm welcome, and to Sean, for being so kind to promote my little corner of the web.

Actually my intention is to offer lots of free original articles and cream-of-the-crop links, as a place to present the work I've developed, and that energy naturally wants to move outward and interact with others.

I also promote a treatment method (that I'm not a practitoner of myself -- yet!), just because it's proved its brilliance in my life.. and that is the Heilkunst medical system. That's the complete medical system developed by Dr. Samuel Hahnemann, who's known as the founder of homeopathy, but really homeopathic medicine is a more specific subset of that.

(And this Dynamic school of thought is connected with the work of Steiner, Reich, Goethe and others, very interesting stuff to say the least).

My own success with Heilkunst treatment was so dramatic, having lived with a serious condition my whole adult life that wouldn't budge with every other treatment I threw at it. So my website sort of grew organically out of that experience.

I refer people there for treatment, if it strikes a chord. But in any case, there are always a multitude of issues of coordinating things, and a lot of decisions that people need to make for themselves.. ideally with a little guidance from someone who's been down that road and can cut through some of the complication.

For so many years I used to go to one practitioner after another, all under the vague rubric of "holistic healing".. but really no one was helping me assess my whole situation, but they would pull out whatever tools they had in their toolkit (the ones they invested a lot of education in, usually), not stepping back to look critically at what I really needed and help me pull everything together.

I always knew that something was wrong with that, but didn't know where else to turn. So I kind of became the guidance I needed :-).

Anyway, enough about me. I'd like to spend some time here learning more about Taoism, as I've only dabbled over the years. I was initiated into the Radha soami (Sant Mat) tradition back in '86, although have moved away from that, trusting that these things are unfolding in the right way.

Cheers,

Karen

Sean, one more thing about EFT..

Funny thing about that, that it's taught with vague reference to acupuncture points, not that anything about TCM is taught in conjunction with EFT training, but just that the method involves gentle tapping on particular acupuncture points.

Well, after my training as a hypnotherapist, it seemed clear that EFT is really a kind of trance induction, and probably works from that point of view too, whether you get the right points or not ;)

So when I teach it to people, I simplify it tremendously, as simplicity is generally appreciated. Otherwise, a lot of people seem to get turned off by the writing style of the official manual, which makes it seem more complicated than it is.

My approach to a lot of things in life seems to be "Oh, you can just leave that out."... (works in guitar playing too ;-)

I find EFT immensely useful in all sort of situations, and I'm glad to hear you're digging it.

Karen

hi Karen,

Yay, more healers on thetaobums!!! It was interesting reading your description of your studies...I've found a similar thing... I've studied with a wide variety of herbalists and healers, but it was only when I started to incorporate TCM diagnostic tools that I felt I was really getting the "whole picture." There is so much there, from diet to acupressure points to physical exercises, sounds, emotional issues and of course herbs that I feel like it combines together beautifully. Anyways, I'm looking forward to hearing more about your experiences!!

Blessings,

Lozen

Nice website! Taobums is moving up in the world--good to have you here!

-Yoda

Funny thing about that, that it's taught with vague reference to acupuncture points, not that anything about TCM is taught in conjunction with EFT training, but just that the method involves gentle tapping on particular acupuncture points.

Well, after my training as a hypnotherapist, it seemed clear that EFT is really a kind of trance induction, and probably works from that point of view too, whether you get the right points or not  ;)

9490[/snapback]

Karen, it's funny you should bring this up. I also have a background in hypnotherapy and the first time I ever experimented with EFT was from that perspective and I didn't get a whole lot out of it from that frame. I guess I kind of thought, ok this is a trance induction with unnecessary TCM references and I'm aware of that so why not skip the spiritual trappings and just do an regular induction? Now that I've gone through some Taoist training and have a much deeper felt sense of my energetic body, meridians, accupoints, etc. EFT felt much more effective ... like a very simple way to balance the energetics around an issue.

Thought you might enjoy hearing my experience on the other side of the coin on this one.

Sean

Great stuff here... and thanks Sean for that insight which got me to thinking about my own use of EFT.. For me, EFT really kicked off when I focused on its use of the Law of Similars, since that functional polarity of opposites and similars that Dr. Hahnemann described is one that I tend to use as a framework for understanding things.

The way EFT states the problem seems like the homeopathic remedy that provides a similar frequency and thereby extinguishes the original "disease entity" (false thought) via resonance. Seems to be a simple do-it-yourself form of Ericksonian "pacing", which then allows the person to "lead" themselves in their own best way.

So interesting how different people integrate these things differently. I tend to use a stream-of-consciousness method with EFT, where I'll just start talking until the more resourceful insights bubble up.

(Also I think I'll try that "leaning away" method on someone just for fun :-)

-Karen