Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

Can anyone do a one arm one leg pushup?

I am far from the strongest dude on dragondoor but I'm sensing that I can clean up around here! I can tell this White Skeleton Meditation is going to make me a very strong mofo so I'm wondering what strength feat I should keep my eyes on. I was never quite able to do a one arm pull up so that comes to mind, but I'm not convinced that WSM alone will do the trick by itself. Maybe I will just up my one arm/one leg pushup reps.

-Yoda 8)

Ron, what are your pet feats? I've gotten within 15# of a one arm pullup at 185# but shelved the project, and I can do a pistol with 72#, 30 pullups with crappy form and am good for doubles on the one arm/one leg "Pavel Pushup". How many reps on the Pavel pushup are you good for? Are you working on any strength goals?

-Yoda

That comes naturally--I sometimes do it by accident.

I also used to work on the one arm pull-ups but had to shelve them because the energy is better spent on other things.

My current goal is the pistol. I do airborne lunges about 15 per leg and eventually I will crack the pistol.

One-arm hindu pushups are really hard, so maybe that could be a decent goal for you?

At least for me, Pavel pushups are harder than one arm hindus. thanks for the suggestion--they are great as well. I'd love to do the one arm pullup but it seems to really go through that jing more than all the one arm type pushups and pistols. I'm thinking of dogging this White Skeleton practice for awhile and then check in to see if one arm pull up training is any easier as I'd love to do them if the cost is reasonable. I'm loving it that White Skeleton pays off in several dimensions!

As for those airbornes... Pavel says to keep your reps at five or less when training for pure strength to keep the energy cost to a minimum. If you can do 15 reps start doing them on a stool to go deeper to go to a comfortable 5 rep max per set.

Also, pistol training and one arm pushup training seems to give more energy back than one arm pullup training. Not quite sure why, but that's a consideration.

I REALY HAVE BEEN AN AMMATEUR BOXER FOR 25+ YEARS, ON A SIDE I DO SOME WEIGHTS N SOME RUNNIN, N DA LAST FEW YEARS I HAVE BEEN LEARNIN SOME MUAY THAI. I SPEND MOST O DA WORKOUT SPARRIN THOU SO I AM NOT A POWER LIFTER OR STRENGTH DUDE.

ALSO, I FEEL THAT LIFTIN HUGE WEIGHTS IS NOT HEALTHY IN DA LONG RUN. I LIKE MORE DA EFFECT O PUMPON DA BLOOD, LIKE 8-15 REPS, RATHER THAN DA 1-4 REPS FOR MAXIMUM STRENGTH. AS YA GET OLDER, THAT JUST DONT AGGREE WITH YER TENDONS TOO MUCH. ESPECIALLY WHEN YA HAVE OLD INJURIES.

MY FAVOURITE SHOW OFF FEAT IS WHEN IN DA SHOWER O DA GYM, TO SWALLOW A GULP O CHI N PUSH IT INTO MY SALAMI N GET A HARD ON IN LESS THAN 1 MIN. GUYS MUCH YOUNGER THAN ME CANT DO THAT!!

BYE NOW

RJ

Your attainments are impressive as usual! Here's a crowd pleaser that I learned from you--just chug your pee! I've been gladdened by the responses I get from even from just talking about it--but the locker room really is the place for it. Pick a victim and dare them into it if you do it first. Let Yoda know how it goes!

-Yoda 8)

Your attainments are impressive as usual! Here's a crowd pleaser that I learned from you--just chug your pee! I've been gladdened by the responses I get from even from just talking about it--but the locker room really is the place for it. Pick a victim and dare them into it if you do it first. Let Yoda know how it goes!

-Yoda 8)

JUST MAKE SURE THAT LOCKER ROOM AINT NO *GAY* ROOM!

I REALY MISS DA OLDEN DAYS WHEN YA COULD HANG WITH A CROWD O HETTERO MALES N COULD MAKE JOKES ABOUT SALAMIS WITHOUT ANYONE TRYIN TO GRAB *YERS*. NOWADAYS, CHANCES BE 30% TO 80% O MALES ARE GAY OR BI DEPPENDIN ON WHERE YA LIVE, SO IT'S MORE ADVISABLE TO PERFORM RONNIETSU'S LOCKERROOM FEAT IN FRONT O YER SPOUSE IF YA BE NOT INTO POLESMOKIN.

TAKE CARE MY FRIEND N, HAPPY THANKSGIVIN!!!

RONNIETSU MAHALINGAM

I used to be able to do a 1-arm pull-up.

Basically, you have to be able to first do a pull-up or lat pull-down with twice your bodyweight. I was around 155 at the time, so that was about 310 lbs.

In my 20's I could do 1 arm pull-ups with both arms, and 1 arm push-ups on my right arm...

not so much in the past 20 years or so...

Sign in to follow this