Cookie Monster

Lucid dreaming, OOBs and karma

There's a website called ld4all and on their forum a topic of "police in lucid dreams" came up.

A large number of dreamers on that board had encountered "police" in their lucid dreams. Like they would become lucid, and say, go around and have sex with people they met in their dreams. Sometimes these people would resist and the dreamer would say, "well you're part of my dream I can do what I want with you." And when they did that police came and "arrested" them.

They were told they can't just go around doing stuff like that. When they tried to lucidly get away (by flying, teleportation, etc) they couldn't. Others could get away, others were told by other figures in their dreams.

But generally speaking, almost everyone in the thread had run into some type of conflict with the rules because of what they were doing. Maybe it's just their own mind saying you shouldn't do it. Maybe it's spirits trying to tell you something. Maybe it's your own admission of karma. I dunno.

The point I guess is that, on some level, even if it's just us doing it, we are all held responsible for stuff eventually.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

i considered lucid dreaming just a few days ago. imho, for me the point of paying serious attention to dreaming is to have an honest and open true dialogue with the unconscious. and i think deliberate lucid dreaming, besides being fine entertainment to masturbate the mind with, basically would mostly be an exercise of my ego clinging to its prejudices by repressing the voices of the unconscious....ego is lordly enough already. i want to discover how the different personalities sharing my psyche are feeling from their perspective, not how my ego sees things. if i am going to repress anything, i repress my ego. imho.

There's a website called ld4all and on their forum a topic of "police in lucid dreams" came up.

A large number of dreamers on that board had encountered "police" in their lucid dreams. Like they would become lucid, and say, go around and have sex with people they met in their dreams. Sometimes these people would resist and the dreamer would say, "well you're part of my dream I can do what I want with you." And when they did that police came and "arrested" them.

They were told they can't just go around doing stuff like that. When they tried to lucidly get away (by flying, teleportation, etc) they couldn't. Others could get away, others were told by other figures in their dreams.

But generally speaking, almost everyone in the thread had run into some type of conflict with the rules because of what they were doing. Maybe it's just their own mind saying you shouldn't do it. Maybe it's spirits trying to tell you something. Maybe it's your own admission of karma. I dunno.

The point I guess is that, on some level, even if it's just us doing it, we are all held responsible for stuff eventually.

That's hilarious! The dream police! Possibly true though, I never had that happen before, other peoples inner body is doing its own thing on that plane that physically people are not aware of down here. They do have their own will and likes and dislikes still, so it's still quite possible if they don't want to have 'naughtyness' with you they will say so, I don't know about the dream police, I never forced the issue.

And I would like to make a contention with this term 'lucid dreaming' as the topic is partly called. It has always seemed to me a cop out(cop, no pun intended)for people who don't quite believe it's possible. If you wanna call stuff 'lucid dreaming' you can, but when you transfer your consciousness to your inner body it's OOB. When you sleep your inner body is out mucking about anyway, your consciousness just has not been transfered, OOBE/astral projection is simply placing it where you want it. Taoist practice includes that, as does the western esoteric tradition. Call it what you will due to shyness and worrying people will say your crazy.

I highly recommend the book 'The Art and Practice Of Astral Projection' by ophiel. There are few better on the subject of 'how' to do it. A lot of other books are just talk, one well known one by Sylvan and Muldoon(2 writers), if my memory serves me correct, is an outright fake, yet it is very well know.

Lucid dreaming and Astral projection do seem to be the best ways for discovering your reality.

I actually just started seriously recording my dreams every night after I was doing it and stopped for awhile..which is why I haven't became lucid yet.

As for astral projection..well..I still have much work to do..

No wonder with so many TV police series: CSI:Miami, CSI:NY, Cold case, Law & Order:SVU, Law& Order:CI, there is even Law & Order:UK.... :huh: I wonder what is the purpose of such evident mass manipulation

'The Art and Practice Of Astral Projection' by Ophiel.

Great book. Unfortunately I lent mine, to the owner of an occult bookstore no less, and it was never returned :(

Great book. Unfortunately I lent mine, to the owner of an occult bookstore no less, and it was never returned :(

I have the pdf Mal if you want it. My brother pinched mine and likewise, it was never seen again. Perhaps both our books achieved 'beautific raptures' and ascended from this plane.

I've had OBE's by accident.. Lucid dreams you just have to really get once.. Then there much easier.

Actually a few days ago someone sent me this link.. It's actually really good lol I like it.

It's pretty straight foward.. You can choose this or the methods you have now pretty much.

http://www.youtube.com/user/LucidDreamTricks

Perhaps both our books achieved 'beautific raptures' and ascended from this plane.

I would like to think they went to a better place. Mine appeared to me out of a pile of book in a 2nd hand bookfest

Actually looking for this image

apcover.gif

(I remembered something like an eye test on the cover)

and I found this link

Look like they ascended to the internet B)

I've had OBE's by accident.. Lucid dreams you just have to really get once.. Then there much easier.

Actually a few days ago someone sent me this link.. It's actually really good lol I like it.

It's pretty straight foward.. You can choose this or the methods you have now pretty much.

http://www.youtube.com/user/LucidDreamTricks

NeiChuan,

Thanks for the link - I would say this guy knows what he is talking about. I have never really focused on LD - just do it occasionally - and I can relate to what he saying. (I've only watched 2 vids so far though).

A.

I would like to think they went to a better place. Mine appeared to me out of a pile of book in a 2nd hand bookfest

Look like they ascended to the internet B)

Ya, that's the one, back cover the same but with no black outline around the colors. Quite iconic really. He(Ophiel)was actually the esoteric book publisher Samuel Wieser. It's a bit off topic but did you read any of the others he wrote under the name Ophiel?

No that was the only one that ever crossed my path, although I did check him out on the 'net' (that was back in the 90's)

After psychology at Uni I was heavily into the occult and ceremonial magic stuff for many years, lots of interesting stuff out there in the western tradition. But like you mentioned in the J2W thread also lots of ritual for rituals sake.

I really pursued Lucid dreaming for a while but interestingly enough once I read about sleep paralysis I started to experience it and not being able to breath scared me off for a long time. It's funny the influence of what we "know" it was never a problem before that and I just never seem to have gotten back into it.

I got Robert Bruce's Mastering Astral Projection a few years back and while it's a great workbook you do have to devote time to the course and I just never managed to do that.

I still do reality checks now and then :lol: but not often enough to attempt and notice the results in dreams...... but I usually seem to be distracted by a pretty lady or some other interesting adventure B)

For lucid dreaming a few things that work : Certainty - Being sure you will before you sleep.

Another is imagining your in a dream already but full on and your trying to wake up (sleep).

I really pursued Lucid dreaming for a while but interestingly enough once I read about sleep paralysis I started to experience it and not being able to breath scared me off for a long time. It's funny the influence of what we "know" it was never a problem before that and I just never seem to have gotten back into it.

Ya, they say the sleep paralysis thing is the one body out of alignment with the physical, not quite out and not quite in. I don't really know, I still have it from time to time though. Although I must say I never had the not being able to breathe thing, that would freak me out. Having said that other not so nice bizarre things have occurred in that state. One way or another it's not much fun.

No shit? I think this is hilarious! :lol::lol::lol:

I fucked countless women upon women in my dreams. I've never had any police. I go anywhere and the first woman that shows up is beautiful and I fuck her immediately, even in the bus or anywhere whatsoever. There may be others there or no others it doesn't matter one bit. What's interesting is that in my dreams if I want to fuck someone, they automagically want to fuck me too, so it's magically always mutual. Almost always. I think there has been one exception.

I haven't dreamt of police at all. Now that you mention it though, I wouldn't be surprised if I started dreaming of some police too. I wonder how I shall cook them in my dreams? Shall I boil them? Shall I ice them? Shall I transport them into space? Embed them into my body? Embed myself into their bodies? The possibilities are endless. Good old flying away works too. I could also become a ghost/invisible, whatever. If you can imagine it, I can do it in a lucid dream.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the idea of life itself being a lucid dream?

Yes. I think that's exactly what life is, except it's not lucid. Most of the time we spend in waking consciousness we don't think, "I am dreaming", thus we are not lucid. We are actually asleep. If you erase the boundary between dreams and waking, then you have a different kind of life. This can be a scary thought though.

No shit? I think this is hilarious! :lol::lol::lol:

I haven't dreamt of police at all. Now that you mention it though, I wouldn't be surprised if I started dreaming of some police too. I wonder how I shall cook them in my dreams? Shall I boil them? Shall I ice them? Shall I transport them into space? Embed them into my body? Embed myself into their bodies? can do it in a lucid dream.

Well, obviously you should make sure they are female police, hot female police, then you can haggle, "well ok I'm not allowed to bone her, but ya gotta give a guy something!" I think they'll only be too pleased.

I have both Lucidology 101 and 102. I almost had success once at it as far as the trance state and heavy vibrating. I literally felt like one big giant guitar string that someone plucked very hard. When they talk about vibrations it's a real, physical thing that's felt. Not something that's just a mind game only. Every other time I fail at it because "the itchies" (aka cobwebs) sensation gets very bad. Actually I have a similar problem during meditation but don't worry about it there as much since you aren't told to not scratch if you itch during meditation.

I quit after a while because I started getting into KAP and it just seemed like I already have so much on my plate with KAP I didn't want to divide my time on two different things.

I posted a while back on the Lucidology boards. There was an argument as to whether sleep paralysis is necessary to have a lucid dream or OBE.

Once I have a final routine to do everyday with KAP and have spent enough time with it (probably at least 6 months to a year minimum) then I'd like to see about practicing the Lucidology techniques again.