ramus

opinion about David Shen and his practice.

I want to say:

don't give more power to this person, he is not a monk, he is just doing energy building, it's just a form of body building! And the spiritual devlopment is the same of a body builder!

So if you are searching for power and no awarness........this is the right way!

you will more power and, in this way, a new.......great......problem, for you and your friends.

David has power but, I saw, not a good spiritual level that can control this power......

Any way I can say something more if you want.

Hi ramus.

Welcome to the forum. You have posted this in the lending library section. If you want more people to see it you should post it in the discussion forum. But know that DV is a controversy-provoking figure around here so do this only if you think it is best.

I have had an off and on interest in his, so I for one would like to discuss it a bit. I have only read what others have said and what is on his site though, so the following could be completely off base.

His Xing Shen Zhuang is apparently a really good way to do what it is supposed to do: the "regulating the body" phase which prepares the adept for sitting meditation, but can also be used as a really good qigong form because it opens up all the joints, fascia, channels, etc.

The form he uses to develop create the dantien is Sheng Zheng Gong, which seems to be entirely based upon stillness meditation. I don't know the details, but it surprises me that a practice that tries to dissolve the mind produces power but no awareness.

I can definitely see some of the neigong stuff producing power but no awareness. This uses empty force breath to fill the dan tien, right? But you are supposed to do SZG for a while before starting this, so...

Anyway, it has always seemed to me that DV is someone who spent most of his life pursuing power, and as such is not enlightened and is not someone you would go to to get enlightened. But from the bit I have been able to gather, it seems that XSZ and SZG are good practices to enter the gate and lay the foundation. Now he claims to be able to enlighten you with his Miao Tong Dao transmission, which admittedly sounds really cool but VERY suspicious, as do all "quick enlightenment" claims.

Care to comment on any of this?

Your friend,

Tyler

I read somewhere here that he had a fallout with john chang because DV was charging too much money.

ahahahahaha, yes could be :)

any way, think that JC sells the "magic-knife" of a friend (made from him), like Knife white a spirit insight.......

any way..........don't give money to these persons :)

DS at this moment is holiday in of taoism, if you pay you can see something, but any way you can't arrive at the level of this masters if you don't live there.

don't wast your time, just do meditation to understand your self :)

Hi ramus.

Welcome to the forum. You have posted this in the lending library section. If you want more people to see it you should post it in the discussion forum. But know that DV is a controversy-provoking figure around here so do this only if you think it is best.

I have had an off and on interest in his, so I for one would like to discuss it a bit. I have only read what others have said and what is on his site though, so the following could be completely off base.

His Xing Shen Zhuang is apparently a really good way to do what it is supposed to do: the "regulating the body" phase which prepares the adept for sitting meditation, but can also be used as a really good qigong form because it opens up all the joints, fascia, channels, etc.

The form he uses to develop create the dantien is Sheng Zheng Gong, which seems to be entirely based upon stillness meditation. I don't know the details, but it surprises me that a practice that tries to dissolve the mind produces power but no awareness.

I can definitely see some of the neigong stuff producing power but no awareness. This uses empty force breath to fill the dan tien, right? But you are supposed to do SZG for a while before starting this, so...

Anyway, it has always seemed to me that DV is someone who spent most of his life pursuing power, and as such is not enlightened and is not someone you would go to to get enlightened. But from the bit I have been able to gather, it seems that XSZ and SZG are good practices to enter the gate and lay the foundation. Now he claims to be able to enlighten you with his Miao Tong Dao transmission, which admittedly sounds really cool but VERY suspicious, as do all "quick enlightenment" claims.

Care to comment on any of this?

Your friend,

Tyler

I want to say just that: he is not enlight.

chi hung or nei kung are like body building, you will have more power.... if you don't lose your health and your life......and your friends....

for me a sanyasin or a buddhist monk is better because he is practice something that can just devlope his awarness and not his power and his ego.

you have to devlope just the power you can control.

DS or JC are like cars whit the engine of a airplane on......difficult to control!

I think they can lose their control and kill somebody or themself in a moment of anger .

just read the book on the magus of java and see his masters, they fight, hey are so human (in a bad way).

I started whit taoism, now I prefer our western spiritual traditions and culture!

:)