Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

What's your dream job?

Pretend there are no limits. If you could be or do anything you wanted in life, what would it be? A friend of mine owns a MMA clothing company and also holds BJJ and MMA tournaments and whenever we talk I always like to get into who should fight who next in UFC, PRIDE, or BJJ/Submission wrestling. So I think one of the coolest jobs for me would to be the matchmaker for a big show like Pride or UFC. And I also think I would be really good at this.

As a backup to this I would want to own my own business that gives me enough time and money to do what I like: Qigong and martial arts and whatever else I feel like. Which is sort of what I am on track to do now.

Anyone have a dream job that they would love to do? What is preventing you from doing it?

Dream jobs.

--writing articles all the live-long day

--herbalism, or if someone could pay me just to sit outside

--internet research type work

what's stopping me? $$$$$, steep competition, thorough background checks, and the fact that i have a liberal arts degree. do you want fries with that? :lol:

I also would like to work in a cafe one of these days... Maybe organizing the open mics and other events or something.

I guess I am just aiming for the fruition of my life's work...

hopefully I will not have to keep working on it to my late 80's and realize a much simpler route only later...

or get to results and be dissapointed...

or encounter a big arsehowl that will stop at nothing to make it difficult and painstakingly slow...

Just a good coupla decades of hard work and learning and then maybe a nice surprise of enjoying life, getting by, being helpful, and most of all

Promoting healing and happiness at every chance!!

May you all find your paths,

-Michelle.

• Like 1

As a backup to this I would want to own my own business that gives me enough time and money to do what I like: Qigong and martial arts and whatever else I feel like. Which is sort of what I am on track to do now.

Anyone have a dream job that they would love to do? What is preventing you from doing it?

9338[/snapback]

Yeah. I would want to have learned all the important and really working healing arts and be able to pply them with people who honestly need it.

As you mentioned it: as I backup I will very likely be starting in a networkmarketing business of a "new" nutritional product... should you be interested in participating drop me a line... the initial costs are pretty low and basically just for your own supply...

Harry

My dream job is making those artistic intro sequences that you see in some movies. Like all the James Bond movies have them, "Seven" had a great one that was really industrial and had like this man's hand cutting out pieces of dollar bills and making strange collages, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon had one if I remember correctly, Catch Me If You Can, both of the Spiderman movies ... It's not really a "job" though is the thing, because there is not just one person who does them or even anyone known for doing them (as far as I know). I imagine they are each done by different people that are very close to each particular film that decides to have one.

Pretend there are no limits. If you could be or do anything you wanted in life, what would it be? A friend of mine owns a MMA clothing company and also holds BJJ and MMA tournaments and whenever we talk I always like to get into who should fight who next in UFC, PRIDE, or BJJ/Submission wrestling. So I think one of the coolest jobs for me would to be the matchmaker for a big show like Pride or UFC. And I also think I would be really good at this.

9338[/snapback]

Hi Cameron,

Did you ever think of setting up a blog where you would discuss these dream matches and possible outcomes? Have your friend pay for advertising on it and start getting other schools to do the same..that would be cool and could lead to things.

Thaddeus

Yes. I talk to alot of people about it. I enjoy what I am doing now and do the MMA stuff for fun. though one of my best friends makes his living from it.

If I got into the business seriously it would be down the road after I finish school.

Edited by Cameron

Higher than Gods and Gurus and Avatars is the Rock Star!! I don't even have the vaguest idea how to play the guitar, but I'm a bitchin lyricist when I'm in the groove of it. I have a friend in Phoenix that I can write songs for someday and he knows how to play the guitar. John Denver and the monster mash guy are examples of starting from the lyricist angle.

Rock star is all energy, but comedian is more mental and philosophical which is more my turf and wouldn't require as huge of an energy transformation on my end but it's still not in the immediate future.

While musicians have done much more for adult human vibrational evolution than has any other profession going including scientists, gurus, soldiers, and politicians... perhaps scientists really are number 1 here... but I like to think rock stars are it. For me, comedy might be the most effective positioning.

If it never happens, I won't sweat it, but that's the plan!

-Yoda

You could easily become a successful comedian if you wanted it. And this is coming from a guy(me) that has been told quite a few times I have stand up comedy potential.

You have that whacky, saturday night, life is a fun ride so who cares energy.

If you could somehow get the alternative or meditation angle and mix it with contemporary american issues you would be set.

Just that line you have where you go "fun, fun" you could turn into a schtick. I remember almost everything I said you laughed and go ' Yeah, fun, fun".

With work you could have that as the center of your act where you talk about relevant or just meaningless Jerry Seinfeld esqe observations and then follow it with nodding your head going "fuuuuuuuuuun" with that southern accent of yours.

I am not shitting you if I wasn't so busy and was a talent agent or Hollywood dude I would spend time on you to shape your act.

Shit..you could just talk about yourself . A close to middle aged former hippy who now sells homes but talks to cutting edge alternative liefesyle preople on the computer all day.

Your selling a house and then go " Hold on, let me check my tounge". Your customers ask what for and you go " Oh it's nothing Im cutting a little piece off my tounge every week so I can get it up to lick my brain."

And for other characters your all set. You could have someone play your somewhat conservative brother who is accepting of your strange ways but tries to bring some real life issues to the show(or act)

Just being a married guy who talks about tantric sex with his wife and stuff(sort of using the angle that your wife is normal) is an almost endless stand up comedy supply right there.

Good luck!

Cam,

Thanks for the kind words and the same could be said for you as well.

I'm definitely going to work on something in the 5-10 year range. You and I could put together an act and call it the "philosopher dudes" or something. Tons of topics that could be made funny yet informative from a philosophical perspective from sex, death, marriage, relationships, parenting, sports/sports psychology, health, livelihood, internet, analizing famous people, pet conspiracy theories, helpful life tips, crazy relatives, alien abductions, how to cheat on your marriage while out of body, etc. Practically every thread on taobums has potential for a routine.

-Yoda

Endless material. I'll see how long my rehab is going to be if longer thana couple months I'll use my former BJJ time to work on some material. Maybe even a script?

Sign in to follow this