Sign in to follow this  
Ninpo-me-this-ninjutsu-me-that

Where's the strangest place you've had a bit of revelation?

Whilst doing nothing much except what I'm supposed to be doing on the toilet, I suddenly had a bit of a sudden revelation(as the topic title suggests), now I don't mean that I found the solution to perpetual motion or anything like that. It was more personal to me really.

I suddenly had a very real emotional feeling as to what it's like to have a warm family, you know, with family outings and general family closeness. And for a brief minute I realized what kind of person I would be on a feeling level if in fact I had experienced such things during my childhood(which I didn't obviously). I also became aware of how I would have made very different choices in my life based on if I had had that feeling base within my personality, and how also if I can assimulate that feeling quality within my character I can create that. Like an emotional jump if you will to a different level.

So, in anycase I was just wondering if anyone would care to share any revelations(I don't mean to get biblical)no matter what they were, big or small. Do ya care to share :P

Driving, having sex, and whilst sparring with a friend at Jujitsu class.

Love,

Carson :D

Ya guys,

Ya kind of missed part of the topic point, as in 'what' was the revelation? I mean if you were grappling in your Jujutsu class and your face was buried near his groin department exactly what revelation was that?

Funnily enough you reminded me of something, not groin related I might add. Back in the day when I did Judo I had a very close friend who would take any opportunity to try and throw me, anywhere, anytime. It has to be said he was pretty amazing at the art, he could take the techniques and without thinking adapt it to any situation or body positioning. In anycase, casually when I was minding my own business as was usually the case, he walked past and before I knew it I was sailing through the air. Usually when someone throws you you can usually feel a pull on the belt or some minor/major discomfort, but there was nothing, not a thing. Flawless. I will never forget that moment I was up in the air, time really did stand still. When I landed I can only describe it as orgasmic. I had to stay seated for quite sometime to really absorb the perfection of it. Sounds strange I know. But there you go.

Okay. So you want me to specify. Hehehe.

While returning from a mission in Vietnam.

That was the moment when I became a Taoist although I didn't realize it until 15 years later when I started reading the TTC and Chuang Tzu.

Happy Trails!

Okay. So you want me to specify. Hehehe.

While returning from a mission in Vietnam.

That was the moment when I became a Taoist although I didn't realize it until 15 years later when I started reading the TTC and Chuang Tzu.

Happy Trails!

So why not Christian, Mormon or scientology? Why Daoist?

Hi Ninpo.......

Ya kind of missed part of the topic point, as in 'what' was the revelation? I mean if you were grappling in your Jujutsu class and your face was buried near his groin department exactly what revelation was that?

Actually, not to be arguementative but, the title of the thread is "WHERE is the strangest place you've had a bit of a revelation"....not that it matters.... ;) I know what you are looking for now...thanks for clarifying.

Funnily enough you reminded me of something, not groin related I might add. Back in the day when I did Judo I had a very close friend who would take any opportunity to try and throw me, anywhere, anytime. It has to be said he was pretty amazing at the art, he could take the techniques and without thinking adapt it to any situation or body positioning. In anycase, casually when I was minding my own business as was usually the case, he walked past and before I knew it I was sailing through the air. Usually when someone throws you you can usually feel a pull on the belt or some minor/major discomfort, but there was nothing, not a thing. Flawless. I will never forget that moment I was up in the air, time really did stand still. When I landed I can only describe it as orgasmic. I had to stay seated for quite sometime to really absorb the perfection of it. Sounds strange I know. But there you go.

Sounds strange indeed, but I have no doubts that what you say you experienced you did indeed experience.

Personally, the revelation that I had while sparring in Jujitsu, had nothing to do with groins, had nothing to do with anything I was doing at the time....the revelation I had was that "there is no me.....what I thought was "me" is actually Divine Love coming THROUGH me".

The revelation I had whilst driving was that I was kundalini awakened.

The revelation I had while having sex was that my wife is a Goddess and a manifestation of the Divine in every way...even though she herself has no perception of this.

I also had a revelation while balling my eyes out in my bedroom once....that revelation was that I no longer was going to conciously choose to be unhappy.....I was going to choose happiness from then on.

These revelations are in the reverse order that they happened in.

Hope this answers your question for completely.

Love,

Carson :D

So why not Christian, Mormon or scientology? Why Daoist?

I cannot give you a specific definitive answer. I was in a war zone. I was by my self (alone). I was in the central, mountainous part of the country. At that special moment I had no fear of anything and I felt at peace with and one with all else. At that moment I had no enemies.

Seven years later I was stationed in Korea and took a course titled: A Short History Of China And Japan. While we were studying China Taoism was discussed and I was drawn to it but after the course was over I did no further reading of Taoism.

After I retired and got settled down I went back to school.

I had given up my Christian faith when I was in my late teens and pretty much just called myself an Agnostic or Atheist.

Back in school there were more history courses and intro courses to world religions and world philosophies. It was during this time that I decided to find a label I could pin to my shirt.

I started with Christianity and associated philosophers, then to many other faiths and philosophies but every time there was either something missing or there was dogma that I just couldn't accept because of the experiences I had and things I saw during my time in the Army.

Then one day I got a copy of the Tao Te Ching from the library and read it. I laughed but was drawn by something to read another translation. And then another. And then the Chuang Tzu. After reading the Chuang Tzu everything fell into place including the things I had not grasped in the Tao Te Ching.

At that point there were no longer any empty spaces. I could answer all my important questions and understand why I interact with my externals the way I do.

Yes, there were still some spiritual issues for me that Taoism didn't address. I have since found that North American Native spirituality does address those issues.

So here I am. A Nietzschian-Taoist with a NA spiritual base.

Happy Trails!

Hi Ninpo.......

Actually, not to be arguementative but, the title of the thread is "WHERE is the strangest place you've had a bit of a revelation"....not that it matters.... ;)

Ya Carson.... not to be argumentative :D but if you scroll up the page to the top you will see it's followed by '....where, when and what' on the topic header:D

But thanks for sharing your experience, very interesting :)

I cannot give you a specific definitive answer. I was in a war zone. I was by my self (alone). I was in the central, mountainous part of the country. At that special moment I had no fear of anything and I felt at peace with and one with all else. At that moment I had no enemies.

Seven years later I was stationed in Korea and took a course titled: A Short History Of China And Japan. While we were studying China Taoism was discussed and I was drawn to it but after the course was over I did no further reading of Taoism.

After I retired and got settled down I went back to school.

I had given up my Christian faith when I was in my late teens and pretty much just called myself an Agnostic or Atheist.

Back in school there were more history courses and intro courses to world religions and world philosophies. It was during this time that I decided to find a label I could pin to my shirt.

I started with Christianity and associated philosophers, then to many other faiths and philosophies but every time there was either something missing or there was dogma that I just couldn't accept because of the experiences I had and things I saw during my time in the Army.

Then one day I got a copy of the Tao Te Ching from the library and read it. I laughed but was drawn by something to read another translation. And then another. And then the Chuang Tzu. After reading the Chuang Tzu everything fell into place including the things I had not grasped in the Tao Te Ching.

At that point there were no longer any empty spaces. I could answer all my important questions and understand why I interact with my externals the way I do.

Yes, there were still some spiritual issues for me that Taoism didn't address. I have since found that North American Native spirituality does address those issues.

So here I am. A Nietzschian-Taoist with a NA spiritual base.

Happy Trails!

Thanks, I can see why you didn't elaborate before, it's not a simple journey. :unsure:

Sign in to follow this