sean

Intu-Flow

This new Intu-Flow program by Scott Sonnon looks badass. I think anyone who has been sitting on the sidelines wondering where to start with Scott Sonnon's overwhelming amount of material can stop wondering and confidently dive right in with this. It's clear this is the place to start. Intu-flow basically updates and replaces Warrior Wellness and Freedom by Degree and also fuses core elements of Be Breathed, Prime Your Bioenergy, Maximology and beginner Clubbell Training while paving the way for effective Body Flow. So it's not only pretty much a required upgrade for us dedicated CST'ers it's also a friendly, non-overwhelming way to introduce newbies young and old to Scott's amazing work and get them on track to becoming full-fledged Body Flow addicts. Before this promotion runs out I'll probably pick up a couple sets for some friends and family for Christmas.

I wanted to throw in that If you had considered donating to The Tao Bums this year so that your pauper administrator can stay afloat and maybe even get himself a couple beers on Christmas I suggest instead you just buy yourself this new Intu-Flow program from my new affiliate page YogaInFlow.com and let RMAX throw a few bucks my way. :lol:

But there's only 5 more days to get the promotional price of $100 so check it out soon if you're gonna.

Sean.

WW has rocked my world, so I've been interested in Sonnon's other material and this looks like a good overview.

-Yoda

Yeah I gotta see this baby...thinking of getting certified in Rmax but idk. I am always thinking of getting certified in different things. Perhaps emptyness is better.

Hmmm ... I guess there has been an extension. On the 25th Scott said there are 4 more days left. So I've done some very complex calculations and I think that leaves us 2 more days to get the promotion. Still debating on whether to order another set for more family members. I got a set for dear old Dad. He did WW when he was out visiting last month and said he really enjoyed it so who knows. Wonder if Mom would dig it. Hmmm...

Sean

Hmmm ... I guess there has been an extension. On the 25th Scott said there are 4 more days left. So I've done some very complex calculations and I think that leaves us 2 more days to get the promotion. Still debating on whether to order another set for more family members. I got a set for dear old Dad. He did WW when he was out visiting last month and said he really enjoyed it so who knows. Wonder if Mom would dig it. Hmmm...

Sean, where did you see that? The post i saw where he mentions 4 days left in the promo was dates 11/21.

Sean, where did you see that?  The post i saw where he mentions 4 days left in the promo was dates 11/21.

9345[/snapback]

Never mind. Within two minutes of posting, I got an email from RMAX. I was looking on the forum.

Per your requests (because of the Thanksgiving Holiday) the Special Introductory Offer has been extended till Tuesday, November 29th, 2005!

I'm back from Phoenix! Had a great time. Speaking of which, I got to try Cam's Dad's 10lb clubbells. They seemed awfully heavy! I'm certainly not used to whipping that kind of weight around like that. Even 5lbs in intuflow sounds heavy to me. I've been considering buying some vintage indian clubs 1-2lbs being typical as an extension of WW, but I'm eager to get an easy overview of Sonnon's work that Intuflow promises. They say it further develops the WW material.

-Yoda

I'm back from Phoenix!  Had a great time.  Speaking of which, I got to try Cam's Dad's 10lb clubbells.  They seemed awfully heavy!  I'm certainly not used to whipping that kind of weight around like that.  Even 5lbs in intuflow sounds heavy to me.  I've been considering buying some vintage indian clubs 1-2lbs being typical as an extension of WW, but I'm eager to get an easy overview of Sonnon's work that Intuflow promises.  They say it further develops the WW material.

Yoda, as I understand it, the mini clubs that come with intu-flow are easier to use than a 5lb clubbell would be. The weight is more evenly distributed in the minis, rather than balanced two feet or so from your hand.

I've been working with 10# clubs for about two weeks. It seemed heavy as hell when I started, but i seem to be getting used to them quickly, which is pretty much what they told me before I started.

Has arrived! The 5lb clubs are what I had in mind--mobility and conditioning, strength can come from just being me. Although, gripstrength will be developed nicely. They have a great feel to them. It's natural to grab them in the center to lessen the workout too. The whole thing has a retro Indian Club feel which I like. The perfect heft for Yodster. If Sean can watch the DVDs and report back, I'll be set.

-Yoda

So I've watched some of it so far. The Intuflow is essentially an evolution of the Warrior Wellness program. At my beginning level of mastery, it really doesn't make much difference which program I follow, but an advanced practitioner would want to follow Intuflow. So if you have WW there's no imperitive to get Intuflow. If you don't have either, go for Intuflow directly. I've watched a bit of the extention dvd and it looks like a good general intro to clubbells.

If you want to open up your joints and let the chi in, this is good stuff. As Sean has said, it also awakens your body's intelligence and hence your athletic abilities. Your whole balance, propriation sensitivity, and movement become coordinated which gives you access to new levels of grace and confidence. Scott talks about bioenergy a bit, but the system seems to train the body to pull in more chi while you are at it.

At some point, I'll be willing to lend out these dvds, and it's easy enough to make cheap clubbells (go hammer shopping) so pm me if you are interested.

I've done WW for 4 months and am developing growing sense of gratitude and appreciation for his material. This is the kind of physical mastery I've always wanted.

-Yoda

Yodster,

Can some of this be practiced from a chair and using mostly upper body or does it incorporate lower body/hip movement into everything?

In other words..would this be of help to me in my current state?

I would say some sort of Sonnon or taoyin or yoga system would be very advantageous for an athlete or a taoist. The thing that the Russian system has going for it in general and Sonnon's in specific is that it is easier for the western mind to really understand.

I'll send you my book of seated 8 brocades which was originally designed to help xbox players stay healthy.

I'm just rummaging through my library and Daniel Reid's "tao of health, sex, and longevity" --a great book and has a killer taoyin section.

Here's an excerpt which starts with a quote from a 2,000 year old text:

In ancient times, due to flooding of rivers and streams, excessive yin and heavy dampness filled the air, causing energy stagnation among the people and making their joints and bones stiff and painful.  Therefore, they practiced certain dances to relieve these symptoms

These dances were called tao-yin (literally 'to guide and gather').  'Guide and gather' referred to the therapeutic effects of these dances which gathered energy and essence and guided it rhythmically throughout the body... Tao-yin thus became the ancient foundation of Chinese calisthenics and martial arts.

Scott's system is very similar to what I've seen of Chia's, Reid's, and Frost's. Scott's system has simply been what I've been inspired to stick to long enough to see some paydirt.

I would think Intuflow could be adapted to a stool.

-Yoda

I'd really like to look at Intu-Flow, although the whole program would probably be too much for me, but I'm sure I could adapt much of it, short of using clubbells. If/when anyone is finished with the first DVD and wouldn't mind lending it for a week or so, I'd really appreciate the loan.

Reminds me, I have to get together a few things for the lending library.

Karen

im broke but really interested in intu-flow.

just waiting for someone to post a full review and make clear how it compares to warrior wellness. i would really like to get it, but want to make sure that it expands upon ww to make it worthwhile. shipping cost is huge to aus with the clubbells as part of the package.

i have just moved to the advanced program in ww and am really enjoying how supple my body has become over the 6 months or so i have been doing ww. the only thing that is taking a long time is hamstring tightness, so the 4-corner balance drill in advanced is very challenging for me as i cannot lock my knee down while holding onto my foot.

but.... learnt a feldenkrais stretch for the hamstrings which is real gentle and will get in the habit of doing this every night.

It's the same basic idea as WW with many/most of the same drills, everything has simply evolved further. There's no 'need' to upgrade other than for fun. Also, the club drills are a really cool gear too. Your hamstrings sound more evolved than mine, btw.

-Yoda

It's the same basic idea as WW with many/most of the same drills, everything has simply evolved further.  There's no 'need' to upgrade other than for fun.  Also, the club drills are a really cool gear too.  Your hamstrings sound more evolved than mine, btw.

-Yoda

10024[/snapback]

ok... well when/if i have some spare cash i will consider upgrading 'for fun'.

here is a little gentle stretch you can do for your hamstrings.

sit down with one leg extended in front of you (we'll say the right leg for the purposes of where to put everything else) and then the left leg folded so the foot is behind you and the knee in front (but if this is real uncomfortable then put the left leg in front with the foot near the groin so it's bent.... but try have the leg behind). at this point you can lean on your right hand for stability.

take your left arm and begin to massage the outside of your extended right leg. stroking up and down.... first keep the leg straight and just reach as far as you can... but then let the strokes get longer and longer down to your foot.... allow your knee to bend naturally if it wants to so you can reach your foot. rock up and back, really extending from the shoulder.

then after you have done this for a while, switch arms and massage the inside of your extended right leg with your right arm.... same process. rock up and down and let the knee bend when it wants to.

lie down on your back and rest for a minute or two. feel the differences now between the two legs and the entire body.

then repeat with the other leg.

lie down again and rest for a minute or two. letting it all sink in.

then you can go a little further by sitting up with your knees bent so your feet are on the floor. grab a hold of your right foot or ankle with your right hand. glue your forehead to your right knee and extend your foot out keeping your forehead stuck to your knee.

go as far as you can without losing the connection with forehead and knee.

go up and down like this.

switch the part of your face stuck to your knee. try with your chin. your eye. your cheek. whatever.

up and down.

feel what is stopping you from going all the way down. is it your lower back? is it your hamstring?

try a couple of times letting your face come unstuck.

experiment.

lie down on your back and rest again before repeating on the other side.

then after both legs are done come back up to sitting. this time grab a hold of both feet/ankles. stick your head in between your knees and repeat with both legs extending.

enjoy!!!

ok... well when/if i have some spare cash i will consider upgrading 'for fun'.

here is a little gentle stretch you can do for your hamstrings.

sit down with one leg extended in front of you (we'll say the right leg for the purposes of where to put everything else) and then the left leg folded so the foot is behind you and the knee in front (but if this is real uncomfortable then put the left leg in front with the foot near the groin so it's bent.... but try have the leg behind). at this point you can lean on your right hand for stability.

take your left arm and begin to massage the outside of your extended right leg. stroking up and down.... first keep the leg straight and just reach as far as you can... but then let the strokes get longer and longer down to your foot.... allow your knee to bend naturally if it wants to so you can reach your foot. rock up and back, really extending from the shoulder.

then after you have done this for a while, switch arms and massage the inside of your extended right leg with your right arm.... same process. rock up and down and let the knee bend when it wants to.

lie down on your back and rest for a minute or two. feel the differences now between the two legs and the entire body.

then repeat with the other leg.

lie down again and rest for a minute or two. letting it all sink in.

then you can go a little further by sitting up with your knees bent so your feet are on the floor. grab a hold of your right foot or ankle with your right hand. glue your forehead to your right knee and extend your foot out keeping your forehead stuck to your knee.

go as far as you can without losing the connection with forehead and knee.

go up and down like this.

switch the part of your face stuck to your knee. try with your chin. your eye. your cheek. whatever.

up and down.

feel what is stopping you from going all the way down. is it your lower back? is it your hamstring?

try a couple of times letting your face come unstuck.

experiment.

lie down on your back and rest again before repeating on the other side.

then after both legs are done come back up to sitting. this time grab a hold of both feet/ankles. stick your head in between your knees and repeat with both legs extending.

enjoy!!!

Has anyone tried this. It really works. Nice easy stretch. Sounds like it's derived from Feldenkrais.

I tried Intu Flow and my results impressed me and the wife so much I got Be Breathed,FlowFit,Forward Pressure,15 lbs Clubbells and BBook Of Clubbells.

After 15 years of conventional weight training I will never go back!!! Scotts CST has been nothing short of amazing for me and the wife.

I tried Intu Flow and my results impressed me and the wife so much I got Be Breathed,FlowFit,Forward Pressure,15 lbs Clubbells and BBook Of Clubbells.

After 15 years of conventional weight training I will never go back!!! Scotts CST has been nothing short of amazing for me and the wife.

How long did it take to work through the program.

Did you wait to do xtension.

I am just beginning -

Christoph,

Great news! Any reviews of be breathed or forward pressure? I'm still sort of dealing with fear reactivity from my 5lb clubbells, but have made great progress. I've been doing intuflow for about a year. I impressed the crowd at a recent wedding with my ability to shake a leg. It was a white wedding, but I'll take what I can get.

-Yoda

I am still doing the beginner with some intermediate in the Intu Flow. I have only been doing it for a few months and with the other material I am in no hurry. Personally I didnt wait to start using the minis because I was very curious as to how my shoulder would handle it. From a previous injury overhead pressing just the 45 lb bar would cause discomfort....I havent found 1 single Clubbell exercise that was anything but beneficial for my shoulder stability.

Flowfit is keeping me in shape for BJJ while on hiatus.Be Breathed is really cool to although it is basically a very detailed explantaion of every variation of the spinal rock. I have gained lots of ab strength from it though, much more than from the traditional ab exercised I was doing.

Forward Pressure is kicking my but!! I will never bench again from my shoulder injury but thats OK now that I have FP. It will really work your chest,tris and shoulders with, for me atleast, no shoulder or elbow pain that I would get from bench or dips.

thanks! I have intuflow, prasara, and flowfit but only do intuflow plus the clubs. And I think that's where I'll park myself on Scott's material.