Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Whatever Pleases you, Keeps you Back

Without the knowledge of the knower ther can be no peace. - Nisargadatta, pg 300, I AM THAT

Edited by Matt

All effort leads to more effort; whatever was built up must be maintained, whatever was acquired must be protected against decay or loss. Whatever can be lost is not really one's own; and what is not your own of what use can it be to you?

This is indeed very true. However, ...

Those things that I have in my life are those things that make my life easier to live and bring pleasure into my life. So while it is true that one day I will loose all, while I am alive I accept guardianship of those things and my efforts to maintain them.

The realization of the temporality of all things, including myself, does not mean that I should throw all in the trash. It only means that I should not attach 'myself' to those things else I will constantly experience the displeasure of loss.

Chuang Tzu speaks well to this subject.

Happy Trails!

Yes, to me it's more about renouncing ignorance and craving, rather than fun.

I'm not 100 percent successful at this, but I've had enough glimpses and fruit of the inner letting be and seeing free, to know what it's like to engage with the world without identifying with it.

:)

You have met many anchorites and ascetics, but a fully realized man conscious of his divinity (swarupa) is hard to find. The saints and Yogis, by immesnse efforts and sacrifices acquire many miraculous powers and can do much good in the way of helping people and inspiring faith, yet it does not make them perfect. It is not a way to reality, but merely an enrichment of the false. All effort leads to more effort; whatever was built up must be maintained, whtever was acquired must be protected against decay or loss. Whatever can be lost is not really one's own; and what is not your own of what use can it be to you? In my world nothing is pushed about, all happens by itself. All existence is in space and time, limited and temporary. He who experiences existence is also limited and temporary. I am not concerned either with 'what exists' or 'who exists'. I take my stand beyond, where I am both and neither.

The persons who, after much effort and penance, have fulfilled their ambitions and secured higher levels of experience and action, are usually acutely conscious of thier standing; they grade people into hierarchies, ranging from the lowest non achiever to the highest achiever. To me all are equal. Differences in appereance and experession are there, but they do not matter. Just as the shape of a gold ornament does not affect the gold, so does man's essence remain unaffected. Where this sense of equality is lacking it means that reality had not been touched.

Mere knowledge is not enough; the knower must be known. The Pandits and the Yogis may know many things, but of what use is mere knowlegde when the self is not known? It will be certainly misused. Without the knowledge of the knower ther can be no peace.

Without the knowledge of the knower ther can be no peace. - Nisargadatta, pg 300, I AM THAT

Although I highly respect Nisargadatta, this too is an attachment to "That." There is no true "knower," only the evolution of consciousness as it grasps on to higher forms. Being unconcerned is an attachment to unconcern. Really it is not an attachment but a new identity that forms. The experience is similar. "Let it be" can have various meanings to it that sense.

Life's joy is in the effort, not in achievement, possession or gain. It is intent that carries us through our experiences and manifests what is.

Effortlessness is also effort as true non abiding effort is also effortless.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

Although I highly respect Nisargadatta, this too is an attachment to "That." There is no true "knower," only the evolution of consciousness as it grasps on to higher forms. Being unconcerned is an attachment to unconcern. Really it is not an attachment but a new identity that forms. The experience is similar. "Let it be" can have various meanings to it that sense.

Life's joy is in the effort, not in achievement, possession or gain. It is intent that carries us through our experiences and manifests what is.

Just don't make yourself disappear. We enjoy your postings here. Okay?

Happy Trails!

Mmmm, well worded! Bravo!! :)

Just don't make yourself disappear. We enjoy your postings here. Okay?

Happy Trails!

Haha, well, since I am a Kunlun practitioner... ;) ...

Anyways, I gave this more thought and I came back to the incredible significance of Virtue (Heh, it seems like I always do).

True liberation can only come for the sake of others and never through pure detachment. Even the repeated notion of "each moment rising in their own perfection" point to conditioned liberation based on the Skanda of form. Limitless virtue, however, does not manifest from God as acceptance or bliss, but from you until it becomes you. Endless giving, not as a act, but as a state of mind is therefore the most important part of cultivation.

So for those who think tai chi, qi gong, breath retention, and all that is the main road to practice...

I must disagree.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

Anyways, I gave this more thought and I came back to the incredible significance of Virtue (Heh, it seems like I always do).

True liberation can only come for the sake of others and never through pure detachment. Even the repeated notion of "each moment rising in their own perfection" point to conditioned liberation based on the Skanda of form. Limitless virtue, however, does not manifest from God as acceptance or bliss, but from you until it becomes you. Endless giving, not as a act, but as a state of mind is therefore the most important part of cultivation.

So for those who think tai chi, qi gong, breath retention, and all that is the main road to practice...

I must disagree.

Interesting consideration and conclusion. I will agree that Virtue is key to inner peace & contentment. No, I doubt that anyone can detatch themself from the manifest world for any length of time.

I would question your "Endless giving" though but only in a practical sense. I would, however, agree that giving to those in need without prejudice reflects one's Virtue.

Happy Trails!

Sign in to follow this