Sign in to follow this  
thehatinthecat

Anyone know anything about Master Hong-Chao Zhang

I'll be moving to the Chicago area soon and I'm looking around for someone to study Tai Chi and maybe some other internal arts with to help supplement my studies of Oriental Medicine. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about Master Hong-Chao Zhang who runs the Chinese Gong Fu Institute.

If anyone has any recommendations for who to study with in the Chicagoland area I'd love to hear them.

I did some google research -- he teaches the Wild Goose qigong system and has a book and video on the 64 steps....

But then this female qigong master also teaches the Wild Goose form, apparently with easier instruction?

http://www.amazon.com/Chi-Kung-Secrets-Fit...65681651#reader

But then the FEMALE master is attacked as having made false claims about several of her former teachers... she would just attend some seminars and was not considered a real student, etc.

http://www.liangong.com/wenmeiyu.htm

Well such is the scene --

Edited by drewhempel

I know him personally. We've judged quite a few wushu competitions together. He's a good teacher with a good background in Chinese medicine. He'd be my recommendation in Chicago.

Wudangspirit

I'll be moving to the Chicago area soon and I'm looking around for someone to study Tai Chi and maybe some other internal arts with to help supplement my studies of Oriental Medicine. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about Master Hong-Chao Zhang who runs the Chinese Gong Fu Institute.

If anyone has any recommendations for who to study with in the Chicagoland area I'd love to hear them.

Thanks for the information Wudangspirit. I'm studying Tai Chi Chuan with one of my professors at the moment. But I'm looking to also study Bagua so once student loans come in (yaaa money) I'll be heading over there to check out some of his classes.

I know him personally. We've judged quite a few wushu competitions together. He's a good teacher with a good background in Chinese medicine. He'd be my recommendation in Chicago.

Wudangspirit

Sign in to follow this