Eviander

Anxiey medication

So I have social anxiety..for reasons I do not know..energy blockages probably. Anyways..I tried acupuncture..am doing some yoga..and bought a taichi dvd and did some (though the tai chi is not habitual). None of it seemed to work..so I started taking my dads klonopin and it certainly works. I am going to get my own prescription soon..and am wondering if anyone has knowledge that pertains to such medication and chi flow..if it negatively effects the flow..inhibits the kundalini energy or damages my psychic body in any way shape or form..because mentally it certainly helps..though I don't plan to stay on it longer than is needed..

Guest winpro07

most anti anxiety meds and sleep aids are a carbon chain attaching a benzine molecule and a fluorine molecule.

Benzine is a powerful amnesiac

Fluorine is a powerful sedative.

Fluorine bind to calcifying tissue like the pineal gland

Benzine inhibits neural signal by killing the nerves it comes in contact with.

Benzine causes a lot of damage but wont stay in the brain very long which is

why they attach it to a fluorine molecule that will bind to the pineal gland.

Fluorine when supplied to receptors of the pineal for many years will replace the

the Halogen that rightly belongs there.

Try zeolite for removing fluorine, and iodine (seaweed) to replace the fluorine.

Meditation is the biggest key as neural signal to the pineal increases with internal practices of any kind.

When the mid brain reaches a highly magnetized state fluorine a chemical that binds electrically

is dislodged and gets removed from the body.

The liver handles benzine removal so use silmarin (blessed thistle) to prevent too much damage.

The adrenal cortex supplies the neural energy that the pineal uses to "wake-up" and go magnetic.

Good kidney health (laughter and smiling) is the best medicine for the brain and awakening third eye

Edited by winpro07

most anti anxiety meds and sleep aids are a carbon chain attaching a benzine molecule and a fluorine molecule.

Fluorine when supplied to receptors of the pineal for many years will replace the

Try zeolite for removing fluorine, and iodine (seaweed) to replace the fluorine.

Meditation is the biggest key as neural signal to the pineal increases with internal practices of any kind.

When the mid brain reaches a highly magnetized state fluorine a chemical that binds electrically

The liver handles benzine removal so use silmarin (blessed thistle) to prevent too much damage.

The adrenal cortex supplies the neural energy that the pineal uses to "wake-up" and go magnetic.

Good kidney health (laughter and smiling) is the best medicine for the brain and awakening third eye

Um, sorry, but from a scientific standpoint, much of the above post ^ is total nonsense. (BTW, it's benzene, not benzine).

OK, here's a stern warning: Stay the fuck away from benzodiazepines (Klonopin, Xanax, Valium etc.,) if you're on a spiritual path! THEY ARE BAD DRUGS. They are highly, highly addictive, a certain percentage of people have an extremely hard time getting off of them:

Search youtube for 'benzodiazepine withdrawal", or "Klonopin withdrawal". Google the same.

Basically, benzodiazepines work extremely well at reducing anxiety. The problem is, they cause a numbing of emotional discomfort,and easing of anxiety, but while you are feeling"better", it's all just the drug. Stay on it, and your emotional and psychological "muscles" atrophy...grow weaker, so when you're off the drug, you have even less ability to deal with whatever stresses than you started with, so now you 'need' the drug even more. People with anxiety can get rebound anxiety very horribly.

The problems go on and on. They can be useful in a short term, very limited situation for more severe stress and anxiety (death of a loved one, etc.,). If all you've got is a little social anxiety, taking the slide with Klonopin is definitely spiritual cowardice, may lead to addiction, and on some deep level will create and reinforce a notion in yourself that "I am not enough", and need this drug (or this drink) in order to function or 'be myself'. You bet, Klonopoin will will negatively affect your chi. Get in the habit of using it for your social anxiety, and you will always need it in those situations. You won't learn how to conquer it.

Work with breathing, man, that is the key to anxiety and fear, and there are lots of simple techniques to start with. It'll take a little work, but you will be building personal power and spiritual strength. Even practicing a simple breathing exercise like the one Andrew Weil teaches is very, very effective if practiced often and regularly. Here's why:

There are two things in the body that fall under conscious control (unless you're an advanced yogi)- blinking, and breathing. Both are things you do unconsciously and without thought, or you can consciously override this and blink or breathe with intention. These processes, when not consciously done, are under the control of the autonomic nervous system (parasympathetic and sympathetic--the 'fight or flight' response) that has also to do with the underlying autonomic 'tone' in your body/mind that create anxiety from fear. When you're anxious and fearful, you are breathing rapidly and shallowly. Because breathing is under both conscious and unconscious control, it is a wide-open 'window' from your conscious mind into your autonomic nervous system. By overriding it, you can thereby gain control of this system that holds your anxiety. The more you practice it, the more powerful it becomes, it's natural, you become stronger, and you always take your breath with you everywhere.

Say no to the Klonopin. Be a warrior.

Here's a simple and brilliantly effective technique:

------------------------------------

The Art and Science of Breathing

"Practicing regular, mindful breathing can be calming and energizing and can even help with stress-related health problems ranging from panic attacks to digestive disorders."

Andrew Weil, M.D.

Since breathing is something we can control and regulate, it is a useful tool for achieving a relaxed and clear state of mind. I recommend three breathing exercises to help relax and reduce stress: The Stimulating Breath, The 4-7-8 Breathing Exercise (also called the Relaxing Breath), and Breath Counting. Try each and see how they affect your stress and anxiety levels.

Exercise

The 4-7-8 (or Relaxing Breath) Exercise

This exercise is utterly simple, takes almost no time, requires no equipment and can be done anywhere. Although you can do the exercise in any position, sit with your back straight while learning the exercise. Place the tip of your tongue against the ridge of tissue just behind your upper front teeth, and keep it there through the entire exercise. You will be exhaling through your mouth around your tongue; try pursing your lips slightly if this seems awkward.

Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound.

Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose to a mental count of four.

Hold your breath for a count of seven.

Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound to a count of eight.

This is one breath. Now inhale again and repeat the cycle three more times for a total of four breaths.

Note that you always inhale quietly through your nose and exhale audibly through your mouth. The tip of your tongue stays in position the whole time. Exhalation takes twice as long as inhalation. The absolute time you spend on each phase is not important; the ratio of 4:7:8 is important. If you have trouble holding your breath, speed the exercise up but keep to the ratio of 4:7:8 for the three phases. With practice you can slow it all down and get used to inhaling and exhaling more and more deeply.

This exercise is a natural tranquilizer for the nervous system. Unlike tranquilizing drugs, which are often effective when you first take them but then lose their power over time, this exercise is subtle when you first try it but gains in power with repetition and practice. Do it at least twice a day. You cannot do it too frequently. Do not do more than four breaths at one time for the first month of practice. Later, if you wish, you can extend it to eight breaths. If you feel a little lightheaded when you first breathe this way, do not be concerned; it will pass.

Once you develop this technique by practicing it every day, it will be a very useful tool that you will always have with you. Use it whenever anything upsetting happens - before you react. Use it whenever you are aware of internal tension. Use it to help you fall asleep. This exercise cannot be recommended too highly. Everyone can benefit from it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are many other breathing practices in the various practices discussed in this forum. But don't get bogged down Start simple, gain some strength, and build from there.

Go for it!

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

Full yogic breath, freeing the flow of the breath, any meditation especialy mediating on the breath, inner smile, secret smile, healing sounds especialy kidney sound and possibly spleen sound and maybe lung sound. Various herbs have a proven effect against anxiety but it is milder than western drugs but does not do the same damage. Mindfulness meditation is proven to reduce anxiety a lot. acceptance and commitment therapy has a lot better results than any other therapy but is not researched thorougly enough for that conclusion to be absolutely certain but there is still about 30 studies that shows it is a lot more effective than anything else. It is based on meditation and the psychology of mindfulness. THis book is superb:

http://www.amazon.com/Mindfulness-Acceptan...t/dp/1572244992

Keep up the tai chi, it will work in the long run. Work on breathing and basic meditation. Add what apeals to you of inner smile, healing sounds, secret smile. Take a good chineese herb for anxiety. Drink chamomille tea and get a relaxing aromatic fragrance that you can have in your bedroom. This combo is guaranteed to work. If you can get massages, especialy abdominal massage that is also great. Cranio sacral therapy even better. If social interaction itself is the problem than there is a lot to learn in the pua community not just about pickup but general social skills: charismaarts.com you can also check out Troy Dizzon but charismaarts is best for general social skills

I don`t realy understand this but are you saying one could do permanent damage to the brain?

So I have social anxiety..for reasons I do not know..
Me too, I suffered with it for my whole life since I was born.

Finally, I did some soul-searching about it and cracked my code at the end of June. My life has really changed now, my world is becoming my stage... And I am just so much happier to have gotten over this Achilles' Heel! :D

So, if you want a real, permanent solution - the answer won't be found externally in any pills or herbs. Only your own personal history and Self. This is the real meaning of neigong, no? :)

Edited by vortex

I agree with people that suggest breathing exercises. It has really been helping me, since I also have had some social anxiety.

I don't think it's too important what breathing exercise you do specifically, as long as it feels good and is relaxing.

It's not a cure for anxiety, but it can help transmute the erratic feelings into calm ones...to reprogram our automatic response to situations. Each moment is a choice.

I don`t realy understand this but are you saying one could do permanent damage to the brain?

Just ignore that post. :)

It is like this -

Sodium is a highly reactive metal that produces hydrogen when added to water and often ignites the hydrogen. Under the right circumstances it will spontaneously ignite in air.

Chlorine is a poisonous gas which was used in warfare to scar lung tissue.

Salt is a combination of sodium and chlorine, and both are highly dangerous, so avoid salt and especially do not throw it in water.

You can take that with a grain of salt.

The other thing is that if you get put on prescription medication, you have to watch for drug interactions with herbal medications.

And you can look up the medicine here -

http://www.drugs.com/pdr/clonazepam.html

There is currently a thread by Stigweard regarding the challenges posed to Western students of Asian philosophies and practices. I concur with the gentleman who cited the preponderance of metaphysical half-truths disguised as wisdom as a formidable stumbling block for sincere and honest and seekers. Unfortunately, there is no shortage of this material in this forum.

I have had tremendous success with affirmations linked to breath. Social anxiety wasn't so much a problem as a general self-loathing and low self-esteem. Reciting affirmations that correlate with specific chakras has been my exercise since January of this year and I can attest to their healing power (but you CANNOT afford to listen to a stranger's personal testimony!) The following links are a good place to start, and once you get going you can fine tune the messages. Critical thinking aside, if you repeat positive messages to yourself 100 times a day for months on end, it'll have an effect!

http://www.1lovespirit.com/affirmations-chakras.html

http://www.cloudnineyoga.com/yoga/topic/chakra-affirmations/

As far as biochemistry goes, drop the benzodiazepines as suggested above and give L-theanine a try.

http://www.web-us.com/l-theanine_anxiety_reducer.htm

This is nothing more than an amino acid derived from green tea. It won't make you sleepy but it makes a lot of stress and anxiety slough off like water off a ducks back. I used to buy it for my co-workers during Christmas season.

Good luck. And beware of BS. TTB can be treacherous territory regarding misinformation.

Wow, that's some FANTASTIC beliefs there!

1 st Chakra

I am safe, I trust in the natural flow of life. I take my natural place in the world content in the knowledge that all I need will come to me in the right time and space. I am secure and grounded in the physical form and give thanks to Mother Earth for the nourishment, shelter, and stability She gives me.

2 nd Chakra

I am a sensuous being. I express my sexuality fully in all I do. I celebrate the creative exchange of sexual energy in the universe. I honor the union and integration of the masculine and feminine principles as I recognize and integrate these principles within myself. I give and receive freely from the wellspring of life.

3 rd Chakra

I am at peace with myself and my surroundings. I express my identity without imposing my will upon others. I see the differences in others as unique expressions that contribute more color and fragrance to the world. I am energized by the light and heat of the sun. I am in harmony with all I see.

4 th Chakra

I am motivated by selflessness. I cultivate the quality of compassion for myself and all sentient beings. I have willingness to transform pain and suffering in others with the knowledge that, as I do, I transform pain and suffering within me. I have the courage to love unconditionally.

5 th Chakra

I am free to express my creativity with unrestricted enthusiasm and joy. I give voice to my feelings and communicate with clarity and openness. I am a unique being, my opinions are of great value, and I share them fearlessly. I am imaginative and colorful in all I do.

6 th Chakra

I create my own reality. All experiences that I come into contact with are a reflection of my own projected thoughts and emotions. I develop my inner senses. I am open to new ideas and spiritual concepts. My intellectual mind recognizes my intuitive perception.

7 th Chakra

I contemplate the impermanent nature of reality. I release attachment, recognizing that it is the source of all suffering. I develop emptiness so that I may experience union with the universal consciousness and merge with the oneness of all creation. I am content.

I've been coming upon several of these myself, lately...

Just ignore that post. :)

It is like this -

Sodium is a highly reactive metal that produces hydrogen when added to water and often ignites the hydrogen. Under the right circumstances it will spontaneously ignite in air.

Chlorine is a poisonous gas which was used in warfare to scar lung tissue.

Salt is a combination of sodium and chlorine, and both are highly dangerous, so avoid salt and especially do not throw it in water.

You can take that with a grain of salt.

The other thing is that if you get put on prescription medication, you have to watch for drug interactions with herbal medications.

And you can look up the medicine here -

http://www.drugs.com/pdr/clonazepam.html

This did not make any sense to me either. I am a bit scientifically challenged I think. Can these drugs permanently damage the brain and if so what kind of damage?

It is a seizure medication and going off of it - especially if you take it a long time - can actually cause you to have seizures even if you didn't have them previously. I wouldn't go so far as to say it causes brain damage, though.

The L-theanine sounds like a really good choice. I wish I had thought of it.

Guest winpro07
:) Edited by winpro07

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=9719

There you have the secret smile. 10 min a day and it will do wonders for your pscyhe. It is designed to make you relaxed, confident, happy. loving and blissfull. Once mastered realy well it can be done much quicker just to get into the state. It also cleanses all the channels realy well, makes you fairly grounded and centered becasue of the whole body and dan tien aspects and it brings up a lot of your old stuff/trauma to be dealt with as you can see from what some people write here. I would realy consider cutting 10 min from the yoga for this one. At least try that for a week.

Ah and Kava Kava, if you get some can I have any :lol: it is suposed to feel realy great but is ilegal in my country. As I understand it is banned several places but that is just because some people got liver damage from using it (probably in too large doses) together with alcohol. The ban will probably be lifted sometime in the future. I couldn`t recomend other specific herbs but I have seen a lot of research about herbs in general and as a rule they actualy work for what the traditional doctors say they do but usualy the effect is like 20-30% where the western meds have an effect of 40-80% (but the herbs are often good for you in other ways whereas there are realy, realy harsh and COMMON side effects to most western anxiety drugs, weight gain, memory loss, getting more depressed, getting addicted to it etc.)

The way to make natural stuff work is to combine. A herb often fixes 20%, accupuncture another 20%, an aromatic oil 5%, diet everything from 5-100%, yoga, qigong and meditation takes the rest although is itself very often more than enough for a cure. Sudarshan kriya cures depression in 3 months in around 80% of the cases acording to six studies, meditation works as good as drugs sort term and better long term against anxiety etc.

Edited by markern

Keep practicing the breathing, the more you use it, the more powerful it becomes, I can assure you. Much more powerful than the taste you had when you first tried it. Keep at it, soon you will be able to feel a wave of relaxation sweep through you when you use it.

Theanine is certainly worth a try, some people get good results from it, others get nothing. See how it works for you.

Kava Kava, or Kava extract can be very effective, but it works best taken for 4-6 weeks at a time, and the effects are cumulative this way. It doesn't work that noticeably if taken as a single dose for a social event. The stuff about liver toxicity is mostly unfounded, it was related to using other parts of the Kava plant than just the root. In addition, people who had toxicity (liver failure- a bad thing, can kill you or require a liver transplant!) were also taking other hepatotoxic medications. Don't take tylenol with it. If you use it take Milk Thistle 3 times daily to ease any mild strain on your liver. You can also get Kava powder from some places, and if you take enough of it, or make a drink of it, it can approximate the 'intoxicating' drink of the South Pacific with immediate effect, certainly relaxing and anxiety reducing. But you would want to use that infrequently.

But even though Kava is a plant, it is not that 'clean' in your body...liver enzymes can be elevated mildly with the kind of use outlined above. I do know that the 'brain doctor', Daniel Amen has used it to get over a stressful period after the death of a friend, and does recommend it for occasional use.

But the question remains...if you come to depend on an outside substance, natural or not, to function socially, you will not develop any power to do so on your own. Again, reinforces the experience that 'I am not enough' without this substance. I know Ram Dass has talked about this, maybe in 'Be Here Now', I don't recall for sure.

Better to use breathing. Or explore Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Or google cranial electrical stimulation (CES), as a standalone treatment for anxiety,or an addition to what you are already doing (theanine, breathing, etc). Lots of information on the net, here's a start:

http://www.elixa.com/CES/CESfaq.htm

One type of low cost unit for home use is the CES Ultra.

As far as the chi ramifications of using something like this? I don't know.

I understand the reluctance to acquire a dependency on drugs, but theanine is really benign, and since it's $20 for a month's supply (at vitamin Shoppe) you probably won't get hooked. You could always drink a boatload of green tea, which is what all of us should be doing every day anyway.

I have just tried so many things...ssris for a little (did not like them..for reasons we all know) collodial gold...kundalini yoga class (bad teacher maybe?) and acupuncture and klonopin (ok so maybe not that much) but I really think that I want to take the natural route. Even though I have been suffering more than is normal for a physically healthy 19 year old from this for at least 2 years..I think a quote from a game called planescape torment might come to bear here and that is endure..and through enduring grow strong.

Anyways...what is your favorite type of green tea (offtopic but its mentioned) because the ast type I had was organic japanese green tea and it was nasty.

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=9719

There you have the secret smile. 10 min a day and it will do wonders for your pscyhe. It is designed to make you relaxed, confident, happy. loving and blissfull. Once mastered realy well it can be done much quicker just to get into the state. It also cleanses all the channels realy well, makes you fairly grounded and centered becasue of the whole body and dan tien aspects and it brings up a lot of your old stuff/trauma to be dealt with as you can see from what some people write here. I would realy consider cutting 10 min from the yoga for this one. At least try that for a week.

Ah and Kava Kava, if you get some can I have any :lol: it is suposed to feel realy great but is ilegal in my country. As I understand it is banned several places but that is just because some people got liver damage from using it (probably in too large doses) together with alcohol. The ban will probably be lifted sometime in the future. I couldn`t recomend other specific herbs but I have seen a lot of research about herbs in general and as a rule they actualy work for what the traditional doctors say they do but usualy the effect is like 20-30% where the western meds have an effect of 40-80% (but the herbs are often good for you in other ways whereas there are realy, realy harsh and COMMON side effects to most western anxiety drugs, weight gain, memory loss, getting more depressed, getting addicted to it etc.)

The way to make natural stuff work is to combine. A herb often fixes 20%, accupuncture another 20%, an aromatic oil 5%, diet everything from 5-100%, yoga, qigong and meditation takes the rest although is itself very often more than enough for a cure. Sudarshan kriya cures depression in 3 months in around 80% of the cases acording to six studies, meditation works as good as drugs sort term and better long term against anxiety etc.

Thanks for the secret smile link..only one problem..what is the fudosai meditation posture? I am not flexible and if it is anything like the lotus then what would be a good substitute.

And I know a good place to get kava kava (liver damage has been debunked) but i am shaman is probably where I will order mine. I might not use it for anxiety though..or maybe for a little bit of recreation and anxiety.

I am aware of traditional chinese medicine..I tried acupuncture and it worked for a bit for bodily awareness and chi flow..but I know herbs ect are also included but I am on a limited budget and cant go out and get tai chi classes, acupuncture and a herbel analysis...

And again I am new to eastern techniques so what is sudarshan kriya..I googled it and got kriya yoga?? Which was explained as breathing techniques, is this correct?

Keep practicing the breathing, the more you use it, the more powerful it becomes, I can assure you. Much more powerful than the taste you had when you first tried it. Keep at it, soon you will be able to feel a wave of relaxation sweep through you when you use it.

Theanine is certainly worth a try, some people get good results from it, others get nothing. See how it works for you.

Kava Kava, or Kava extract can be very effective, but it works best taken for 4-6 weeks at a time, and the effects are cumulative this way. It doesn't work that noticeably if taken as a single dose for a social event. The stuff about liver toxicity is mostly unfounded, it was related to using other parts of the Kava plant than just the root. In addition, people who had toxicity (liver failure- a bad thing, can kill you or require a liver transplant!) were also taking other hepatotoxic medications. Don't take tylenol with it. If you use it take Milk Thistle 3 times daily to ease any mild strain on your liver. You can also get Kava powder from some places, and if you take enough of it, or make a drink of it, it can approximate the 'intoxicating' drink of the South Pacific with immediate effect, certainly relaxing and anxiety reducing. But you would want to use that infrequently.

But even though Kava is a plant, it is not that 'clean' in your body...liver enzymes can be elevated mildly with the kind of use outlined above. I do know that the 'brain doctor', Daniel Amen has used it to get over a stressful period after the death of a friend, and does recommend it for occasional use.

But the question remains...if you come to depend on an outside substance, natural or not, to function socially, you will not develop any power to do so on your own. Again, reinforces the experience that 'I am not enough' without this substance. I know Ram Dass has talked about this, maybe in 'Be Here Now', I don't recall for sure.

Better to use breathing. Or explore Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Or google cranial electrical stimulation (CES), as a standalone treatment for anxiety,or an addition to what you are already doing (theanine, breathing, etc). Lots of information on the net, here's a start:

http://www.elixa.com/CES/CESfaq.htm

One type of low cost unit for home use is the CES Ultra.

As far as the chi ramifications of using something like this? I don't know.

Yes. I do not want to become dependent..and want take the cheapest route possible. I am thinking about kava for recreational and maybe occasional anxiety relief..like I said earlier..but I will explore breathing techniques more in depth (or pranyayama is the hindu name?) since like I said in a previous post...I believe my head or jaw is pushing down on my left lung and my sinuses or very irritated..

Also thanks for the link to elixa..I might give that a try considering it is within my budget.

The issue of using pharmaceutical agents, natural or synthesized, for the purpose of dealing with emotional storms does not have to become so complicated. Some people are mentally ill and need to be on their meds because human DNA ain't perfect; some of us come out with chemical issues that need to be rectified.

If you need to go on a mild anti-anxiety agent for a temporary period in order to reacquire your emotional balance, then do it! And when you've found your balance, ween off of it. You've gotten some very sound advice in here, my friend, but none of us can offer more. If the real people you share your life with are telling you to address this issue, then listen to them. You sound like you have good people in your life who can be honest with you.

Guest winpro07

Amount of dosage means nothing. Its the formation of the carbon chain that contains benzene that determines how long it stays in your system. Most today last for over 90 hours, some over 200 hours. Supposed low dosage can be prescribed as either a sleep aid or as anti-anxiety medication. When prescribed as sleep aid the doctor does not have to warn about addictive side effects and the length of time to develop an addiction is only two weeks with an average withdrawal period of 10 months. The two main side effects of these meds are lose of long term and short term memory. This makes "weaning off" very difficult as the step down process is very long and requires both long and short term memory for success. Healthy Adrenals is a very big key in healing from benzene, fluorine, chlorine and bromine poisoning.

There are step down schedules here:

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/index.htm

Edited by winpro07

Amount of dosage means nothing. Its the formation of the carbon chain that contains benzene that determines how long it stays in your system. Most today last for over 90 hours, some over 200 hours. Supposed low dosage can be prescribed as either a sleep aid or as anti-anxiety medication. When prescribed as sleep aid the doctor does not have to warn about addictive side effects and the length of time to develop an addiction is only two weeks with an average withdrawal period of 10 months. The two main side effects of these meds are lose of long term and short term memory. This makes "weaning off" very difficult as the step down process is very long and requires both long and short term memory for success. Healthy Adrenals is a very big key in healing from benzene, fluorine, chlorine and bromine poisoning.

There are step down schedules here:

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/index.htm

Winpro07, that link to benzodiazepine withdrawal is helpful for those who are unable to come off of them without a severe withdrawal syndrome, severe and unrelenting rebound anxiety, etc., which is fortunately a small minority. The vast majority of people will not need this long drawn out step down process, thankfully. Posting should serve as a reminder that these are not benign substances. Thanks for putting that up.

I must say, however, that your knowledge of basic chemistry, pharmacology and physiology is utter nonsense. A carbon ring in a substance does not mean it contains "benzene". For instance, dopamine, a neurotransmitter occurring naturally in the brain, contains what you refer to as "benzene". The benzodiazepines under discussion (like Klonopin) do not contain flourine (although many SSRI's do, like prozac, lexapro, etc.). Just because chlorine or flourine is attached to a molecule does not mean it gets "loose" in the body to bind to tissues, it is usually excreted as part of a metabolite. Where are you getting this information?

This is obviously not the place to debate chemistry and physiology, but the information you're posting has no real basis.

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth