froggie

RFID chip & magnetic field

Got a question: Some people are worried about RFID chips (and it's not unfounded in some cases imo)

If someone, animal or human or whatever has a RFID chip, wouldn't an exposure to a strong enough magnetic field destroy the RFID chip anyway?

Got a question: Some people are worried about RFID chips (and it's not unfounded in some cases imo)

If someone, animal or human or whatever has a RFID chip, wouldn't an exposure to a strong enough magnetic field destroy the RFID chip anyway?

Good question! Not sure about the answer, I will let someone more knowledgeable answer! But, good question indeed.

key word, strong enough :) it would depend on the robustness of the design, and strength of fields encountered.

key word, strong enough :) it would depend on the robustness of the design, and strength of fields encountered.

I agree with this. Yes, a strong enough energy would wipe out the memory on the chip.

Back in the old days you were taking a chance of wiping out a 5 1/4 floppy if you put it on top of your monitor.

Happy Trails!

I built an RFID zapper from a disposable camera, but I don't know whether it works. Tested it on a badge and the field wasn't strong enough to fry the circuit.

I used it on my shoes, because that's a very problematic area concerning RFID and privacy violation: There are RFID badges in shoes, under the soles! You would have to damage your shoes to get them out. When they're not disabled, you can be tracked. And disabling is a very defined process that can just be reversed. You can re-enable a disabled RFID badge. The antenna of course always works, so you always have a frequency-respondent marker in your clothes.

About those mythbusters guys. Apart from everything else, just as one maybe interesting information: They are at least so ignorant that they make fun of free energy technology and made it look stupid. They toyed around with some cheap do-it-yourself stuff and invited a guy from M.I.T. that looks .. well ... not that virtuous. :rolleyes:

About that exploding-myth-video: I wonder whether that serves to make the implants look nicer. The style of the video is all too familiar ... 'hip lifestyle don't be afraid get your chip'. And the remark in the end sounded like mocking, but am not sure.

'Edu-tainment'. ;) Says it all.

Edited by Hardyg

Cool :)

There could actually be a market for RFID chip zappers in the future i think

I mean, let's hope so, if these chips are going to be placed where one doesn't want them

Some reports talk about cases where people allegedly get micro-implants (but not RFID, more designed to influence brainwave or body chemistry), small enough to fit through a syringe, through shots, without their consent. I guess some of it is made up, some not. There are some relatively believable accounts about secret services trying to keep psychics or victims of medical experiments under control. I mean ... the things that are proven and even part of historical record are of this magnitude, so it's really not in the realm of conspiracy >theory<.