Yoda

heel lock

another ayp nugget. When doing sitting practice whether energy cultivation or meditation, sit on your heel or a sock to apply pressure between your anus and pubic bone. Goes great with energy cultivation drills like mco or anal squeezing. Takes some getting used to to mix with meditation but can be done with good results.

I'm just getting started with this one, but it seems to increase sexual arousal and assists in the transmutation.

If I'm too revved during meditation I won't use this technique.

It's a good tool.

-Yoda

Glenn Morris is into that too. But when I try it sitting cross legged my tucked foot goes to sleep pretty quickly.

Michael

Stephen Chang is a big advocate of doing that as well. When doing my seated breathing exercises I have the heel of my left foot pressing against my perenium whilst my right leg is extended out in front. By doing this we are minimising energy leakage while we are incresing our Chi flow through the body, I also close my hands in to fists whith my thumbs inside the fist so that no energy will escape out of the fingers. All this is outlines in "The complete System of self healing".

Dan

Dan,

I have that book, I'll review it.

It's a winner technique. Esp for mco or any drill that involves visualizing or squeezing down there.

I think that squeezing is great in addition to the heel/sock lock technique. They magnify each other and help focus the attention. You can't consciously squeeze in deep meditation though.

-Yoda

I also close my hands in to fists whith my thumbs inside the fist so that no energy will escape out of the fingers.

killer combo! Nice suggestion.

Some people have mentioned meditation "steaming" sexual energy upwards... thanks to the heel lock, the steaming experience seems to happen all the time. If and when it gets to be too much, I simply get off my heel.

Sitting on the heel is easier in bed, btw. Otherwise, I use a sock.

-Yoda

You can't consciously squeeze in deep meditation though. 

9240[/snapback]

This is something to argue about... I think that it is NECESSARY to keep the ability of consciously doing something in deep meditation. If you can not do this you have left deep meditation into trance/sleep state which I personally feel to be counterproductive...

just a thought

Harry

When doing sitting practice whether energy cultivation or meditation, sit on your heel or a sock to apply pressure between your anus and pubic bone.

9203[/snapback]

I remember David (Verdesi, Shen) using one of those stone egg under his bum. Probably for similar reason. At the time I though it was to work as a grounding wire. It was not just a stone, but some sort of precious stone. No, I don't think it was jade, yet I don't remember what stone type was.