enouch

Tenaga Dalamm Breathing Techniques?

Hi! Does anyone have any Tenaga Dalamm breathing techniques that they wouldn't mind sharing? I understand the breathing along with the movements can generate tremendous energy.

I have taught a few people on here but some never went through with the training of just the "basic" breath work.

Those that have are doing very well.

Tummo Breath i teach in KAP is same as basic Tenaga Dalam Breath in most systems & and its almost exact to TrulKhor concepts from Tibet. So there is a cross between ancient Pranayam & Nei Kung &Tenaga Dalam.

I teach lots of it in my PSD course.

All I will share with you is you have to learn to breath & be able to hold breath comfortably otherwise you wont get very far.

It is dangerous to do without a proper guide.

A lot of it is kept very secret in Muslim Circles unless ofcourse you are sufi /Muslim.

But hands down it took what I did and do to a whole other level.

best wishes

Santiago

• Like 2

There is Tenaga Dalamm and then there is some kinda dodgy magic. In some Silat schools they have 'magic' words etc like a mantra I guess to call on 'spirit' power. It must work like linage energy/protection.

Even if you knew the breathing methods you would really need a transmission or blessing to be able for it to work right (and safely). Same with lots of systems in that part of the world. In the Philippines some Arnis schools require lengthy rituals involving animal blood in order to be accepted and for protection too. Empowerment's/amulets etc. It's a big thing.

• Like 1

There is Tenaga Dalamm and then there is some kinda dodgy magic. In some Silat schools they have 'magic' words etc like a mantra I guess to call on 'spirit' power. It must work like linage energy/protection.

Even if you knew the breathing methods you would really need a transmission or blessing to be able for it to work right (and safely). Same with lots of systems in that part of the world. In the Philippines some Arnis schools require lengthy rituals involving animal blood in order to be accepted and for protection too. Empowerment's/amulets etc. It's a big thing.

yes you need "ijaza" permission.

and transmission.

yes you need "ijaza" permission.

and transmission.

Well...what about kalimassada school of qi gung? The energy is suppose to be strong and legit.Reportedly at the highest levels practitioners can move objects and set them on fire!But I hear they only teach to a certain level and keep the rest a family secret.

Well...what about kalimassada school of qi gung? The energy is suppose to be strong and legit.Reportedly at the highest levels practitioners can move objects and set them on fire!But I hear they only teach to a certain level and keep the rest a family secret.

You're wasting your time. People just want your money and no one will tell you shit.

Well maybe not no one. I can tell you, but my answer is so simple, I doubt you'll believe me. Here goes.

Open your mind to this:

Any experience is possible.

If you want to know how to perform magic, you just need to know how you move your hands. How do you move your hands? How to you make your hand go from your hip to your ear for example? Are there steps involved? Is intent involved? If yes, does intent have a beginning and/or an end? Examine this very closely. Take your time. Move your hand as you examine the issues I hint at.

If you can understand how you move your hand, you will learn how to move anything anywhere and turn anything into anything else. It's that simple. Then you will not have to beg others for knowledge. All knowledge is buried in you and you don't need to beg others.

Slow down a little and pay attention. Ask yourself tough questions. Do you think you understand your current body? Do you think you fully understand your current mind? Can you separate mind from body? What is a body? What is a mind? Think this over, slowly, gently, playfully and constantly. Feel it. Don't just think it. Don't disconnect your thoughts from your feelings. Integrate. Be honest. Your goal here is to reach total honesty. If you become totally honest you are Buddha. Be simple and child-like in your honesty. Be direct. Don't play any games with yourself or with others nor indulge in any tricks. Just be down to earth and simple, almost stupid-like and ask tough questions of yourself. Challenge yourself. Ask yourself what you want to know and pay attention. How would this thing you want to experience be felt by you? Imagine feeling it. What does it feel like in your imagination? How is what you currently feel differ? Keep paying attention.

Don't beg anymore, for to beg others of anything, is to spit upon the very heart of the soul of Lord who dwells right within your very own breast. Don't spit on your inner Lord by begging in an unseemly fashion. Pay heed.

The core of tenaga dalam revolves around whats called Triangle breathing. E.G Inhale 10,Hold for 10,Exhale for 10. However the longer you hold your breathe the better & and quicker results will come. i have an article from a tenaga dalam school i will post shortly,

You're wasting your time. People just want your money and no one will tell you shit.

Well maybe not no one. I can tell you, but my answer is so simple, I doubt you'll believe me. Here goes.

Open your mind to this:

Any experience is possible.

If you want to know how to perform magic, you just need to know how you move your hands. How do you move your hands? How to you make your hand go from your hip to your ear for example? Are there steps involved? Is intent involved? If yes, does intent have a beginning and/or an end? Examine this very closely. Take your time. Move your hand as you examine the issues I hint at.

If you can understand how you move your hand, you will learn how to move anything anywhere and turn anything into anything else. It's that simple. Then you will not have to beg others for knowledge. All knowledge is buried in you and you don't need to beg others.

Slow down a little and pay attention. Ask yourself tough questions. Do you think you understand your current body? Do you think you fully understand your current mind? Can you separate mind from body? What is a body? What is a mind? Think this over, slowly, gently, playfully and constantly. Feel it. Don't just think it. Don't disconnect your thoughts from your feelings. Integrate. Be honest. Your goal here is to reach total honesty. If you become totally honest you are Buddha. Be simple and child-like in your honesty. Be direct. Don't play any games with yourself or with others nor indulge in any tricks. Just be down to earth and simple, almost stupid-like and ask tough questions of yourself. Challenge yourself. Ask yourself what you want to know and pay attention. How would this thing you want to experience be felt by you? Imagine feeling it. What does it feel like in your imagination? How is what you currently feel differ? Keep paying attention.

Don't beg anymore, for to beg others of anything, is to spit upon the very heart of the soul of Lord who dwells right within your very own breast. Don't spit on your inner Lord by begging in an unseemly fashion. Pay heed.

Slow your roll hot shot! While I agree with much of what you say on a philosophical level it remains true that to get to the highest levels you need proper knowledge.Usually such knowledge comes from master teachers,sure you can learn on your own with proper knowledge but you still need the foundational keys.It's worth nothing the highest masters on the earth[with a few exceptions] all had teachers:John Chang,Swami Rama,Wang Liping,Chunny Lnn,and the better angels amongst us-Santiago,M.JJ. Becker,Ya Mu, [DREW HEMPHELL????] HAVE ALSO had masters.You wouldn't perform surgery without a training process...sure on your own you can bandage a wound but it's not the same.

Also what achievements have you attained on your own? The question isn't meant as a slam but I'm genuinely curious.Not everyone is a bullshitter...their are a few individuals who'll teach what they know.You just have to prove yourself worthy of such sacred knowledge.I will agree that most human beings are neutral or just evil when it comes to virtue or[sin]evil but not all.Some of us actually fight the good fight.Nevertheless,there is much truth in your words.

Kalimasada is real. I have a student that is also working with them and has permission from the grandmaster to train with me because I am a sufi.

It is a good path .

Slow your roll hot shot! While I agree with much of what you say on a philosophical level it remains true that to get to the highest levels you need proper knowledge.Usually such knowledge comes from master teachers,sure you can learn on your own with proper knowledge but you still need the foundational keys.It's worth nothing the highest masters on the earth[with a few exceptions] all had teachers:John Chang,Swami Rama,Wang Liping,Chunny Lnn,and the better angels amongst us-Santiago,M.JJ. Becker,Ya Mu, [DREW HEMPHELL????] HAVE ALSO had masters.You wouldn't perform surgery without a training process...sure on your own you can bandage a wound but it's not the same.

Also what achievements have you attained on your own? The question isn't meant as a slam but I'm genuinely curious.Not everyone is a bullshitter...their are a few individuals who'll teach what they know.You just have to prove yourself worthy of such sacred knowledge.I will agree that most human beings are neutral or just evil when it comes to virtue or[sin]evil but not all.Some of us actually fight the good fight.Nevertheless,there is much truth in your words.

Agreed you need proper KNowledge and "HOW TO" also when you gain ability and also power you need direction spiritually otherwise you are a walking CHAOS cloud.

The core of tenaga dalam revolves around whats called Triangle breathing. E.G Inhale 10,Hold for 10,Exhale for 10. However the longer you hold your breathe the better & and quicker results will come. i have an article from a tenaga dalam school i will post shortly,

Yes good.

This the "Basic" level my friend. Yes its good to do this but again with out the subtleties of how and why and where to put the breath you can actual damage yourself. I learned at 1st from manuals but then my silat teacher made ALL THE DIFFERENCE in the world. He teaches me in person when i see him, also visits in dreams to teach and in some instances manifests in front of me to guide me. You need a real Sheik, or Guru to teach you Tenaga Dalam, Tenaga Batin, Ilmu Kebatinan. Its a very spiritual thing not just "chi exercises.

The CORE of real tenaga dalam is absolute faith in the Creator & becoming selfless so that true power can manifest through you.

Tenaga Dalam is just the beginning of that path and its the breath work.

If you can do and make things happen for the better around you regardless of "breath" then you are getting to a higher level.

This is why I do not post things about exact "how to" cause people can injure themselves. I have in the past given a lot of it away for free and people squander it and also loose the "path". So that serves no purpose.

Its serious stuff and shot not be treated lightly. In that respect its similar to "mopai" where you can easily get screwed up with out right guidance.

Love

S

Slow your roll hot shot!

If you can tell an oncoming tsunami to slow down and it actually slows down, you're a great master. But if it doesn't slow down, you need more practice.

While I agree with much of what you say on a philosophical level it remains true that to get to the highest levels you need proper knowledge.Usually such knowledge comes from master teachers

That's false. Period.

The ultimate authority and authenticity lie always within you. How do you know who is a master? Who is responsible from distinguishing a master from a fool? You are. You are.

How do you know that what master says is genuine? Because you recognize it as such. How do you know that knowledge comes mostly from external sources? Did someone teach you that? If someone teaches you that knowledge comes from external sources, why do you accept it? You accept it because you feel it's true. So once again it is you who decides, as the ultimate authority, what is what. Just because someone teaches you something does not mean you will recognize it. It's you who will recognize something or will refuse to recognize something.

Most people are not fully conscious, not fully cognizant of the role their own inner ultimate authority plays. This is called "externalized authority." When you externalize authority, the ultimate authority still remains within you, but the relative truth becomes one of authority being outside of yourself. This creates all manner of suffering, because in this condition you are subject to other people's whims and foolishness, and the people you think are masters can easily be fools, and the people you think are fools can easily be masters, because you can be easily mistaken in your appreciation of mastery. Just because the ultimate authority lies within you does not mean you are always correct. When you operate under an externalized authority, your ultimate inner authority is out of control and can toss up all kinds of floatsam your way.

,sure you can learn on your own with proper knowledge but you still need the foundational keys.

You are never without keys. You are the one who gave birth to your mother and father fool.

It's worth nothing the highest masters on the earth[with a few exceptions] all had teachers:John Chang,Swami Rama,Wang Liping,Chunny Lnn,and the better angels amongst us-Santiago,M.JJ. Becker,Ya Mu, [DREW HEMPHELL????] HAVE ALSO had masters.You wouldn't perform surgery without a training process...sure on your own you can bandage a wound but it's not the same.

This is a self-fulfilling prophecy. If we all believe that all authentic knowledge is external, it will manifest in that manner for ages and ages and indeed for countless aeons. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Also what achievements have you attained on your own? The question isn't meant as a slam but I'm genuinely curious.

I don't have any achievements. At best I might have recovered a fraction of my original ability. I don't achieve anything. I recover what was once mine long time ago.

How odd. I actually find myself in agreement with GiH. He is not the only one to make that argument. I believe Plato has a dialogue that argues much the same thing as what GiH is saying - albeit Plato put it as one of Knowledge. That is how do we recognize something as true, right, good, instruction, etc... if we are in a place of Unknowing. For to recognize it implies that on some deep level we in fact already know. It just remains unrealized. The deep truth is there and the tool you need is already there. It always was.

From my own experience though the REALLY hard part is the one most people say is the simplest - that is - to Just Pay Attention. REALLY PAY ATTENTION. Those 3 words pretty much sum up all the assorted meditation practices I've read about. Damn that is so easy to say and so freaking hard to do (at least for me).

Maybe Enouch you could just...I dunno...play around with different breath patterns and where you feel them in your body parts or where you might consciously direct the air to, and the direction the air takes (front cycle/back cycle/side cycles/figure 8's/cascades/ high-pressure/low-pressure/deep and shallow pressure/ who-knows-the-heck-what-else), etc... then just sit back and pay attention to what happens? That's what I'd do if I wanted to learn something but no one would teach me.

P.S. I'd also have a system check technique to check it against. Like say if you know how to see or feel the chi around and in your body - maybe use a spreadsheet to document any changes from your baseline. I guess it's kind of like a medical model. Take a 'system checkup' before starting so you get your baseline then every 2 weeks of your experiments compare the daily results with the baseline and see what trends emerge.

Edited by SereneBlue

From my own experience though the REALLY hard part is the one most people say is the simplest - that is - to Just Pay Attention. REALLY PAY ATTENTION. Those 3 words pretty much sum up all the assorted meditation practices I've read about. Damn that is so easy to say and so freaking hard to do (at least for me).

That's exactly what I think too! Well said.

----------------

The reason I post my message to enouch and to other people like him/her who might be reading this, is because I feel their pain. I know the pain of constantly begging people to share some wisdom with you, to lend you a hand, only to be taunted with secrets, $$$ prices and claims of exclusivity.

The people who refuse to openly share knowledge are my enemies. I will destroy them all in due time, of that there is no doubt. If someone's business depends on secrecy and non-sharing, I will destroy that business. I will not use violence as my main method of destruction, however, I will behave in such manner that secret practices will come to an end and that claims of exclusivity will become irrelevant as they are muffled by the endless torrent of real, openly and widely available wisdom.

There will be no more lowly begging. There will be no more taunting and teasing of the genuine seekers, and I assume enouch is genuine.

Edited by goldisheavy

If you can tell an oncoming tsunami to slow down and it actually slows down, you're a great master. But if it doesn't slow down, you need more practice.

That's false. Period.

The ultimate authority and authenticity lie always within you. How do you know who is a master? Who is responsible from distinguishing a master from a fool? You are. You are.

How do you know that what master says is genuine? Because you recognize it as such. How do you know that knowledge comes mostly from external sources? Did someone teach you that? If someone teaches you that knowledge comes from external sources, why do you accept it? You accept it because you feel it's true. So once again it is you who decides, as the ultimate authority, what is what. Just because someone teaches you something does not mean you will recognize it. It's you who will recognize something or will refuse to recognize something.

Most people are not fully conscious, not fully cognizant of the role their own inner ultimate authority plays. This is called "externalized authority." When you externalize authority, the ultimate authority still remains within you, but the relative truth becomes one of authority being outside of yourself. This creates all manner of suffering, because in this condition you are subject to other people's whims and foolishness, and the people you think are masters can easily be fools, and the people you think are fools can easily be masters, because you can be easily mistaken in your appreciation of mastery. Just because the ultimate authority lies within you does not mean you are always correct. When you operate under an externalized authority, your ultimate inner authority is out of control and can toss up all kinds of floatsam your way.

You are never without keys. You are the one who gave birth to your mother and father fool.

This is a self-fulfilling prophecy. If we all believe that all authentic knowledge is external, it will manifest in that manner for ages and ages and indeed for countless aeons. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I don't have any achievements. At best I might have recovered a fraction of my original ability. I don't achieve anything. I recover what was once mine long time ago.

Okay...you want to play! How did you learn to read and write? did you teach yourself? Or did someone teach you? Hmm maybe it was a interactive process..they taught and you learned.It's a mixure of both in life the universe exists on a subjective level[individually] for each human being but it is equally true the universe exists on a external plane as well,we are all beholden to it .What happens if the sun goes out? What happens if gravity goes away? No air to breathe? So knowledge can be external and that is why scientists devote their lives to studying phenomena.

When I wrote their is much truth in your words I meant they reminded me of Jean Paul Sartre and his philosophy.However beyond a few wonderful insights his philosophy collaspes from within.''Mankind is condemmed to absolute freedom'' ''Human exsistence precedes esssence'' ''Acting with guidance from others is acting in bad faith'' Wondeful! But he couldn't provide a moral framework for his life..and he seriously tried.Sure, one can practice qi gung on his own provided he has proper knowledge...maybe even learn to set things on fire.But again all this is predicated on proper knowledge.Would you have your child vacinated[ifyou believe in it] by a drug that didn't go through a refining process? Or allow surgery to be performed on you by some one who's only read Gray's anatomy? We are such hypocrites when it comes to spiritual matters!

You say I gave birth to ny mother and father...how? I think they preceded me...unless I'm Sean Connor from the terminator movies[hot chicks on t.v. series] this just isn't possible.Mo pai's sister taught herself Japaneese and he's learning chineese but their learning came or comes from external sources...at least intially.

Learning is always internal and external.Goldisheavy, becareful of becoming unstable to quote the fictional lt.Commander Data from star trek first contact when talking to borg queen''believing oneself to be perfect and all knowing is often the sigh of a DELUSIONAL MIND'' Be wary of becoming the king of fools!

Listen carefully,

with out proper instruction, Guidance you will not get "inner Power" or Tenaga Dalam or what ever it is you are looking for.

You need a teacher be it in the physical or GOD directly but you need a teacher.

You can "IMAGINE" all day long GIH that you have Tenaga Dalam but truth is you dont.

You need to get with someone that does. Or be given true empowerment, Ijaaza (Permission) to practice.

Sitting around wont develop it. There is a CONCISE methodology. Otherwise every couch potato would be a Tenaga Dalam master! hahaha

Peace

S

That's exactly what I think too! Well said.

----------------

The reason I post my message to enouch and to other people like him/her who might be reading this, is because I feel their pain. I know the pain of constantly begging people to share some wisdom with you, to lend you a hand, only to be taunted with secrets, $$$ prices and claims of exclusivity.

The people who refuse to openly share knowledge are my enemies. I will destroy them all in due time, of that there is no doubt. If someone's business depends on secrecy and non-sharing, I will destroy that business. I will not use violence as my main method of destruction, however, I will behave in such manner that secret practices will come to an end and that claims of exclusivity will become irrelevant as they are muffled by the endless torrent of real, openly and widely available wisdom.

There will be no more lowly begging. There will be no more taunting and teasing of the genuine seekers, and I assume enouch is genuine.

you have delusions of grandeur my friend.

Edited by Vajrasattva

Oh dear.

Perhaps I was wrong. It certainly wouldn't be the first time that has happened.

Forget what I posted, Enouch. The last thing anyone should do is listen to me.

Best wishes :)

Edited by SereneBlue

Oh dear.

Perhaps I was wrong. It certainly wouldn't be the first time that has happened.

Forget what I posted, Enouch. The last thing anyone should do is listen to me.

Best wishes :)

Not at all! I agree with much of what you wrote! Ultimately all help is self help,it's like the saying give a man a fish today and he'll be back asking for another tomorrow.But teach a man how to fish and he can feed himself forever.It is all about access to proper knowledge or instructors,you need one or the other to really advance.Self education[application] is all important as well,since that is how you eclipse your peers.Meaning mastery comes through relentless practice/repetition.

Not at all! I agree with much of what you wrote! Ultimately all help is self help,it's like the saying give a man a fish today and he'll be back asking for another tomorrow.But teach a man how to fish and he can feed himself forever.It is all about access to proper knowledge or instructors,you need one or the other to really advance.Self education[application] is all important as well,since that is how you eclipse your peers.Meaning mastery comes through relentless practice/repetition.

Hmm...

I must think on what you said. Good stuff. :)

Perhaps I can try to explain why what GiH said resonated with me by way of illustration.

Have you ever heard of the Indian Mathematician Ramanujan? It is my understanding that this guy made substantial contributions to mathematics. Some equations and stuff which even today have not yet been solved.

The story I heard was that he pretty much re-derived over 100 years of mathematics in near isolation. No access to other mathematicians other than a few old textbooks. But his discoveries went way beyond just what the textbooks taught. Case in point: The Elliptic Modular Function which as I understand has still not been solved today.

Now I suppose one could say he did have teachers - those textbooks or whatnot. But I find it interesting that he somehow managed to come up with stuff way beyond what anything he was exposed to or taught.

Kind of like Albert Einstein and Relativity or Isaac Newton.

How do we account for such..hmm...flashes of knowing?

I kind of see it as being similar to all of us having inherent Buddha Nature. The way I read what GiH is saying is that we all possess that same capability as did Albert Einstein, Ramanujan or Sir Newton. No one taught any of them (the thing they discovered that is) - yet they are the Giants upon whose shoulders we stand.

That's why I waver back and forth. I can see the point of having great teachers. Yet I can also see what GiH was trying to get at (and Plato too for that matter).

I am all very unclear about this so take what I posted as just pondering this stuff out loud.

Edited by SereneBlue

Listen,

None of us are born without some context. In that sense, the context is your teacher. However, you don't have to seek out this context -- you can't help but to have it! The context is always within you, always available. You don't need to seek it far abroad!

Your mother and your father are internal to you, not external -- this is a special point of view. This special point of view is for training purposes. It's meant to stretch the mind, but it is not the ultimate truth. It is a useful relative truth that has the capacity to broaden your perception if you entertain it for a while.

Let's play a game. I will invent a term. Let's call it "bromanga dolamango". I will then start teaching people this "bromanga dolamango." Since I have invented it, since I am giving birth to this term, I get to define what it means. Then I teach this to others. This is called "lineage". The power to guard this definition is then inherited by this lineage. So then people inside my lineage can claim to know what "bromanga dolamango" is, and rightly so, because I'm the one who invented it, and I made it up, and I passed it on, so pretty much by definition and due to no special achievement or merit or even good karma, my lineage has the power to make a claim "we know what 'bromanga dolamango' is, and if you want to know what it is, you must get a special permission from us and an initiation as well". Now if you manage to paint this "bromanga dolamango" as something very cool, awesome, useful, and in a word, desirable, this gives your lineage social power over others, at least over those who greedily lust after this kind of power. It's like a worm on a hook. And it catches stupid fish that swims there that believes this 'bromanga dolamango' will save it, or make its penis get 2x as big, or give you the power of the Lord, or whatnot. Thus you become a slave to the lineage.

Now... Let's step back. Maybe 'bromanga dolamango' is even somewhat useful. But the fact remains that someone at some point, someone like me, has simply made this shit up. And yes, I can claim that God revealed it to me and move all the authorship to God, in order to bolster my claim. That's easy enough to do, especially considering I actually do have a very intimate connection with God, I wouldn't even be lying 100%. But I would still be lying. Why? Because the implied lie is that I have a connection to God and you don't. I am special. I have the right to invent my 'bromanga dolamango' and you don't have that right. I can start a lineage, and you cannot. I am better than you. And you must take it on faith that I am better than you. You have to believe this. If I am long dead, and all that remains is my lineage, then it's easy for you to think that I am better than you. Why? Because even if lineage members are pretty ordinary, they can always tell you legendary stories of my past exploits and how great I was, and since I am dead, and there is no way to verify any of it, you can be left with a glowy and wondrous feeling about me as the progenitor or as the first (after God) inheritor of the 'bromanga dolamango' technique/method.

So you see where the hidden lie is? Perhaps the technique is useful, but the implied statement that you cannot come up with your own useful technique is a form of disempowerment and it's not only wrong -- it is harmful, and people who do this all go to hell in due time. It's no problem to share some sacred technique and wisdom as long as you don't imply by it that you are special and that you are the sole source of such wisdom. If you imply that you are, you are judged to be guilty, and there will be hell for you. I say this as God. I have judged all of you -- making claims of exclusivity -- guilty -- and I am removing all of you from my sight. Adios amigos who make claims of exclusivity.

Edited by goldisheavy

...self help...

yes, i heard it goes by that name also (i'm reffering to the 'palm thing' here) :D

Okay...you want to play! How did you learn to read and write? did you teach yourself? Or did someone teach you? ...yadda yadda

You are refering to aquired knowledge - not awareness. Nobody taught us HOW to see the color red. Nobody teaches us to HOW to feel the weight of an object... because these are distinctions found in awareness - not acquired knowledge. We are taught what the color red is called and how to spell it and speak it.... Teaching others HOW to aquired more awareness is problematic when at the end of the day the only way to aquire more awareness is to be more aware. When you figure that one out then all of the practices learned from teachers of great lineages and all of the stife and struggle we go through to learn what they have to offer - to "get it" seems like a big divine joke - because it is and always was (literally) right infront of your face the entire time.

Teachers are useful - passing over authority of our own awareness ("what you are expereincing is this...") is not and will run you through circles and waste your time. Proper teachers will convey, as best as can be done, HOW they aquired more awareness WITHOUT taking authority over the students awareness and experience. In that they are not teachers as much as they are techinical guides. Transmissions, permissions are nonsense, period. It is a means to give the ego an excuse or reason to open up to experiences it can not conceive of (of which the teacher represents) and gives the teacher a position to be able to guide and massage the student's expereince to a particular outcome. In other words it gives the little "I" a reason to trust - which gives the teacher a means to persuade to an end. Anything beyond this is belief system - an anchor to gather up intention.

So knowledge can be external and that is why scientists devote their lives to studying phenomena.

Again the knowledge gained is from observation through awareness which is then unravelled into an explaination which can be conveyed accurately to others. In the case of science - this explaination is considered correct if it can be recreated consistently. AWARENESS is the key to the knowledge. Having permission to practice a technique or not will have no effect on the outcome if the practice is sound. If transmission and permission are nessesary for the outcome then the outcome is dependant on the suggestions of teachers and the suggestibility of the student. The more dedicated, loyal and unquestioning the student is the more suggestible the student will be - thus more result. This is setting out to learn a belief system then experience the belief system directly - has nothing to do with truth, awareness, nature... however, by applying great and consistent effort "to achieve" inevidably the person will bump into limitations of thier own awareness and thus through consistent and great effort will learn a thing or two about mind and awareness... but at the end of the day was it the teacher, the teachings, the transmission, the persmission or the students great effort and intention to aquire more awareness which produced the result? Lineages have a psychological impact, nothing more. And that impact is a double edged sword - can help and can hinder.

Edited by -O-