sean

Want to be a moderator of The Tao Bums?

I've been rather busy the last, well two years now frankly, and unfortunately have not had the time or attention to detail for moderating The Tao Bums as I used to. I've been telling myself that it's just temporary, but I'm starting to realize this community has outgrown me.

Soo... I'm looking for someone, preferably an already established and active member of the community here, who wants to help out. Pretty simple job, and you'd really be helping out me and the community.

If you are interested please email me at [email protected] if you are interested, with a link to your TTB profile (top left) and I'll explain further.

Thanks!

Sean

I've been rather busy the last, well two years now frankly, and unfortunately have not had the time or attention to detail for moderating The Tao Bums as I used to. I've been telling myself that it's just temporary, but I'm starting to realize this community has outgrown me.

Soo... I'm looking for someone, preferably an already established and active member of the community here, who wants to help out. Pretty simple job, and you'd really be helping out me and the community.

If you are interested please email me at [email protected] if you are interested, with a link to your TTB profile (top left) and I'll explain further.

Thanks!

Sean

You know I have always been willing to help Sean. :D

Thanks everyone but....

I am not the benevolent dictator you are looking for.......

palpatine.jpg

I would like to help out with personal practice requests and stuff like that since I'm usually here although I am going on holidays for an entire week :o I'm struggling not to take a laptop, probably will login at least once via net cafe's. This attachment to TTB is a sign that I should take a little break.

Stig would be awesome.

There are so many good people here that could help, it's hard for me to even try to narrow down a list.

August Leo

Cat

DarinHamel

Eric23

Freeform

GrandTrinity

Hagar

Ian

Joeblast

Karen

KoHsuan

Little1

Lin 林愛偉

Lozen

mantis

Mat Black

mikaelz

mYTHmAKER

Oolong Rabbit

Peitro

Rain

SeaDog

Scotty

Shontonga

Smile

Spectrum

Steve F

Sunshine

Taomeow

The learner

Trunk

VCraigP

Vortex

Wayfarer64

Yoda

Zenolith

.Broken.

and so many others have made much more of a contribution over the years than comic relief like myself :D

Well, I understand your concern about possibly becoming corrupt with too much power, Mal. I have the same concern for myself, however I emailed Sean seeing if he thinks I'd be okay for the spot.

What I think makes this forum great is the fact that it's loosely moderated. Only very problematic individuals, who are warned a few times to change their behavior, have been banned...and temporarily. People are free to discuss any aspect of Taoism or spirituality, and it makes for great discussion. The layout has remained the same for quite a while, and it works.

That is what I personally want to see continue.

The layout has remained the same for quite a while, and it works.

Yes, that is what I like about TTB.

I would hope that Yoda may come back eventually.

Since the place is getting bigger and Sean is sharing power perhaps we should go for a Jedi Council approach. That way people could be unavailable now and then and not cause any issues.

Although I'm guessing that there really isn't that much to do (like many council jobs :lol: )

Darn! You guys are causing me to be curious as to who Yoda is. I guess I will have to go look at some of the posts.

Happy Trails!

and so many others have made much more of a contribution over the years than comic relief like myself :D

You're wrong Mal. IMO, it's about being impartial more than what kind of contributions people made. And comic relief is underappreciated.

Well, I understand your concern about possibly becoming corrupt with too much power, Mal. I have the same concern for myself, however I emailed Sean seeing if he thinks I'd be okay for the spot.

What I think makes this forum great is the fact that it's loosely moderated. Only very problematic individuals, who are warned a few times to change their behavior, have been banned...and temporarily. People are free to discuss any aspect of Taoism or spirituality, and it makes for great discussion. The layout has remained the same for quite a while, and it works.

Me too.

Sean,

Would you consider a female moderator - due to the obvious fact that ttb is a sausage plaza :D

I vote for a W-o-m-a-n !

• Like 1

As a newb, a somewhat long term observer, and someone who is amused of tha various dramas around this place I suggest Taomeow, Stigweard & Yoda as they seem kind, wise, and importantly in my opinion, welcoming to newcomers. My bias is as a newcomer, is for the moderators to be folks who value the newbies as much as the oldies.

yes and with the v3 and karma system it would be even better. I vote for freeform among others.

I understand Sean's need for extra assistance. I do however also highly value the self-moderated nature of TTB's. We have very much become a living organism with it's own nature and it's own evolving consciousness. We even have our own "immune system" wherein, in the presence of foreign contaminants, members will step up and perform their "white blood cell" duty of effectively dealing with the source of the problem.

I have enjoyed Sean's Wu Wei style, regardless of how unintentional it was, and would hope that whoever donned the moderator's mantle would continue in this manner. A government should be passive and invisible and should not interfere in the normal activities of it's community. It should only exert itself in times crisis. So to should be our moderation team.

And yes, where the blazes is Yoda? Last I saw of him he signed up with Mak Tin Si and the he was never seen again. :huh:

Stig,

I have enjoyed Sean's Wu Wei style, regardless of how unintentional it was, and would hope that whoever donned the moderator's mantle would continue in this manner. A government should be passive and invisible and should not interfere in the normal activities of it's community. It should only exert itself in times crisis. So to should be our moderation team.

Previously, I had observed you wanting to change things to fit your view of Taoism (there are many different views - scholarly, alchemical, poetic, philosophical, religious, etc).

That was many months ago, maybe even over a year ago...but I kept it in mind, and it is why I have suggested others for the position.

Since your view is now the same as my own, I have absolutely no problem with you moderating.

_/\_

Edited by Scotty

Ok This is a little off topic but this thread reminded me of something I am selling my website because I am too busy. Here is some info below.

Hello I am the owner of www.badassanime.com an anime streaming site. This is very easy and cheap to run. I have built the best anime site on the net none of my competitors have what i have. Members can sign up, have profiles, friends, and can favorite videos, and have playlists. I get paid from my advertisers every month like clockwork. The shows on my site all have a cult following there are over 1,200 members on this site. I get paid every month from this site. Instead of taking it down i decided to pass it on to some one else. This is perfect for someone who is out of work and does not know how to build and market a website. There is no need to worry I will show you everything you need to know to run this site. So if any one is interested please hit me up and once again sorry for the inconvenience but this thread reminded me of this.

So if you like dbz and all that stuff then it would pretty cool to get paid off of it. Check out my profile below im everyone's first friend

http://www.badassanime.com/elijah

My asking price is $3,000

Please only serious inquiries.

Edited by thunder mind

I heard that Yoda's father got cancer and was in a serious condition. Let's hope Yoda's dad all well and pray for his father .

Taking care ! Dao Bless You !

..... where the blazes is Yoda? Last I saw of him he signed up with Mak Tin Si and the he was never seen again.

Nothing against Sigweard, but I don't think that anyone who advertise their own materials and websites here should be considered for staff; a conflict of interest.

What don't you understand?

I was suggesting others who could moderate, who I felt would maintain the current way of moderating...a hands off approach. I thought Stigwerd had other plans in mind, to change the forum to fit his view of Taoism. He assured us that he wants to maintain the hands off approach as well...so now I won't mind if he moderates.

Then I typed "_/\_" which means bowing humbly in respect.

I hope everything is clear now for you. :huh: