abramelin

Open-mindedness

Someone posted this video on another forum dealing with subjects similar that is discussed here.

What is openmindedness?

Peace /J

What is openmindedness?

Hi Abramelin,

This is one of those tricky concepts.

Openmindedness, to me, means being willing to accept new thoughts for consideration (but not blind acceptance).

I think it is important to be open to new ideas but I also think that these new ideas should be mixed with good logic and the knowledge we currently have.

Happy Trails!

Good video, although clearly the maker takes one of the two 'sides' and thus I'm curious whether he himself is close-minded. Doesn't have to be, but he takes the role of an advocate. He could for example say that blindly believing in what scientists say is gullibility. Also to help watchers not to fall into the trap.

The example about the court is a bit naive, actually. Evidence is sometimes hardly considered by a judge, who is easily convinced through personal reasons, because of a lack of integrity.

Also, when he mentions "science", he seems to mean the theory or the ideal of the idea, not science like it is practiced as an establishment.

Edited by Hardyg