Sign in to follow this  
wudangspirit

8 Extraordinary Channels and Taji

Just wondering if there are any Taiji practioners out there who utilize the 8 Extraordinary Channels during Taiji.

It has come to my attention lately that when I get with many people of different Taiji schools or practioners to discuss our practice, they never heard of it or didn't know how to utilize it in Taiji. A few people have heard of it but they said that their teacher doesn't teach it.

I found it odd because I was taught that this was a key element in practicing Taiji and doing it without utlizing the channels would be like dancing or peforming. Of course you have to learn to walk before you run so I realize that at the beginning levels we are not taught that. I wasn't either at the beginning.

I'm curious to know if this is a common practice or not.

Any comments? Feedback?

- Wudangspirit

Just wondering if there are any Taiji practioners out there who utilize the 8 Extraordinary Channels during Taiji.

It has come to my attention lately that when I get with many people of different Taiji schools or practioners to discuss our practice, they never heard of it or didn't know how to utilize it in Taiji. A few people have heard of it but they said that their teacher doesn't teach it.

I found it odd because I was taught that this was a key element in practicing Taiji and doing it without utlizing the channels would be like dancing or peforming. Of course you have to learn to walk before you run so I realize that at the beginning levels we are not taught that. I wasn't either at the beginning.

I'm curious to know if this is a common practice or not.

Any comments? Feedback?

- Wudangspirit

I do not dance or taiji the 8 extraordinary, but train them in our medical qigong system after first having trained the 12 ordinary specifically.

Hope no one takes this personally I honestly want to know if it is a common practice among Taiji practitioners. In Qigong I can see it more commonly used especially in Medical Qigong. The applications are apparent in Traditional Chinese medical settings.

Thanks for the reply

I do not dance or taiji the 8 extraordinary, but train them in our medical qigong system after first having trained the 12 ordinary specifically.

Sign in to follow this